Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-09-2007, 02:00 PM

Default Re: OOT weekly thread: minor things that infuriate you

When people dont use blinkers. Id like to gouge out their eyeballs and piss in the empty sockets. Seriously, is it that hard to use them? I feel like you have to try NOT to use your blinkers. Ok, rant over.
Old 07-09-2007, 02:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
When people dont use blinkers. Id like to gouge out their eyeballs and piss in the empty sockets. Seriously, is it that hard to use them? I feel like you have to try NOT to use your blinkers. Ok, rant over.

[/ QUOTE ]

This really pisses me off when I'm waiting at a stop sign to make a right turn and some retard comes cruising down the street from my left and suddenly turns onto my street without using his blinker. Thanks, a-hole.
Old 07-09-2007, 02:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
It bugs me when there's still space on the right(a bike path, half a lane, whatever) to turn, and they could let you by for your right turn if they scooted up or over a couple or few feet, but they don't. What do they have to lose?

[/ QUOTE ]
Uggghhh, this just happened to me this morning, and regularly at the intersection closest to my condo. The right lane is about two cars wide at the intersection and rather than the car line up on the left side so people can turn they almost always park their goddamned car in the middle of the lane and nobody can get around them.

This is particularly grievous at this intersection because it's a third through lane that appears just before the light and often times, including this morning, the only reason the car was in the lane was to line jump everyone after the signal, since the lane ends shortly thereafter. Goddamn line jumpers keeping me from making a right. Grrrrr.

EDIT: I'm not the road rage type - I don't seek out confrontation or make eye contact or tailgate, etc. - but my play here is to get in the far right part of the lane and as close to their bumper as I can to get my point across. That's about as aggro as I get.
Old 07-09-2007, 02:06 PM

Going to my local 7-11 for 2 packs of cigs. Guy grabs 1 pack, THEN PAUSES FOR A FULL MINUTE TO LISTEN "MY FAVORITE WORD GAME ON NPR". THEN FORGETS WHAT OTHER CIGS I WANTED. 3 plus minutes for a 2 packs of cig purchase, with cash, in an empty store.

This is the same guy who once gave the teenage couple in line in front of me street by street directions to a burger joint 3 miles away, WHILE THERE WAS 5 PEOPLE IN LINE! I mean, do you think 2 people unfamiliar with the area, not writing anything down, EVEN REMEMBER WHAT YOU SAID 2 MINUTES AGO WHEN YOU STARTED GIVING THEM DIRECTIONS?????

Homicide is not out of the question with this guy.

KJS
Old 07-09-2007, 02:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
it's hardly minor but people who take the elevator to the second floor. after they push the button and for the 3 second ride one floor up i am screaming in my head to them "are the stairs broken you lazy fat [censored]!?"

[/ QUOTE ]

I work on the 2nd floor and this stupid building has no stair access into the building, only out. Therefore, I am FORCED to take the elevator up to my office every time. God I hate it.

KJS
Old 07-09-2007, 02:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Old people can't sleep, and they go to bed at 7:30.

Anyway, my minor thing that infuriates me is rubberneckers. Traffic is already bad enough, but when I'm bumper to bumper for 20 minutes, only to arrive at an accident scene that's ON THE OTHER SIDE OF THE MOTHER F-IN HIGHWAY, NOT AFFECTING THE TRAFFIC IN MY LANES AT ALL, I really lose it.

I can see the m-f'ers ahead of me BRAKING so they can slow down and take a goooooood loooooooong look at the pretty broken glass and bent fenders on the other side of the highway. That's when I lean on my horn and start yelling.

[/ QUOTE ]

I experienced one of the more infuriating rubbernecking incidents this morning.

I'm stuck in bumper to bumper traffic for about 25 minutes on the West Side Highway in Manhattan. When I get to the source, I look to the side of the road to find a guy dancing some crazy jig while balancing a watermelon on his head...WTF!
Old 07-09-2007, 02:28 PM

KJS - they play NPR at your local 7-11?
Old 07-09-2007, 02:48 PM

People who lick their fingers when looking through one of your books, or to help open up a plastic bag at the store to pack your groceries.

Cashiers at the grocery store who roll your bottles of cold soda, beer, or sparkling water down the conveyer belt to the end of the counter after running them over the bar code reader, instead of just setting them down away from the belt.

Why would I buy a carbonated drink COLD, as in maybe I want to drink it pretty soon, and want it rolled and banged around so it will go flat soon after opening or even explode right in my face? Do cashiers find it optimal to juggle their own carbonated beverages prior to consumption? WTF, how stupid, lazy, and passive aggressive do you have to be?
Old 07-09-2007, 02:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, this guy fancies himself an erudite cashier ("$10.66 is your change, the year of the Norman invasion") so he does at times play NPR.

KJS
Old 07-09-2007, 02:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, this guy fancies himself an erudite cashier ("$10.66 is your change, the year of the Norman invasion") so he does at times play NPR.

KJS

[/ QUOTE ]

LOLz