Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > Tournament Circuit/WSOP
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-07-2007, 05:21 PM

Default Re: Joe Seboks blog post - Re: Ikes play

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Umm, am I the only one who realises that Joe is a PROFESSIONAL and as such he is right and people who post on internet forums are wrong? Geez.

[/ QUOTE ]
Sarcasm...? I hope.

[/ QUOTE ]

Joe Sebok from the last podcast: "Well the thing that cracked me up is, you read the thread and people are going on about how I don't know what I'm doing and how bad I am... like people, if you're doing something professionally and you're able to make money at it, especially in a competitive environment--I'm not saying I'm the best by any means, I'm still learning the game--but trust me, I'm probably better than you if you're writing on a thread"

[/ QUOTE ]

... and your point michaelson?? what he said is true... hes probably better than MOST of everyone on this site in live tourneys...
otherwise everybody on here would be playing in and cashing in mid-high stakes live tourneys(not counting those of us under 21).. and if you say that having success in live tourneys is not your aspiration than you're just lying to yourself and probably forgetting the reason you even started playing poker(--cos you saw it on tv)

joe started from scratch so don't try and say something about how he could've always just gotten money from barry and that any success he has is just variance

stop blowing what one person said about another person (whom he doesn't even know) way out of proportion by attacking his character.. it would be fine had his analysis of the hands been re-analyzed by posters in this thread, but there's no reason to criticize his persona
Old 07-07-2007, 05:23 PM

such hostility, I like Joe, he's fun at the table.
Old 07-07-2007, 05:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Umm, am I the only one who realises that Joe is a PROFESSIONAL and as such he is right and people who post on internet forums are wrong? Geez.

[/ QUOTE ]
Sarcasm...? I hope.

[/ QUOTE ]

Joe Sebok from the last podcast: "Well the thing that cracked me up is, you read the thread and people are going on about how I don't know what I'm doing and how bad I am... like people, if you're doing something professionally and you're able to make money at it, especially in a competitive environment--I'm not saying I'm the best by any means, I'm still learning the game--but trust me, I'm probably better than you if you're writing on a thread"

[/ QUOTE ]

Ike
Mastr
StoxTrader
CTS
PickyTooth
Sponger
Shaniac
Stevepa
Curtains
James282

Joe here's a list of 10 guys who posted in this thread. Please pic anyone of them to play heads up. For any amounts of money.

It would be fun if you could back up your random stupid comments for once.

ps. You can always get one of your 2 daddy's (Barry and Gavin) to back you.

[/ QUOTE ]

stupid [censored] like this is just childish
Old 07-07-2007, 06:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
but trust me, I'm probably better than you if you're writing on a thread"

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't know Joe, I'd like to trust you on this one, but if it's OK with you I'll stick to reading what people write and making my own judgement of how well they understand the game based on that, whoever they are.
Old 07-07-2007, 06:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Sarcasm...? I hope.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

... and your point michaelson?? what he said is true... hes probably better than MOST of everyone on this site in live tourneys...
otherwise everybody on here would be playing in and cashing in mid-high stakes live tourneys(not counting those of us under 21).. and if you say that having success in live tourneys is not your aspiration than you're just lying to yourself and probably forgetting the reason you even started playing poker(--cos you saw it on tv)

joe started from scratch so don't try and say something about how he could've always just gotten money from barry and that any success he has is just variance

stop blowing what one person said about another person (whom he doesn't even know) way out of proportion by attacking his character.. it would be fine had his analysis of the hands been re-analyzed by posters in this thread, but there's no reason to criticize his persona

[/ QUOTE ]

I like the guy and listen to pokerwire all the time. He's also no doubt a better poker player than I am. I also think there's a lot of rubbish been posted in this thread. The way he pulled rank when discussing this thread was stupid though. My point was that if I were concerned only with someone's poker playing credentials, I'd much sooner take the word of an online player with a proven record at 5/10NL than a live tourney pro with a few big paydays. For him to suggest otherwise seemed arrogant to me, that's all.
Old 07-07-2007, 06:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Sarcasm...? I hope.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Ike
Mastr
StoxTrader
CTS
PickyTooth
Sponger
Shaniac
Stevepa
Curtains
James282

Joe here's a list of 10 guys who posted in this thread. Please pic anyone of them to play heads up. For any amounts of money.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

__________________________________________________ ___________
childish? yes. true? yes. very relevent? very. seebs would not have chit if he wasnt swaping very large percents with bery, mimi and others...acting like he built his roll from scratch is a joke...

joe in a a nutshell
seebork"man when i was growing up i had every transformer"
stapelton "oh, i wanted those but they were very expensive."
seebork "oh i had know idea"

he has no clue how many life advantages he has gotten over the years and never takes a second to reflect.

also if he says the word "retard or retarded" one more [censored] time i may say hi explain how great a person my younger brother is(hes disabled)and then pull a chad brown...though i do belive in throwing the first punch in any fight you are willing to take part in so he may not be able to walk as easily as aron bean was.
Old 07-07-2007, 07:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
trust me, I'm probably better than you if you're writing on a thread"

[/ QUOTE ]
it's funny because the reason a significant number of us write on threads is to discuss strategy and get better. i will say that joe is better than most of us at getting media coverage for himself, which isn't hard when you dress up in a superhero costume and cause a distraction for everyone during the main event when the TD announces that you lost your bet or whatever.

and yeah, i'd say a significant number of people who have posted in this thread are better tournament players than joe sebok. for what my opinion is worth.
Old 07-07-2007, 07:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Sarcasm...? I hope.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Ike
Mastr
StoxTrader
CTS
PickyTooth
Sponger
Shaniac
Stevepa
Curtains
James282

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Attacking people like he did who don't have a chance to respond isn't ?
Old 07-07-2007, 09:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Just got back to this thread

SuperUberBob, from your posts in this thread, you are wrong a lot and don't understand some basic concepts.

[/ QUOTE ]

Nice sample size. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 07-07-2007, 09:30 PM

Theo Tran wants to punch Isaac Haxton.