Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Two Plus Two > About the Forums
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 07-02-2007, 07:16 PM

Default Re: free Nate

[ QUOTE ]
All,

If MicroBob thinks Nate was civil enough, then he almost certainly was, cuz MB is one sensitive mofo.

[/ QUOTE ]
Do you remember when he was mod of ATF? A stiff breeze would cause him to freak out and lock threads because of tone. No joke. [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] MicroBob, but I'm just sayin.
Old 07-02-2007, 07:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You're missing the point. None of these threads criticize the 2+2 product.

[/ QUOTE ]
And you're missing the point. He didn't get banned for criticizing the 2+2 product. While this site is particularly sensitive to criticism, I don't recall anyone getting banned for even harsh criticism of 2+2 products.

The difference here is that Nate was looking for work, and wanted to establish himself as a book reviewer/editor (he'd even started a book review blog linked in his profile). He was both obnoxious and repetitive (under a veneer of being helpful) and it seemed like he had an axe to grind. People being friendly and helpful and giving constructive criticism just don't carry on like that.

Mason's an old hand and he knew exactly what was going on.
Old 07-02-2007, 07:21 PM

Awesome thread! I'll add my 2 cents.

My read of the original thread (while it still was going on) was that Nate had gone too far. And by too far, I'm mean pathologically...he needs to take some time off from posting and Mason certainly helped him out with that.

But unfortunately for Mason, the ban makes him look bad. I think Mason has caused much more damage the wacked-out ramblings of someone like Nate who seems to have some personal issues. And to let some other red (or green) reinstate Nate is a copout. The only way in my opinion that Mason repairs the damage he has done is to reinstate Nate himself.

Lastly, big props to El D for speaking his mind and making sense.

All the greens, the ones always weigh in on these drama issue, come out looking really poorly here. They obviously agree with Nath, that Nate shouldn't have been banned, but they (the greens) don't have the sack to say anything. I guess they are worried about losing their volunteer positions.

Not a good day for the quality of these forums, but some awesome ATF drama!
Old 07-02-2007, 07:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Do you remember when he was mod of ATF? A stiff breeze would cause him to freak out and lock threads because of tone. No joke. [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] MicroBob, but I'm just sayin.

[/ QUOTE ]

He could mod the German forums, they write like this: "this is not really criticism towards you personally or your posts, i just want to encourage you to consider that your post maybe was of little value and not very useful in this forum" in response to a post that would have gotten a YSSCKY elsewhere.
Old 07-02-2007, 07:33 PM

Mason,

I think you made a bad read here and should reverse the ban.
Old 07-02-2007, 07:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
You're missing the point. None of these threads criticize the 2+2 product.

[/ QUOTE ]
And you're missing the point. He didn't get banned for criticizing the 2+2 product. While this site is particularly sensitive to criticism, I don't recall anyone getting banned for even harsh criticism of 2+2 products.

The difference here is that Nate was looking for work, and wanted to establish himself as a book reviewer/editor (he'd even started a book review blog linked in his profile). He was both obnoxious and repetitive (under a veneer of being helpful) and it seemed like he had an axe to grind. People being friendly and helpful and giving constructive criticism just don't carry on like that.

Mason's an old hand and he knew exactly what was going on.

[/ QUOTE ]
I really don't think you could be more wrong.
Old 07-02-2007, 07:48 PM

Apparently the one banning the critic is the brat who runs home with his ball.
Old 07-02-2007, 07:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I really don't think you could be more wrong.

[/ QUOTE ]
Given that you started the OP, you're not really providing any new information here.
Old 07-02-2007, 07:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
All,

If MicroBob thinks Nate was civil enough, then he almost certainly was, cuz MB is one sensitive mofo.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Tuq - My last days as a mod I chalk up as temporary insanity.
This forum was getting pretty wacky at the time mostly with Elaine/Ed type stuff although my attempts to steer the tone in a different direction, while well-intentioned, were probably not helping either and certainly were not executed very smartly.

Off the top of my head, I think I might have locked 3 or 4 threads in my last couple of weeks as ATF mod that seemed to me at the time to be over-the-line.
Really don't feel like going back and looking it up to confirm.

I believe 1 or 2 other threads may have been locked by Mat or Ryan but again I really can't remember.

Before that I think I had locked perhaps 1 or 2 threads in my first 6-7 months as mod and those would more likely have resulted partly from other mods telling me, "you should probably lock that thread now. You've let it go on for WAY too long." or something like that.
I was really anti-locking back in the day but now better see some of the method behind such madness and view locking as better than some other remedies.

As far as my general emoness-sensitivity: Not really sure what to say. Perhaps I'll respond to this later after I've had a good cry.
Old 07-02-2007, 07:56 PM

Nate is the paragon of what a 2+2 poster should be: knowledgeable about all forms of poker, helpful, friendly, polite, capable of holding his own in discussions with the best players but willing to help those less skilled as well. This ban is beyond shocking.
Closed Thread