Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-15-2007, 02:38 PM

Default Update - 3/15/07

So my boss talked to the GM on Tuesday and supposedly set him straight about the situation. My boss spoke with the Wage and Hour Consultant for the PGA of America, who confirmed that the GM had infact broken the law by timing me out and denying me pay for "hours worked."

I contacted the US Dept. of Labor and the rep there confirmed that the GM had broken the law and that they would be more than happy to make a phone call or field an official complaint from me to help remedy the GM.

I wrote up an incident report describing the situation and requested it be put in my personnel file and gave one to my direct boss. I also mailed one out to each of the nine board members to keep them in the know.

Needless to say, the GM is pissed at me. Whatever...
Old 03-15-2007, 02:41 PM

Default Re: Update - 3/15/07

[ QUOTE ]
So my boss talked to the GM on Tuesday and supposedly set him straight about the situation. My boss spoke with the Wage and Hour Consultant for the PGA of America, who confirmed that the GM had infact broken the law by timing me out and denying me pay for "hours worked."

I contacted the US Dept. of Labor and the rep there confirmed that the GM had broken the law and that they would be more than happy to make a phone call or field an official complaint from me to help remedy the GM.

I wrote up an incident report describing the situation and requested it be put in my personnel file and gave one to my direct boss. I also mailed one out to each of the nine board members to keep them in the know.

[/ QUOTE ]

....nit?

Ray
Old 03-15-2007, 02:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow, you went waaaaay too far. I was all good after "boss talked to GM and set him straight." I read that as "GM understands that he can't do what he did." I would just leave it at that. If it happens again, then maybe do the whole "get him in trouble with the board and government". Sheesh.
Old 03-15-2007, 02:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow, you went waaaaay too far. I was all good after "boss talked to GM and set him straight." I read that as "GM understands that he can't do what he did." I would just leave it at that. If it happens again, then maybe do the whole "get him in trouble with the board and government". Sheesh.

[/ QUOTE ]

No offense, but you don't know this guy. This is one of many, many ridiculous things he's done while in charge here. I know I didn't state that in the OP, but it was already long. I would be willing to bet nothing even close to this has ever happened to you. Like I said, no offense, but you really don't know the situation well enough to make that kind of comment.
Old 03-15-2007, 02:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Old 03-15-2007, 02:57 PM

Default Re: Boss punched my timecard out, WTF?

[ QUOTE ]
I have a fairly unique situation in which I get paid which is fairly common in my industry.

[/ QUOTE ]
what

the

eff?

fyi:going over your bosses head is a no-no. respect the chain of command.
Old 03-15-2007, 03:06 PM

Default Re: Boss punched my timecard out, WTF?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I have a fairly unique situation in which I get paid which is fairly common in my industry.

[/ QUOTE ]
what

the

eff?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm guessing he meant his situation is "unique" compared to other professions, but it is "standard" within his own profession.

"Unique" was the wrong word to use, though. "Atypical" or "unconventional" would have been a better way to describe his work arrangement.
Old 03-15-2007, 03:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

No offense, but you don't know this guy. This is one of many, many ridiculous things he's done while in charge here. I know I didn't state that in the OP, but it was already long. I would be willing to bet nothing even close to this has ever happened to you. Like I said, no offense, but you really don't know the situation well enough to make that kind of comment.

[/ QUOTE ]

It seems to me that the GM is a jerk-off who pissed you off with his dismissive attitude towards you when you originally complained to him. You did a good job at showing him he was wrong, and calling him out for his behaviour.

Of course, a guy like this will eventually find a way to get back at you...so be prepared for the fact that he will eventually decide to take revenge.