Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > The Lounge: Discussion+Review
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-28-2007, 04:37 PM

Default Re: A Female President: Is America ready?

Well if they're ready for a black dude they're certainly ready for a chick.

Regards,

PokerStorm,
PokerStars Game Security
Old 07-28-2007, 05:31 PM

Mit Romney sounds like a complete retard.
Old 07-28-2007, 10:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think in the large part america is ready for a chick and for a black dude to be president, the real question is are we ready for a black chick president. Imo no.

[/ QUOTE ]

CNN: Today the UN Security Council voted against the proposal submitted by the United States.

President: Oh no you di' unt!
Old 07-30-2007, 07:17 AM

I love how political arguments on 2p2 never get anywhere, but I'll post in this thread because I enjoy politics.

IMO. Rudy has about a 0% chance of being elected, and I'm not real sure many people who plan on voting for him even know what he stands for. Not just do pretty much all of his social stances side with the wrong side, but he has a REALLY messed up past with divorces..marrying his second cousin..etc. etc. The majority of America has no idea about any of that. When they get into major debates, and when the candidates are actively campaigning, this will all come out again, and all of the clueless voters will realize that they can't vote for him. I absolutely think he did an AMAZING job with 9/11, and respect the man a great deal. But I don't see Republicans electing him..it just makes no sense.

Secondly, one of the more important things to look at when your looking at someones electability, is not just to look at their approval ratings, but look at the unapproval ratings as well.

Edwards, Obama, Gore, and every other Dem has a relatively normal disapproval rate that ranges somewhere between 15-30%, depending on the poll. Obama usually has the lowest, I've seen his in the single digits in some polls.

Hillary's disapproval rate sits between 40 and 45%. That's such a sickening number it's amazing. Just think, that's a huge portion of the country that she absolutely cannot earn a vote from, how would she ever get elected to be President?

I personally think Gore will run. Become the dem nominee. Obama will be his VP. And they will slaughter the Republican nominee. I don't see any way that the Republicans win this election, and I know someone earlier in the thread seemed to want to bet on it. I'd advise him to read pretty much any political articles about this election...because at this point the Republicans are working a very uphill battle thanks to George W.
Old 07-30-2007, 10:07 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I love how political arguments on 2p2 never get anywhere, but I'll post in this thread because I enjoy politics.

IMO. Rudy has about a 0% chance of being elected, and I'm not real sure many people who plan on voting for him even know what he stands for. Not just do pretty much all of his social stances side with the wrong side, but he has a REALLY messed up past with divorces..marrying his second cousin..etc. etc. The majority of America has no idea about any of that. When they get into major debates, and when the candidates are actively campaigning, this will all come out again, and all of the clueless voters will realize that they can't vote for him. I absolutely think he did an AMAZING job with 9/11, and respect the man a great deal. But I don't see Republicans electing him..it just makes no sense.

Secondly, one of the more important things to look at when your looking at someones electability, is not just to look at their approval ratings, but look at the unapproval ratings as well.

Edwards, Obama, Gore, and every other Dem has a relatively normal disapproval rate that ranges somewhere between 15-30%, depending on the poll. Obama usually has the lowest, I've seen his in the single digits in some polls.

Hillary's disapproval rate sits between 40 and 45%. That's such a sickening number it's amazing. Just think, that's a huge portion of the country that she absolutely cannot earn a vote from, how would she ever get elected to be President?

I personally think Gore will run. Become the dem nominee. Obama will be his VP. And they will slaughter the Republican nominee. I don't see any way that the Republicans win this election, and I know someone earlier in the thread seemed to want to bet on it. I'd advise him to read pretty much any political articles about this election...because at this point the Republicans are working a very uphill battle thanks to George W.

[/ QUOTE ]

After Clinton (didn't inhale, flagrant adulterer/rapist) and Bush Jr. (former alcohol and drug abuser), do you really think the public cares about divorces and marrying second cousins???
Old 07-30-2007, 11:37 AM

LOL rapist
Old 07-30-2007, 11:53 AM

Accused rapist, I meant to say. Juanita Broaddick is not the only one, either.
Old 07-30-2007, 12:17 PM

He's also been accused of being behind massive UFO cover-ups, and I'm not sure how he's gotten off the hook for that either.
Old 07-30-2007, 12:34 PM

He may be behind some murders as well. Google 'Clinton Mena airport'.

As an aside, there is no way the Dems are going to 'slaughter' anybody in an election any time soon. Red states are not going to vote Dem. The coasts and Great Lakes area are not going to vote Repub. Gore/Obama would probably stand a better chance than Hillary against whomever. Once again it comes down to a mobilization issue. I lived in the South for 30 years. I know exactly how the mobilization effort would take place there with Obama on any portion of the ticket. I suspect there would be a significant vote loss in primarily Dem areas like, oh, Boston if he were on a ticket as well.

I am the poster who has a hundo on the Repubs. I'm sleeping OK with that [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 07-30-2007, 12:49 PM

He's behind way more than murders, I'm sure. It would probably be harder to find crimes he hasn't been accused of than has. Doubtless, he's guilty of all of them.

I'm still waiting for his answers on UFO's.