Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-22-2007, 03:09 PM

Default Re: Why are internet poker players cocky [censored]?

[ QUOTE ]
I put some money on pokerstars and thought I’d give the online poker a real shot. It turned out I was pretty good at it or that I at least received one of the winning accounts when I signed up.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol
Old 06-22-2007, 09:16 PM

I wonder if H@ll will still be disillusioned now that you've won your 1st bracelet in the $5K HU tourny. Congrats on the win bro.
Old 06-23-2007, 02:41 AM

I always find it flabbergasting to see stuff like this. Hall is a legendary online player who has been around forever and assumed to have taken a good chunk of money from the online games... yet he is naive enough to accuse someone of cheating? Its kind of funny to see him accuse Rek like this with childish vocabulary (yes, being euro contributes some to that..) and then all of a sudden break into poker lingo when analyzing the hands, doing some fairly detailed (and good, imo) analysis of the hands.

Kinda crazy..
Old 06-23-2007, 05:26 AM

Saying it in a chat when you are steamed is one thing. Telling other people later is not cool.
Old 06-23-2007, 05:36 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I wonder if H@ll will still be disillusioned now that you've won your 1st bracelet in the $5K HU tourny. Congrats on the win bro.

[/ QUOTE ]

Rekrul probably hacked the hole card cams and somehow connected the signal to a secret tranceiver inside his head. Someone should have told his opponents to wear a tinfoil hat.
Old 06-24-2007, 08:05 AM

B/c many are lonely, insecure kids with limited charm or social skills. And so they display the opposite...like a level 1 simulated tell.
My Q is 'Why did you bother explaining yourself to him?'. He is likely drunk, high, up for 48 hrs, or steaming from a bad run (or a combination of the above) during that dialogue...his accusations actually sound a lot like drug-exacerbated paranoia.
Old 06-24-2007, 10:08 AM

wow H@ll looks really gay
Old 06-24-2007, 10:42 AM

i really do not see why they are cocky, for how many hands they play a day they should be waxing these big fields with their experience, they are not though at the wsop,
yeah a few players won a few hold em events this year and 1 omaha event, the live pros have few won hold em events as well while winning tons of other events non hold em, and how many of these online guys do you see getting to multiable final tables? helmuth 2 final tables of massive fields, humberto 3 final tables even though i hate the dude, ivey 2, lisandro 2 and wins 1, the online player has no reason to be cocky
Old 06-24-2007, 10:58 AM

[ QUOTE ]
i really do not see why they are cocky, for how many hands they play a day they should be waxing these big fields with their experience, they are not though at the wsop,
yeah a few players won a few hold em events this year and 1 omaha event, the live pros have few won hold em events as well while winning tons of other events non hold em, and how many of these online guys do you see getting to multiable final tables? helmuth 2 final tables of massive fields, humberto 3 final tables even though i hate the dude, ivey 2, lisandro 2 and wins 1, the online player has no reason to be cocky

[/ QUOTE ]
and who do you think makes up the final tables beside the known pros? must be all amateurs huh?
Old 06-24-2007, 01:38 PM

congrats rekrul on 5k HU. fing amazing beast.