Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-21-2007, 10:54 PM

Default Re: 5.20 sopranos

To me, Tony has made the decision to side with his family over the mafia. Symbolism of that is him picking out the tooth from his cuff while in the meeting with his family (and AJ's therapist). He's tossing his business to cater to his family.

The turning points in this wrestling match in his mind (which has been the basis of the whole show) was saving AJ and ultimately comforting him, sending him off in the hospital, making the Mom-as-the-bus-driver reference, not giving a [censored] about Phil yelling at him from the top of Phil's house, and walking off with AJ in the hospital.

It's like he's finally realized that business isn't everything. Family is.

But the problem is, he can't just make the business side of things disappear ...
Old 05-21-2007, 11:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Silvio: Who? Van Zandt might as well be wearing an invisible cloak sadly enough. After watching his menacing scowl as he offed Adrianna, one would have thought his travails would have played more of a part in the end...not so much.

[/ QUOTE ]

They took care of Silvio's character after Tony was shot and Silvio became acting boss. He couldn't handle it and eventually wound up in an ambulance from the stress. We're going to see more of him of course, but I think his character already developed/undeveloped as far as it can.

[/ QUOTE ]
I really think that after showing that episode, Sil is truly the only person in the family who is loyal to Tony and he can trust. Of course Tony does not know this, but as of yet so far this season Sil is the only inner-circle guy Tony has not clashed with. Sil has no aspirations, and has risen as far as he can in the organization. He does not want Tony's job, as he cannot handle the stress, and I therefore think that he wants Tony to remain boss, as he would remain his #2.
Old 05-22-2007, 12:44 AM

Totally agree with both of the last two posts.

/edit but I've felt that way about Sil since the coma.
Old 05-22-2007, 01:49 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I really think that after showing that episode, Sil is truly the only person in the family who is loyal to Tony and he can trust. Of course Tony does not know this, but as of yet so far this season Sil is the only inner-circle guy Tony has not clashed with. Sil has no aspirations, and has risen as far as he can in the organization. He does not want Tony's job, as he cannot handle the stress, and I therefore think that he wants Tony to remain boss, as he would remain his #2.

[/ QUOTE ]

So maybe the first scene of the next episode is Silvio meeting Phil at that same house Tony and Carmine visited.
Old 05-22-2007, 02:39 AM

2 weeks is a long time to wait. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 05-22-2007, 02:41 AM

AJ is obsessed with the Middle East. The Feds didn't say much in regards to the info that Tony gave them regarding the Arabs. With only two episodes left, I think this will play a major role in the conclusion.

My prediction: After the Jersey crew wipes out the NY crew, all the boys will be celebrating at the Bing. Suddenly, AJ walks in strapped with explosives and blows the place up in a suicide mission after having joined the Mujahideen to resolve his depression and show dad who is boss. Or at least that is how I would end it.
Old 05-22-2007, 09:04 AM

[ QUOTE ]
My prediction: After the Jersey crew wipes out the NY crew, all the boys will be celebrating at the Bing. Suddenly, AJ walks in strapped with explosives and blows the place up in a suicide mission after having joined the Mujahideen to resolve his depression and show dad who is boss. Or at least that is how I would end it.

[/ QUOTE ]

That would pretty much be the dumbest, worst possible way to end the series.
Old 05-22-2007, 11:18 AM

[ QUOTE ]
AJ is obsessed with the Middle East. The Feds didn't say much in regards to the info that Tony gave them regarding the Arabs. With only two episodes left, I think this will play a major role in the conclusion.

[/ QUOTE ]

Did you also write the finale to Heroes?
Old 05-22-2007, 11:43 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL I promise you if that happens I will do the same thing some where.
Seriously that would be horrible...
I mean I havent liked some of the things that happen this season (Tony killing chris) but I can understand them at least
Old 05-22-2007, 11:51 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Clearly, Janice resolving to become a stripper at the Bing would be a far worse ending.