Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-14-2007, 01:35 PM

Default Re: 5k hu sng - Let\'s make a deal!

i think ifihaditall should be ashamed of himself.

this guy IMMEDIATELY said he made a mistake by registering and obviously didnt want to play. stars support was sort of slow in showing up and he had not been playig hands.

in order to protect himself from an angle shoot, ifihaditall has to play seriously until stars support gets there, but once they do get there i would still give the guy his money back. he was obviously checking down all sorts of hands and timing out and stuff so he said he wanted to cancel it before the first hand started. i think it was really classless to take 1300 from a guy who clearly needs it when he wasnt even trying in the sng.

and for those who didnt see it, cool def said he would pay for the rake and then 200 extra for making a mistake.

again, he didnt even play, and he said he wanted to cancel BEFORE the first hand was played.

edit: also forgot to mention that 5500 turbo hus didnt have a confirm registration for them until after this sng. he could have easily registered for it and not noticed. this is not like a normal hu sng, in the turbos if you hit register it automatically put you in
Old 06-14-2007, 01:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Once you see that graph how can you believe anything that guy was saying. He said that only $800 of it was his and that it was his account, when obviously he had at least $3k of his own, or was playing on someone else's account/someone was playing on his account.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, that's what made it real sketchy. Plus (and I could be reaching here...) the part where he said he wished elky or stevebets wouldve sat... ?!?

[/ QUOTE ]

He said that cuz he knew he'd be +EV then.
Old 06-14-2007, 01:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]

this guy IMMEDIATELY said he made a mistake by registering and obviously didnt want to play. stars support was sort of slow in showing up and he had not been playig hands.

in order to protect himself from an angle shoot, ifihaditall has to play seriously until stars support gets there, but once they do get there i would still give the guy his money back. he was obviously checking down all sorts of hands and timing out and stuff so he said he wanted to cancel it before the first hand started. i think it was really classless to take 1300 from a guy who clearly needs it when he wasnt even trying in the sng.

and for those who didnt see it, cool def said he would pay for the rake and then 200 extra for making a mistake.

again, he didnt even play, and he said he wanted to cancel BEFORE the first hand was played.

edit: also forgot to mention that 5500 turbo hus didnt have a confirm registration for them until after this sng. he could have easily registered for it and not noticed. this is not like a normal hu sng, in the turbos if you hit register it automatically put you in

[/ QUOTE ]
What if the guy starts getting dealt aces every other hand, then it would be ok for him to play it out? The guy made a mistake, and you are wrong to condemn Ifihaditall. You have no idea whether he has been screwed in the past or what his situation may be. What you or I may do has zero bearing in what is right, ethical, or even fair. Poker is full of landmines, be it top pros that aren't obvious, people playing drunk/high/emotionally unstable, and you and I make our living off of other people's mistakes. I very well may have given it back to him too, depending on my mood at the time but that doesn't mean ifihaditall should be ashamed of himself.

You should be ashamed of yourself for inferring he should be ashamed of himself.
Old 06-14-2007, 01:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
What if the guy starts getting dealt aces every other hand, then it would be ok for him to play it out? The guy made a mistake, and you are wrong to condemn Ifihaditall. You have no idea whether he has been screwed in the past or what his situation may be. What you or I may do has zero bearing in what is right, ethical, or even fair. Poker is full of landmines, be it top pros that aren't obvious, people playing drunk/high/emotionally unstable, and you and I make our living off of other people's mistakes. I very well may have given it back to him too, depending on my mood at the time but that doesn't mean ifihaditall should be ashamed of himself.

You should be ashamed of yourself for inferring he should be ashamed of himself.

[/ QUOTE ]

daut is correct and is well within his rights to say what he did. coe checked down full houses, so he'd do the same with AA. he was not playing, only waiting until support got there.
Old 06-14-2007, 02:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

daut is correct and is well within his rights to say what he did. coe checked down full houses, so he'd do the same with AA. he was not playing, only waiting until support got there.

[/ QUOTE ]
Of course he is within his rights. I do not know the details of the match in full, but if I was dead scared of the $$$, i;d be checking down FH's too, lest the 3 BB's I gain on it cause my opponent to actually start laying and nix any though of a deal. Point is though, if Ifihad had KK preflop, and cool had AA, you really think he folds or just checks down?
Old 06-14-2007, 02:27 PM

yes, he checks it down. there is no angle shoot here. guy is freaked out and desperate to get his money back.

anyway, some of us think that the thing to do is take the rake and give coe the rest back. other people want to draw blood. evs.
Old 06-14-2007, 02:31 PM

lesson learned: if you want to show off your stacks, do it grimm-style
Old 06-14-2007, 02:32 PM

he must have forgot to put "URGENT" in his email
Old 06-14-2007, 02:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
yes, he checks it down. there is no angle shoot here. guy is freaked out and desperate to get his money back.

anyway, some of us think that the thing to do is take the rake and give coe the rest back. other people want to draw blood. evs.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok, let's just say I know something you don't in regards to ifihad being royally screwed in the past in ways few in online poker have been, which makes him ultra-wary, and leave it at that.
Old 06-14-2007, 03:26 PM

I THOUGHT YOU SAID CHOP CHOP?

HYaCHACHAHCHAHAHCHCHACHCAACAHChAHCA