Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-23-2006, 10:32 PM

Default Re: Money Missing From Poker Accounts

I think when we click on "cashier" a secure page should come up asking us to enter a password to get to the cashier, that way we can have 2 different passwords and the second one is entered on a secure page.

AND when we withdraw, money should be on hold for 3 days in case someone without proper permission is trying to withdraw, then the transaction can be stopped. This would definately prevent a case like peachy because she notified them quite soon after it happened and the withdraw could have been voided.

Actually, I believe peachy notified Party Poker just hours after someone stold the money so basically Party Poker SHOULD have been able to STOP the transaction. If they didn't , it's their frickin idiot FAULT for not having a simple measure of having to wait a day or 2 until your withdrawl is approved. That is as easy prevention as you can get which many other sites do , so basically if peachy did notify them right away, it IS party pokers fault if they still allowed some thief to make off with her money immediately for having such assinine withdraw methods for a multi million dollar company that could have prevented this with the simplest of methods of just making someone wait 2 days until their withdraw is approved. Shame of you Party Poker for having such IDIOTIC withdrawl methods, when just the simplest of methods can prevent cases like this.

blubster
Old 02-23-2006, 10:33 PM

One updates based on talking to Peachy.

She now thinks she did have SP2 installed. It does sound like there were some secruity holes. The object lesson for everybody else here is that you should make sure your [censored] is airtight, and if it is (and it's pretty easy to get that way) you're likely ok.
Old 02-23-2006, 10:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Bottom line...only way I would feel safe with the majority of my money on there again would be if they enstated some self limiting loss max

[/ QUOTE ]

peachy I feel bad for you and all, but this is an awful idea.

[/ QUOTE ]

to me its not...if its self set...im not sayin a universal limit. If i could have set my loss for a time frame to have been say 2k then this wouldnt be such a dire issue for me. If I personally went over that in a day I could get it extended with a phone call from ME...see what i mean??
Old 02-23-2006, 10:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
the fact that Peachy's account got broken into isn't Party's fault

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
On the other hand, I will be extremely disappointed if Party fails to recover Peachy's money

[/ QUOTE ]

what if the guy already cashed out, and the money is gone? Should Party pay Peachy out of their own pocket? In other words, pay the criminal?

[/ QUOTE ]

so u r labeling me as the criminal??

If the money is gone due to thier FAILURE to act effectively and within a reasonable time, then yes, I hold party responsible for that 100%
Old 02-23-2006, 10:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Peachy -

I agree with TimM. Time is of the essence. You should be relentless in demanding that Party assist you and turn over the IP address. The sooner you act, the better. As with any crime, the more time that passes, the worse your chances of catching the cuplit and recovering the money.

I feel terrible for you. Good luck and keep us posted.

[/ QUOTE ]

I did...believe me I can be a psychotic demanding bitch when i have to be - family is in politics! I had the IP address emailed to me shortly ago...unfortunately i suck with this kind of thing and from what I have been told the person could have masked thier true IP.
Old 02-23-2006, 10:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
What they should do to help prevent this type of thing is have an added layer or security questions when you try to login from a different computer than the one you normally use. Bank of America does this with online access to bank accounts. They could also have a checkbox where you could restrict access to your account altogether to a specific computer and would have to call them to change it if for some reason you don't have access to that computer.

I'll be interested to hear the details of this when it comes out, but it is completely retarded to allow someone in CA or whatever to access your account an hour after you just logged off from some east coast location that you've been usuing all along.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is what i meant by a SITEKEY, b.c i use Bank of America too, and the use of this is great...

and what i see now that they sent me the IP is over 10k was dumped in 9 minutes - from login to logout
Old 02-23-2006, 11:01 PM

OMG I TOLD YOU TO STOP READING THIS THREAD.

I don't think the idea of allowing players to set their own personal stop loss is a horrible one.
Old 02-23-2006, 11:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
OMG I TOLD YOU TO STOP READING THIS THREAD.

I don't think the idea of allowing players to set their own personal stop loss is a horrible one.

[/ QUOTE ]

its ok...i can handle the people making rude/mean comments to me now...its been well over a day and im less emotional - it still sucks though [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 02-23-2006, 11:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't know this is such a great idea.

I'm no expert, but I'd bet a big chunk of all "hacking" cases are actually friends/roommates/roommates' friends, etc. simply taking advantage of a password left lying around.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

That's a good and safe bet

[/ QUOTE ]

In most cases yes. But there have been too many cases of this lately, always with the same villians, for me to think it's a coincidence.
Old 02-23-2006, 11:43 PM

Good luck Peachy. Hope it ends well for you.

I am cashing out from Party any money not needed to play for the day. If I have to deposit from NeTeller every other day so be it. Let Party rack up those fees. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

The only way to get them to change is to make them pay for it. I don't care what their user agreement states, if they won't protect my money I sure will. Let their policy cost them money. Better them than me.

Getting hacked is one thing, but when Party has it in their power to stop the person and end the problem but chooses not to act swiftly to me they are accomplices in the act. Certainly aiding and abetting the criminal. They need to pay for that policy.