Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-07-2007, 09:53 AM

Default Re: Durrr WORKING Sbrugby right now on FTP

[ QUOTE ]
Hand of the day shows how powerful draws can be in omaha. With no flush draw present I was 52.5% favorite on the turn with top set against a complete wrap. I was suprised to find out how close in equity these two hands are. I kinda knew that wraps were really powerful but I would not have expected top set to be a coinflip on the turn to a wrap. One thing that is very diferent in omaha vs holdem is the equity of draws downs't change much on the turn vs. the flop as it does in no limit holdem.

[/ QUOTE ]

WOW. Just read this from sb's blog.

It may sound nitty, but I am amazed that a player playing this high against the best in the world does not know intimately and exactly the relative strengths of big draws v made hands on flop and turn.
Old 03-07-2007, 11:39 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Hand of the day shows how powerful draws can be in omaha. With no flush draw present I was 52.5% favorite on the turn with top set against a complete wrap. I was suprised to find out how close in equity these two hands are. I kinda knew that wraps were really powerful but I would not have expected top set to be a coinflip on the turn to a wrap. One thing that is very diferent in omaha vs holdem is the equity of draws downs't change much on the turn vs. the flop as it does in no limit holdem.

[/ QUOTE ]

It may sound nitty, but I am amazed that a player playing this high against the best in the world does not know intimately and exactly the relative strengths of big draws v made hands on flop and turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

I concur...
Old 03-07-2007, 02:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Pffft, he's not playing the cards, he's playing the players, like Jamie Gold!
Old 03-07-2007, 02:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm pretty sure he thought it was more like 60/40, not 52.5/47.5, and if he didn't have the blocker, it would have been a pure 50/50 flip