Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-02-2007, 02:30 PM

Default Re: The Well: Kilillan

[ QUOTE ]
thank you very much i really appreciate it, I have a couple more questions if you dont mind.

This was a question I posted but did not recieve the responses I was hoping for. Do you think you could help me out with this?

This the post i posted in the well. I was wondering if you guys could give me some quality insight/feeback. I honestly know the correct thing to do but sometimes i just cant seem to dig deep enough to do it. I know its -EV to call with a 86s on the bb for hte most part but I find myself doing so anyways. Maybe I should just take a break and just studay and get my game sorted out. Well here my well post. Please dont flame be guys im just being honest and looking to improve my game. All help is greatly appreciated.

Hey bud, I'd like to thank you again for doing this we all appreciate it.

"I've been playing poker for a year now, and have been a losing player thus far but I have come a long way and have really improved my game. I have to say though I bluff way to much, and sometimes i just find myself playing to many hands pf when I know I shouldn't and I tilt really bad. Sometiems I wish I hadn't developed these bad habbits because they just cause me to lose and drop buy ins. I wish I could just start over and know nothing about poker and build good habbits. What do you suggest I do to improve my game. I know this is very vauge, and sorry to bore you with it I hope i dont get flamed. I appreciate your help bro!"

[/ QUOTE ]

hmm, I had the same problem in the first year or so of mutlitabling ftp 1/2

Whenever I find myself running especially bad or making dumb calls I narrow my preflop range down to a very specific handrange. And don't change from that handrange.

Again, it's almost never incorrect to play tight.

The handrange for me, in 6 max is
Any position- raise all pairs, QKo ATs+ ATo+
from CO and button- all pairs, JTo+ A2-5s ATo+ 4-5s-9Ts
and some suited kings and suited queens depending who's in the blinds.
Don't raise suited connectors from co and button if blinds are shortstacked

My calling range is much, much tighter.
If you find yourself playing too loose then put your opponent on a handrange then only call his raises with hands that are above his handrange.
It's actually incorrect longterm but it's more correct than calling raises with garbage.
Old 04-02-2007, 03:09 PM

thank you bro
Old 04-02-2007, 03:30 PM

Kil -

Did I misunderstand your range, or do you not raise A6s ever? It looked like your raising suited aces that are big and make the wheel, but not in between, correct?

I appreciate you giving your ranges. If "normal" 20/15 type opens from MP or CO, and you have the button - what hands do you by default 3bet with, and what hands to you be default cold call with?