Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > EDF
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 04-10-2007, 06:21 PM

Default Re: It will come down to $.

I think we're better off with celebrities as leaders than criminals like Sharpton or Jackson.

Again, the designation of "black America" isn't our invention. It's something used by people like Sharpton and Jackson. And, I think we've all heard the term "white America" used too. So, don't get all indignant about the usage of these terms, when they're commonplace and used by all parties involved.

And actually, I'd say that "white America" is perceived to be even more homogeneous than "black America".

Old 04-10-2007, 06:25 PM

My last post here CharlieDS, and I'll let you have the last word.

My view:

Simply thiking that somebody is racist doesn't make it so. If you have any racist statements that Sean Hannity has made from one of his thousands and thousands of hours of his numerous broadcasts, please stop hoarding them and share with the group.

If you don't have any proof, then you are speculating. I may speculate that you are homophobic, but if I don't have any proof, that wouldn't be fair to you.
Old 04-10-2007, 06:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
My last post here CharlieDS, and I'll let you have the last word.

My view:

Simply thiking that somebody is racist doesn't make it so. If you have any racist statements that Sean Hannity has made from one of his thousands and thousands of hours of his numerous broadcasts, please stop hoarding them and share with the group.

If you don't have any proof, then you are speculating. I may speculate that you are homophobic, but if I don't have any proof, that wouldn't be fair to you.

[/ QUOTE ]

Again your argument makes no sense. so we'll end the debate here cuz it is obviously pointless...especially with you seeming to view "saying a racist word/joke etc..say faaag" = me being homophobic/bigot.

If i never said anything hate/racist filled about gay people...but i constantly attacked their way of life, their right to live freely without oppresion, their basic exsitence etc...And if my best friends were Tim Hardaway, a neo-nazi, and the most hated family in the world and i refused to denounce their views as being hate filled and stupid...then yes I think you should rightly assume that either a i support those same views or b i don't believe that those views are worthy of being denounced.

Thus feel free to call me homophobic.
Old 04-10-2007, 09:20 PM

Default Re: Don Imus vs. Black America?

For what its worth Imus was a very strong and vocal supporter of Harold Ford Jr's senate campaign last year. Ford appeared on Imus' show several times. I'm not saying what Imus said was right but having had to watch his show because of work several times I doubt he is truly a racist.
Old 04-10-2007, 09:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Jesse Jackson + Al Sharpton...thank god I'm white.

[/ QUOTE ]

So does Jeffrey Dahmer + Adolf Hitler = thank God I'm not white? So interesting that people see a "Black America" has some homogenous group with "leaders", but of course there is no "White America" because white people are all so unique and different.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's because Jesse and Al have the biggest mouths and make the news the most and they claim to represent Black America. Our SoS is the only other Black American that gets that much press. The white people have lots of big mouths!
Old 04-11-2007, 03:34 AM

'No publicity is bad publicity'.

This incident keeps Imus on the radar screen. It's the best thing that's happened to his show in years.

No way Imus loses his job.

I used to be a regular Imus listener. If there's any group he singles out for venom imo, it's fat people. 'Fat loser' is a common Imus insult.

I don't believe he's a racist. He's just a smartass. That's how he's made his living for 30 years.
Old 04-11-2007, 05:50 AM

Did anyone watch the press conference with the Rutger's team? I thought they represented themselves very well and without trying to do so, made Imus and the rest of the media establishment look pretty bad. While Imus' comments were clearly racist in nature, they were also very sexist, a point that should not be absent from this discussion.
It's sad that the comments were made at a time when these young women should have been celebrating their accomplishments. One of them even remarked that is too bad that their accomplishments as a team didn't receive even 1% of the attention that Imus's insensitive remark received.
They are the real story here but what we get is "Is the white guy gonna get fired?" I think they should give the two week slot to the coach and let her do with it what she wants.
Old 04-11-2007, 06:59 AM

gummy,

I saw clips of the press conference and disagree. I think they really could have shown a lot of class and dignity by just shrugging it off and saying something about how they don't let criticism effect them. Instead they whine about how Imus doesn't even know them, the media won't leave them alone, and they are scarred for life. Seriously, has a male athlete ever responded to hate this way? Besides the attention (which they claim doesn't allow them to celebrate their accomplishment), I really don't understand why they didn't just ignore the whole ordeal.
Old 04-11-2007, 08:08 AM

we've come to the point where if you make fun of anyone it's X-ist. imo that's very sad.
Old 04-11-2007, 11:23 AM

[ QUOTE ]
we've come to the point where if you make fun of anyone it's X-ist. imo that's very sad.

[/ QUOTE ]

X-ist? what is that? Is that like prejudice against getting blow jobs from family members?
Closed Thread