Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Two Plus Two > MOD DISCUSSION
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-22-2007, 11:01 AM

Default Re: Best friend slept with girl of my dreams, what SHOULD I do?

Dude, it's up to you which standards you set for your friends to meet. If they don't, move on.

As for what went down, I wouldn't expect a good friend of mine to do that without at least asking for the go-ahead ("She wants to jump me, doesn't want you. Mind if I proceed?"). Might sound girlish to expect that, but that's what I'd do if the roles were reversed.
Old 06-22-2007, 11:05 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Dude, it's up to you which standards you set for your friends to meet. If they don't, move on.

As for what went down, I wouldn't expect a good friend of mine to do that without at least asking for the go-ahead ("She wants to jump me, doesn't want you. Mind if I proceed?"). Might sound girlish to expect that, but that's what I'd do if the roles were reversed.

[/ QUOTE ]

hell; i've even had a casual friend man up enough to do this for me.
Old 06-22-2007, 11:06 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Yeah I buy that, I need to realize she could give a crap less about me and about herself.

As unbelievable as it may be, I was in a similar situation in a reverse role (not with the same friend). He had an on/off again girlfriend for the past six years who had slept with many of his good friends (how he could remain close to his girlfriend or any of his jackass friends is beyond me, he's too nice a guy). We were at his house, he was passed out, she came on to me while drunk, I said it's not going to happen, and that was that, I don't regret it, even if my nuts do. I've been dumped for a best friend before (Haven't had the best choices in terms of best friends, I know), and I wouldn't wish that feeling upon anyone here. You can call it being a vagina or self-masochistic all you'd like, but I don't particularly have a desire to hurt my friends to get my rocks off.

[/ QUOTE ]

I understand this and power to you, but this was an on and off girlfriend, not just a crush. I had a similar situation where a girl I was into in HS hooked up with one of my best friends. He felt horrible even though she had come onto him and was so upset when he told me about. I began to learn my lesson right there and realized that friend was drunk and not thinking clearly and girl was not worth it.

It sounds like you are pretty much in love with this girl, and you have to get over that unfortunately. Yeah it sucks, but you should now have learned she is not worth it. You should not blame your friend and try to stay friend with the girl just b/c of this crush of yours. And although you may want to talk to her and hear her side of things first, I can almost guarantee that no matter what she says you are better off forgetting about her. You should probably talk to your friend about these other issues b/c he probably thinks all of these things are in good fun, etc.

Edit: And she probably lied about only having sex with one other guy. Most girls don't pull this kind of stunt if they have only had sex with one long time boyfriend.
Old 06-22-2007, 11:07 AM

Default You DO NOTHING....Except Learn From this Experience

Take a look at the facts:
1. She went to your best friend's flat...not yours. HUGE TELL.
2. Your friend tried to give you time alone. GOOD WINGMAN!
3. She kept pulling away. HUGE TELL!
4. She banged your friend. MEGA-HUGE-UBER-TELL.
5. She has known your friend for a lot longer than you.

Looking at the facts, she like you BUT...she liked your friend a lot BETTER. I suspect she had a crush on your friend for a LONG time and she acted on it. I can recall hundreds of times where girls that dated my friends would flirt with me (especially when drunk). 95% of the time it means next to NOTHING!

Women will flirt. Sometimes it means something and sometimes it does not. Your friend is blameless. Work on your game. In the future, you need to be aggressive with women in demonstrating your attractiveness to them. Ask then out for coffee so you can be alone with them. Your friend tried to be a good wingman but you forget that the GIRL gets a vote who SHE WANTS. She voted your friend. I realize this sucks but game over..... Find another girl and bang her....
Old 06-22-2007, 11:09 AM

That's him.

That's me

(the girl with him is not said-girl).

As reluctant as I feel about posting her pic, guess I could really give a [censored] anyway. So here she is.

Old 06-22-2007, 11:09 AM

Listen if you want to get her back just make her a mix tape.
Old 06-22-2007, 11:10 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Listen if you want to get her back just make her a mix tape.

[/ QUOTE ]

And then stand outside her window on the sidewalk holding a boombox over your head playing it.
Old 06-22-2007, 11:15 AM

[ QUOTE ]
As reluctant as I feel about posting her pic, guess I could really give a [censored] anyway. So here she is.

[/ QUOTE ]

Looks like those puppies want to go walkies!
Old 06-22-2007, 11:17 AM

[ QUOTE ]
In theory yeah, but rather cruel unprovoked and not in an actual rap battle. That's being the center of attention for you, and doing anything for it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sounds like a good time to come back with "Yeah, well you weren't complaining about my size when I was balls deep inside of you last night."
Old 06-22-2007, 11:24 AM

[ QUOTE ]
In the end, maintaining a friendship with her, even if it's Friend Zone forever>>>>>staying friends with this idiot, as he's gone out of his way on multiple occasions when drunk to embarass me severely (doing a battle rap about how my dick is small in front of a girl I liked, jumping me at his birthday party to impress his girlfriend). It's clear he has no respect for me whatsoever (and it shouldn't matter how much of a pussy I am if he considers me his best friend), and that he never will.

[/ QUOTE ]

This obviously changes things. If he's been a douche in the past, it's perfectly reasonable for this to be "the final straw."

Also, people are giving the villain in this story way too much credit for having game. He was basically in the right place at the right time.

-McGee