Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-08-2007, 03:01 PM

Default Re: Bonds Haters: Please post why you hate Bonds

[ QUOTE ]
It's just that Bonds is a guy who doesn't seem to really care that much about his public persona and clearly hasn't made an effort to cultivate a "good guy" image. Because of this, I think he catches more flak than he really deserves.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is definately true. Bonds seems completely indifferent to the media perception or what they think or write, and he doesn't bend over backwards to prevent them from acting on their grudges as a result.

Which makes it even more entertaining to watch the sheer amount of vitriolic hatred and seething passion at which most of these media dolts spew their passion against him, along with those who have some deep resentment of him for being the greatest player, and using any excuse they can find to justify it otherwise.

I can just picture these guys, like Pearlman or Mark [censored]-if-I-remember-Waida banging their keyboards with steam coming out of their ears at how Bonds is still a free man and chasing the Hammer while they try to influence public perception.....meanwhile Barry continues circling the bases, spending his millions, and thumbs his nose at everyone saying "I'm Barry Bonds, and you're not."
Old 05-08-2007, 03:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I don't know if he took steroids (knowingly). But there's a thought in my mind that maybe, maybe he did.

And I hate that. I hate that he will break the record and I can't be 100% behind in rooting for him because there's a chance he took steroids.

[/ QUOTE ]

Have you ever given thought to the idea that more pitchers have tested positive for steroids than hitters, or that one of the significant benefits of some steroids is longevity and ability to avoid injury?

Hmm...longevity and ability to avoid injury...who could that possibly benefit that we revere so much?

[/ QUOTE ]

No.... Not Cal Ripken.
Old 05-08-2007, 03:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
It is my opinion that he lied. No more no less. You can hold a different opinion. Yes I could theoretically be wrong. Yes I am forming my opinion on the basis of circumstantial evidence. But that includes his close association with a known steroid dealer and his admittance he took the same substances he delivered, in a non-steroid form. I am not a judge in his case so I don't need to conform to the rules of law in forming my opinion.

KJS

[/ QUOTE ]

I can respect that. I have no doubts that everyone has different opinions, and my opinion may suprisingly not be that different than yours.

My only issue was that people who share that opinion suiddenly begin to assert it as indisputable fact, which it isn't. It's just an opinion, a speculation...an assumption, not a fact.

No more. No less.
Old 05-08-2007, 03:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I don't know if he took steroids (knowingly). But there's a thought in my mind that maybe, maybe he did.

And I hate that. I hate that he will break the record and I can't be 100% behind in rooting for him because there's a chance he took steroids.

[/ QUOTE ]

Have you ever given thought to the idea that more pitchers have tested positive for steroids than hitters, or that one of the significant benefits of some steroids is longevity and ability to avoid injury?

Hmm...longevity and ability to avoid injury...who could that possibly benefit that we revere so much?

[/ QUOTE ]

Completely agreet that pitchers have been bigger users and those with a greater benefit. Do you think that the rash of pitcher injuries this season could be attested to a lack of steroid usage? I am unsure but curious.

KJS
Old 05-08-2007, 03:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

No.... Not Cal Ripken.

[/ QUOTE ]

Julio Franco?
Old 05-08-2007, 03:06 PM

I actually don't think that Julio Franco took steroids or other illegal performance-enhancing drugs. He's been very open about his workout regimen (which is ridiculous) and his diet (which is equally - if not more - ridiculous).
Old 05-08-2007, 03:10 PM

In all seriousness a moderate dose of a highly anabolic drug is what most baseball players should take, but instead the retardo it out and take mega doses of more androgenic substances and HGH.
Old 05-08-2007, 03:11 PM

Heh, this thread has sort of spiraled out of control.
Old 05-08-2007, 03:12 PM

He cheated on all his wives, he throws teammates under the bus and he does drugs.

He's also cocky, arrogant and doesn't give back to the community.
Old 05-08-2007, 03:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]

When you're done arguing with that strawman, maybe we can resume our conversation. Let me know.

[/ QUOTE ]

I love the fact that you are the one who keeps insisting the media is out to get Bonds, yet when I make a sacrastic reference to your paranoia, you try to turn it around on me. Your inability to participate in a rational debate is exceeded only by your unwillingness to look at facts and your blind loyal to an admitted cheater.