Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > EDF
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-10-2007, 01:58 AM

Default Re: How did you do it? Financial Success Thread

[ QUOTE ]
Obviously feel free to ask away about anything.

[/ QUOTE ]

What's the new idea? [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 05-10-2007, 02:00 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
The new idea is probably an old one that was way ahead of its time.
Old 05-10-2007, 02:13 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Nope, it has never been done. I obviously don't want to say it yet, but you will agree with me once you've seen it. I will admit that it's a heavily modified version of various things that exist. But it's far enough removed to be completely new.
Old 05-10-2007, 02:30 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Thanks, techno. I guess I'm the grinder of the group (at least for now) but I'll give my perspective anyways. I work at a very successful large consulting firm, am towards the top of my class, and am on track to make partner in a relatively short time period (4-6 years - maybe 3 if I get lucky and really bust my ass?). Partners at my firm make around 1-5 million. Assuming I'm still towards the upper end, that means I'll be making 2-3 million per year within 5-10 years.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sure thing bro.

J
Old 05-10-2007, 11:08 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Nope, it has never been done. I obviously don't want to say it yet, but you will agree with me once you've seen it. I will admit that it's a heavily modified version of various things that exist. But it's far enough removed to be completely new.

[/ QUOTE ]

i am soooooo sooo curious. time frame until we hear about it?
Old 05-10-2007, 01:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Thanks, techno. I guess I'm the grinder of the group (at least for now) but I'll give my perspective anyways. I work at a very successful large consulting firm, am towards the top of my class, and am on track to make partner in a relatively short time period (4-6 years - maybe 3 if I get lucky and really bust my ass?). Partners at my firm make around 1-5 million. Assuming I'm still towards the upper end, that means I'll be making 2-3 million per year within 5-10 years.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sure thing bro.

J

[/ QUOTE ]
I really dont understand this point. Are you saying that I'm wrong? Or that I have a warped perspective? Sorry, I just don't get your point.
Old 05-10-2007, 03:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Sure thing bro.

J

[/ QUOTE ]
I really dont understand this point. Are you saying that I'm wrong? Or that I have a warped perspective? Sorry, I just don't get your point.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think he's just saying you aren't a grinder... in a compliment kind of way! Btw, that doesn't sound like grinding to me either! [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 05-10-2007, 03:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
I was just making a generalized statement about *new ideas*. I wasn't directing it at you haha.
Old 05-10-2007, 05:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Sure thing bro.

J

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I think he's just saying you aren't a grinder... in a compliment kind of way! Btw, that doesn't sound like grinding to me either! [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

it's grinding. definitely grinding. mad hours, travel all the time. interesting/thoughtprovoking work but still a grind.

i didn't know you were on partner track though man. congrats!

Barron
Old 05-10-2007, 06:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Sure thing bro.

J

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

it's grinding. definitely grinding. mad hours, travel all the time. interesting/thoughtprovoking work but still a grind.

i didn't know you were on partner track though man. congrats!

Barron

[/ QUOTE ]

I seriously doubt this is the case.