Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Video Games
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-09-2007, 05:58 AM

Default Re: Most overrated games ever

[ QUOTE ]

Still, if you were coming over from a game(if there really was much of one anymore) that had high-end raiding content like EQ, WoW's high-level raiding would look ridiculously marginal by comparison.

[/ QUOTE ]

How far are you in raid progression? I know alot of people who left eq for wow and really only play wow for the raiding. They mostly say its less epic, simply because there are fewer people, but not having to wait 5 hours for 80 people to show up rocks, and that the dungeons are more creative and steeped in better lore. [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
Old 07-09-2007, 10:13 AM

what other games out there have a better online gaming then halo 2? I assume you all heard of MLG (Major league Gaming) NO OTHER GAME touches halo 2, NONE. When you factor in everything it has. (for 1 person shooters)
Old 07-09-2007, 10:53 AM

Counter-Strike.
Old 07-09-2007, 11:50 AM

[ QUOTE ]
what other games out there have a better online gaming then halo 2? I assume you all heard of MLG (Major league Gaming) NO OTHER GAME touches halo 2, NONE. When you factor in everything it has. (for 1 person shooters)

[/ QUOTE ]

I think Gears of War online is pretty spectacular. Far more tactical than halo. Not so much a fault of Halo as is it just a different type of Online style. Unreal Tournament is amazing as well, and came Before Halo 2.

Halo 1 online was very weak (system link was great, though).
Old 07-09-2007, 12:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Counter-Strike.

[/ QUOTE ]

Counter-Strike:Source was sweet too since it was alot of the same levels we loved from original CS but inroduced all the physics from the HL2 engine.

Also Delta Force I and II, and Day of Defeat.
Old 07-09-2007, 01:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Better online gaming? As in the features are superior? Try EVERY online pc game with a mod community.

Halo rocks... for a console game.

Halo 2 rocks... for a console game sequel.
Old 07-09-2007, 02:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Still, if you were coming over from a game(if there really was much of one anymore) that had high-end raiding content like EQ, WoW's high-level raiding would look ridiculously marginal by comparison.

[/ QUOTE ]

How far are you in raid progression? I know alot of people who left eq for wow and really only play wow for the raiding. They mostly say its less epic, simply because there are fewer people, but not having to wait 5 hours for 80 people to show up rocks, and that the dungeons are more creative and steeped in better lore. [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

I was pretty far in raiding in EQ when I quit, but quit WoW after only a few months, when everyone was in a fury that there was virtually no raiding to do, and what there was, sucked. I'm sure it's much better now, but it was really bad when WoW came out, if you played EQ as basically a raiding game.

I'm sure WoW will get better for that over time, though, and I'm sure it must already have gotten better.

As to waiting five hours for a raid, in EQ we just scheduled them and there wasn't much of a wait.
Old 07-09-2007, 02:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Better online gaming? As in the features are superior? Try EVERY online pc game with a mod community.

Halo rocks... for a console game.

Halo 2 rocks... for a console game sequel.

[/ QUOTE ]

Mod communities are gigantic and do a hell of a lot for a game. Agreed that if you are willing to overlook all that a modding community can do for a game, it's hard even to have the conversation.
Old 07-09-2007, 02:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Counter-Strike.

[/ QUOTE ]

Counter Strikes online gaming is so FUBARed it forced everybody who wanted to play a decent game to start playing on private servers, and occasionally going through an annoying out of game ordeal to organize a match against another group. That's a less than stellar example of good online mechanics.

Halo 2 has undoubtedly the best online gaming mechanism to date, of any game - console or PC. The 'hidden host' and centralized rated match making along with the ability to automatically and seamlessly group up / chat with your friends puts Halo 2 at the top. I'm more than willing accept that Halo 2 has flaws, hell - a ton of flaws. But it's online mechanism is the best to date, and it's not even close.
Old 07-09-2007, 03:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Counter-Strike.

[/ QUOTE ]

Counter Strikes online gaming is so FUBARed it forced everybody who wanted to play a decent game to start playing on private servers, and occasionally going through an annoying out of game ordeal to organize a match against another group. That's a less than stellar example of good online mechanics.

Halo 2 has undoubtedly the best online gaming mechanism to date, of any game - console or PC. The 'hidden host' and centralized rated match making along with the ability to automatically and seamlessly group up / chat with your friends puts Halo 2 at the top. I'm more than willing accept that Halo 2 has flaws, hell - a ton of flaws. But it's online mechanism is the best to date, and it's not even close.

[/ QUOTE ]
um...lol? I'll give you that rankings are good. But no on every other point. Just no. Seriously, no.