Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Do Pokerstars Flops Scare the shit out of you?
Yes, RIGGED 14 33.33%
No, OP is a donk 28 66.67%
Voters: 42. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-16-2007, 05:40 PM

Default Re: The Phil Gordon-Erick Lindgren Incident on PAD

[ QUOTE ]
]...Both eating Doritos like effin life partners on a picnic...

[/ QUOTE ]

Yup..Amen
Old 03-16-2007, 07:53 PM

The hand where he slapped his hands on the table was when he flopped the straight and Lindgren made quads on him.
Old 03-17-2007, 12:19 AM

I used to be puzzled by PG's bizarre behavior. Then I found out he went to Georgia Tech. Suddenly, it all made sense.
Old 03-17-2007, 05:43 AM

My wife and I met PG just before the 2005 WSOP when he was putting up a board to collect donations for one of the cancer charities he works with. He took 15 minutes out of his day to talk with both of us, encourage me in my poker game and shake our hands. In the years since, I haven't heard PG say a negative thing about another poker player. I sure as hell can't say the same thing for Lindgren, DN or Ivey. They may be the popular kids, but they sure come off like a pack of jack asses.
Old 03-17-2007, 09:14 AM

Wow. Everyone loves to suck Erick off here. Phil is an awkward guy, but that's no justification for being a complete jackass. I assumed everyone learned by the time they graduated high school that just because a guy is annoying doesn't give you a right to be a dick.

To be fair though, Daniel is the one that should be ashamed. Looks like Phil and Eric kissed and made up afterward, but Daniel is the one that's left looking like the tool. He couldn't respond to Phil on his own forum without making himself look like a bigger and bigger douche with every post.

They are all good poker players and I'm willing to bet EL and DN are better than PG. But I'll hang out with Phil over those two dildos any day of the week. They need to get out of high school and get into the real world.
Old 03-17-2007, 11:37 AM

[ QUOTE ]
My wife and I met PG just before the 2005 WSOP when he was putting up a board to collect donations for one of the cancer charities he works with. He took 15 minutes out of his day to talk with both of us, encourage me in my poker game and shake our hands. In the years since, I haven't heard PG say a negative thing about another poker player. I sure as hell can't say the same thing for Lindgren, DN or Ivey. They may be the popular kids, but they sure come off like a pack of jack asses.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol, now ivey is a jackass too?

he's got the best demeanor any player can have on the circuit. and his comments are priceless.
Old 03-17-2007, 01:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't hang out with Ivey but I've never heard him slam anyone. I've seen him take some big beats and the most emotion I've ever seen him make was telling Deeb to take it easy when all the money got in and Deeb caught his 2 outer. He didn't even blast Deeb. In fact Deeb said he was sorry he was just excited.

That's when Ivey said "it must be the shirt".
Old 03-17-2007, 06:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]

he's got the best demeanor any player can have on the circuit. and his comments are priceless.

[/ QUOTE ]
Take it for what it's worth, but I was once playing at AC Hilton in January, during the Borgata Winter Open. Many of the AC Hilton dealers also work at Borgata, and one of the dealers said that she dealt at the table with Ivey, and that Ivey was a douche. Everyone at the table was surprised to hear that, since they thought the same way you do. Obviously it's second hand information, but I thought I'd add it here.
Old 03-17-2007, 09:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Take it for what it's worth, but I was once playing at AC Hilton in January, during the Borgata Winter Open. Many of the AC Hilton dealers also work at Borgata, and one of the dealers said that she dealt at the table with Ivey, and that Ivey was a douche. Everyone at the table was surprised to hear that, since they thought the same way you do. Obviously it's second hand information, but I thought I'd add it here.

[/ QUOTE ]

That may be true, but I'd want more than a single dealer's opinion to think Phil Ivey was like that. ...From everything we've seen and heard, no one has a bad thing to say about Ivey. So a few random comments from ppl with less reputable backgrounds is not very solid.

Secondly, even IF they had substantiated claims that Ivey was a jerk in any way, it could also have been a single instance and nothin more than that. EVERY player alive has had ONE bad day where they are pissed and say/do something dumb.

Either way, I love Ivey's game and table presence. He's awesome.
-TheMan
Old 03-17-2007, 11:13 PM

Both times on PAD so far Ivey has been smiling at and joking/flirting with the dealers more than any other player. I get the impression that he is nicer to them than most players in real life.