Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > EDF
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-14-2007, 10:30 AM

Default Re: What do you fear?

nothing except losing my penis in any type of accident.
Old 06-14-2007, 12:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
heights, I can fly in a plane, be in a tall building etc, even a high ladder, or standing on a garage roof etc doesnt bother me, but I cant do anything "athletic" high up, like some of those ninja-kids in teh youtube videos do.

[/ QUOTE ]
Then you aren't afraid of heights. You just have a healthy fear of killing yourself by being stupid.

[/ QUOTE ]

nah, I dont look at it liek that. Those guys have absolutely no fear, there are very few things that cause me any fear whatsoever, heights is one of them, I didnt say it was an irrational fear, but it is still fear.
Old 06-27-2007, 07:05 PM

Flying - hate it.... My overactive imagination makes up these horrible crash fantasies and they play over and over in my head like a movie. It wouldn't be bad if it was just while on the plane or the day of the flight, but it is with me from the time I book my tickets.
Old 06-27-2007, 07:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
a few times every year or so I'll have a moment of super-awareness, where I realize that I'm actually alive, and that one day I will disappear from existence. it's not quite a panic attack, but it's close, and I'd say it's actually much worse. I'm curious if anyone else has. I've only met one person who has, but it might be the kind of thing that lots of people have but don't talk about.

[/ QUOTE ]

I had this when I was around 24 or 25 years old. I suddenly realized I wasn't "immortal". Then I would think about how my childhood seemed to last forever, but that life felt like it was accelerating after that. As if 5 years in college had just flown by and even tho I'd been working for 4 years it felt like just 1 year. Then I'd see myself as an old man near death, like someday I would just turn around and be like "damn... I'm old... my whole life just flew by". Yeah - not really a panic attack but pretty close... very depressing.