Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Golf
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-19-2007, 02:11 PM

Default Re: Carnoustie

Sergio going belly putter is pretty LOL at his tender age, but he'd be dumb not to if it helps, and the way he's looking today he's rolling the rock with tons of confidence.
Old 07-19-2007, 02:14 PM

Given his past problems with the putter, I think doing anything to help it out is a good idea, even though I HATE belly/chest putters.
Old 07-19-2007, 02:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
This is over. Tiger wins by 3.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol.

you might as well just go on record that Tiger wins every tournament from now until eternity.
Old 07-19-2007, 02:33 PM

LetItBe,

This thread isn't about me, but I once had so many demons on the greens that it was infecting the rest of my game. I was probably an 8-9 handicap, then I went cross-handed and within a year was playing as <1.

Not to say that will happen here with Sergio, but particularly on the greens a change of putter or grip can cause such an instant improvement in mindset that I wouldn't be at all surprised if he goes on to win this thing.
Old 07-19-2007, 02:34 PM

Agreed, confidence plays such a big role... added confidence on the green can lead to more agressive and better-played shots off the green.
Old 07-19-2007, 03:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Sergio going belly putter is pretty LOL at his tender age, but he'd be dumb not to if it helps, and the way he's looking today he's rolling the rock with tons of confidence.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm a Sergio hater. And it is LOL in a young man. But since first seeing it at the Barclay's I have to confess it is a stroke of genius.
Old 07-19-2007, 03:06 PM

If Tiger gets into a group with Sergio he is dead. He can't mentally handle it anymore. It's like having a sober tuq out there. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

Clark,

I thought the same thing at the US Open. Tiger put together that first round and I was waiting for him to run away. I'm not sure if it is the home life or if we have just become so used to him dominating. He seems to make mistakes in spots he never made them before. Leaving balls in the short side bunkers today. Missing shots above the hole @ Oakmont. Maybe the putter will get going and he will run away. I just don't expect it anymore.
Old 07-19-2007, 03:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

lol.

you might as well just go on record that Tiger wins every tournament from now until eternity.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd have a pretty good record doing so. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 07-19-2007, 03:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

lol.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd have a pretty good record doing so. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

While an excellent overall strategy, it is probably weakest at events where the weather is most volatile... "The" bad draw at an Open can take out half the field.
Old 07-19-2007, 03:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If Tiger gets into a group with Sergio he is dead. He can't mentally handle it anymore. It's like having a sober tuq out there. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

Clark,

I thought the same thing at the US Open. Tiger put together that first round and I was waiting for him to run away. I'm not sure if it is the home life or if we have just become so used to him dominating. He seems to make mistakes in spots he never made them before. Leaving balls in the short side bunkers today. Missing shots above the hole @ Oakmont. Maybe the putter will get going and he will run away. I just don't expect it anymore.

[/ QUOTE ]

Could be why Rory was saying how he's more beatable than ever.