Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-21-2007, 03:33 PM

Default Re: $2k push-up Prop bet

I'm twice the age of most you guys and I could do this easy. You should at least be doing one-handed pushups. Now that would be a bet.

Wimps
Old 07-21-2007, 07:10 PM

All willpower if you are in decent shape. Should be a piece of cake, but instead you are taking your time and thinking about it way too much. If you lose it definitely says something about your manhood.
Old 07-21-2007, 07:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Apathy just do 500 every 45 seconds and you'll be done in a minute and a half.

[/ QUOTE ]

this made me laugh - i had to get out a calculator first though
Old 07-21-2007, 08:06 PM

What a sweet bet, I think sleeping is a bad idea. I used to do 4 sets of 50 in 20 minutes, alternate hand positions, and use good posture! Coffee is going to help and make sure to eat food, protein esp. If I were you I would do sets of 10-15 every 5-10 minutes till your done and then sleep. I wish I could get some action like that, I think that you could probably do 13-1500.
Old 07-21-2007, 08:07 PM

This is the easiet 2k ever.
Old 07-21-2007, 08:17 PM

Ok Apathy got to 658 or so and quit. This bums me out quite a bit because of course I booked the same bet last night while drunk and i'm 15 years older than Apathy and haven't lifted more than a Heineken bottle in 5 years.

So now i'm at the point where I either don't want to even try (ie, buy out from Durrr and Usher,) or I want to get some reasonable odds and get the total amount over $10K so that I have a chance of working some mind over matter BS or something. For $10K I would be willing to keep going with a mild to moderate injury whereas for $2K I think I'll probably quit like Apathy as soon as I feel like having a beer.

PM me if you want some action, I'll probably try it a week from this Friday (i'm on-call until then and can't risk getting called to work for several hours while I'm trying to do this.)

Irieguy
Old 07-21-2007, 08:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Ok Apathy got to 658 or so and quit. This bums me out quite a bit because of course I booked the same bet last night while drunk and i'm 15 years older than Apathy and haven't lifted more than a Heineken bottle in 5 years.

So now i'm at the point where I either don't want to even try (ie, buy out from Durrr and Usher,) or I want to get some reasonable odds and get the total amount over $10K so that I have a chance of working some mind over matter BS or something. For $10K I would be willing to keep going with a mild to moderate injury whereas for $2K I think I'll probably quit like Apathy as soon as I feel like having a beer.

PM me if you want some action, I'll probably try it a week from this Friday (i'm on-call until then and can't risk getting called to work for several hours while I'm trying to do this.)

Irieguy

[/ QUOTE ]

roid it obv
Old 07-21-2007, 08:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Irieguy

[/ QUOTE ]

roid it obv

[/ QUOTE ]

lol, yeah obv. But I said I wouldn't do any training until I try it and the only drugs allowed are ibuprofen, alcohol, THC and caffeine. Or at least these were all ok for Apathy so I'm assuming I get to use the same drugs. I'm a gynecologist and would have to work moderately hard to find anabolic steroids without any risk at all to my license and obv. I wouldn't risk my license for any prop bet under a mill.

Irieguy
Old 07-21-2007, 08:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Apathy didn't fail because of lack of physical conditioning, but because of a poor approach to the problem.
My advice, benefit from his experience (and the posters here).

Don't try to "knock out" as many as you can in a short period with the intent to rest and repeat. You cause muscle damage which is great if you're trying to build muscle, but sucks if you need your muscles working again.

Do really small sets. For reference: 3 pushups every 2 minutes gets you done in 22 hours. If you want some sleep (remember to finish the attempt before you sleep), you'll probably want 4-5 pushups every 2 minutes.

The key (well, other than drugs) is consistency. I'd recommend buying the Arrested Development DVDs and just watching it as you knock out the pushups. The idea is to spend the entire day working on this prop bet, but you need someone to keep your attention during the down time.
Old 07-21-2007, 08:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
apathy,
I made basically the same bet with durrr...first was 1000 pushups in 28 hrs after he had about 4 drinks for $500. Needless to say i won that bet. He also claims that he will get in amazing shape sometime soon so we bet $1000 that he can do 2000 pushups in 24 hrs by the end of this year. Im a huge nit and i jumped on this bet. I am counting my $$$ now.

[/ QUOTE ]

hahahaha wtf why dint he book this bet with me. durrs biggest prop bet fish ever.