Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-23-2007, 11:33 AM

Default Re: Little things that annoy you in sports

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Really, I can't stand the God thing either. Do they really think that God cares who wins a sporting event? If God exists don't you think there would be more important things to him than if you can run faster than the guy from the other school?

[/ QUOTE ]
I don't think you guys have the same understanding of God that these guys do. Not that theirs is better or worse, but different. I'm not saying it's not annoying, but it's not like that. Let's just leave it at that, though, since I don't really care to get into drawn-out discussions about God on the internet.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't want to get into a God debate either, but even as an open-minded person, I think it's pretty fair to ask people to stfu about God when the question is about a sporting event.
Old 03-23-2007, 12:54 PM

Tony Dungy really annoyed me with his god BS during the playoffs.
Old 03-23-2007, 01:00 PM

In the Red Auerbach individual defense commercial there is a clip of some Toronto big man playing help defense to block a shot. Good man-to-man defense does not involve 2 defenders, "Red".

In a similar note, in Adidas' "It takes 5" campaign the Gilbert Arenas highlight is Gilbert taking a 3 with a hand in his face with 17 seconds left on the shot clock. You need your whole team to get off a crappy shot with time left?
Old 03-23-2007, 01:00 PM

NHL coaches/management describing player injuries as either 'upper' or 'lower' body.

Although it appears as though that will be changing.
Old 03-23-2007, 01:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
In the Red Auerbach individual defense commercial there is a clip of some Toronto big man playing help defense to block a shot. Good man-to-man defense does not involve 2 defenders, "Red".

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow is that a retarded comment.
Old 03-23-2007, 01:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The inbred idiot Nascar commentators that call it a start finish line. Call it the starting line at the beginning of the race and the finish line at the end of the race.

saying things like "Jeff Gordon in the 24 car" we all know hes in a car. Just call it the 24.

[/ QUOTE ]

you are a retard.
Old 03-23-2007, 01:26 PM

Ha, I noticed that, too, in the "man-to-man" THANKS RED commercial. But wtf on dissing Red? It's the NBA's fault. The NBA is sooo dumb sometimes.

[ QUOTE ]

I'm going to go with the one and one rule in college basketball. It is barely better than not being fouled for an average shooter and much worse for a 60% guy. Teams should be penalized for fouling.

[/ QUOTE ]

I love the 1 and 1, I wish the NBA would bring it back. Right now NBA players get 2 shots on the 5th foul of a quarter. In the whistle happy NBA, that's not a lot at all. I'd rather see something like the 1 and 1 after 4, and 2 shots after 6 (I forget how it used to work and don't watch enough college ball to know how it happens there).

The 1 and 1 promotes strong foul shooting. Teams should be penalized for having a bunch of sub 70% FT shooters on the floor.

The 1 and 1 also provides an incentive to foul less. If you find yourself in a late game situation where you need to foul to catch up, it's awesome if you're only giving up 1 and 1s.

Things that annoy me:

Most stuff Najdor said. Travelling. Not just the extra steps, but sliding pivots and stuff like that. Palming, 3 seconds, MOVING SCREENS, stuff like that.

Oh man.. my number one pet peeve in the NBA. Charging calls. They're so hard to call now because the rule has really degraded over the years. I see them routinely get called when defenders step in the path about 2 tenths of a second before the offensive player leaves his feet. That would be a block every time 15 years ago. It's impossible for an offensive player NOT to make contact in that situation. His knee is already cocked for take off.
Old 03-23-2007, 01:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
In a similar note, in Adidas' "It takes 5" campaign the Gilbert Arenas highlight is Gilbert taking a 3 with a hand in his face with 17 seconds left on the shot clock. You need your whole team to get off a crappy shot with time left?

[/ QUOTE ]

In the Chauncey Billups version, one of the things he says is "every time I thread the needle".. well it's pretty obvious that wasn't about you. You were passing the ball.
Old 03-23-2007, 01:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Really, I can't stand the God thing either. Do they really think that God cares who wins a sporting event? If God exists don't you think there would be more important things to him than if you can run faster than the guy from the other school?

[/ QUOTE ]
I don't think you guys have the same understanding of God that these guys do. Not that theirs is better or worse, but different. I'm not saying it's not annoying, but it's not like that. Let's just leave it at that, though, since I don't really care to get into drawn-out discussions about God on the internet.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't want to get into a God debate either, but even as an open-minded person, I think it's pretty fair to ask people to stfu about God when the question is about a sporting event.

[/ QUOTE ]

You are the one with the problem. Let it go. It's not a big deal either way. In football, there are prayer circles after every game. Kids die on the football field, are paralyzed for life, etc. It gets dangerous out there

"OH MY GOD, SOME ATHLETE SAID SOMETHING ABOUT GOD i DIDN'T WANT TO HEAR ZOMG THEY ARE SO DUMB ZOMG DON'T THEY KNOW THAT i KNOW WHAT GOD CARES ABOUT, AND GOD ONLY CARES ABOUT WHAT I THINK HE CARES ABOUT AND IT'S NOT THE COLTS ZOMG!!!!1111'
Old 03-23-2007, 02:00 PM

What they let college kids get away with re: moving screens is a joke. If you can run an offensive set to get an open look, get a new coach or new players or both. See Villanova 85 for more details on getting open looks. [Yes, I know there's a shot clock now, they still shot 78% against one of the greatest D-teams ever.]