Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-26-2007, 06:14 PM

Default Re: Lolo? KKF? Samo? Bld? Where are these guys?

[ QUOTE ]
dlpnyc what do you think about lolo's game

how much better is he than em2 and grim.

[/ QUOTE ]

I never played against these guys but the most impressive thing about LOLO was his ability to play a ton of tables for a ton of hours and still play at a very high level. I would guess he put in 2X more hands than any of the others being discussed here. He had a sort of game-theory-esque style similar to aba which meant he could play a ton of tables and still be very hard to exploit even by the best players.
Old 05-26-2007, 06:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
does bld play live?

[/ QUOTE ]

when i met bld in person and we played a friendly live session, he literally called out my exact two cards three times, it was very scary, i posted a trip report about a 2p2 game in vego last summer...obviously he is an exceptional hand reader.

i know taylor very very well and as he said: 'he's told me everything he knows,' and saying who is better is pretty meaningless. i will say that from watching bld play hu taylor has an edge, but again, discussions like these are pretty meaningless. they are both millionaires from poker so who gives a damn.
Old 05-26-2007, 07:06 PM

you guys do know that when talking about the old party 10/20 games, your talking about a limit that was most likely EASIER than 3/6 is on Stars right now?

yes there were some very good party 10/20 players, but pretty much on any site a year ago you didn't need to be good to profit at 10/20.
Old 05-26-2007, 07:15 PM

anyone who has watched punketty recently on stars knows hes a exceptional player, one of the best without a doubt. for him to have a vpip of nearly 40 and to destroy the games the way he does is amazing
Old 05-26-2007, 07:16 PM

bestest thread on the interwebs! i wonder how many times i can click "refresh" in an hour...a minute even?
Old 05-26-2007, 08:04 PM

I don't think anyone is disagreein with PP 10/20 back in the day being a very soft game all things considered. I watched the video BLd was refering to and I have to say I think Taylor contradicts himself on a few occasion and I can very well see why BLd might take take an issue with the things he said.

One of the things Taylor emphasized was that the grinders of the PP 10/20 are very unlikely to ever make a breakthrough to the highest stakes games online because of their multitabling habits. However both cts and Newb1e (who's one of the biggest winners in NLHE on FTP this year) are nowadays regulars in FTP's nose-bleed stakes, so I'd say overall the PP players are fairly well represented. Another thing I found a bit odd was Taylor making a point about how in todays games you need to adapt a more conservative style in order to succeed, which I also find a bit doubtful considering the stats both cts and Patrik are running at for example.
Old 05-26-2007, 08:24 PM

If you count the money I made an hour I made more than Lolo, a little more than Blds, and twice as much as samo thats just facts. Im not trying to boast but I was the biggest hourly winner on party poker.
Old 05-26-2007, 08:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If you count the money I made an hour I made more than Lolo, a little more than Blds, and twice as much as samo thats just facts. Im not trying to boast but I was the biggest hourly winner on party poker.

[/ QUOTE ]

But how much do you make now post legislation???
Old 05-26-2007, 08:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

But how much do you make now post legislation???

[/ QUOTE ]

That doesn't matter when discussing party US player does it?
Old 05-26-2007, 08:36 PM

what name does newb1e play under on full tilt?