Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > High Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-10-2007, 02:49 AM

Default Re: I\'ve lost the desire to play poker

You don't have to play super high to make more money than you could at a 9-5. I play for a living but I'd never ever play $10-$20nl because $2000 is way to much to risk on a hand of poker for me no matter what my bankroll says. Alot of people could play the $50NL and master it and make more than just about anybody with a 9-5.
Old 03-11-2007, 03:28 AM

[ QUOTE ]
You don't have to play super high to make more money than you could at a 9-5. I play for a living but I'd never ever play $10-$20nl because $2000 is way to much to risk on a hand of poker for me no matter what my bankroll says. Alot of people could play the $50NL and master it and make more than just about anybody with a 9-5.

[/ QUOTE ]

Grinding 50nl online is deff. worse than any 9-5 lol, if you have the roll for 10-20 obv play 10-20 haha
Old 03-11-2007, 04:23 AM

im tired of all u hsnl pros saying ur feeling unfulfilled by poker, goddamn it what about the small timers that suck, like me. and 4 u guys the game is ez, wtf
Old 03-11-2007, 05:37 AM

Freedom from schedules and bosses would make $50nl > 9-5 job.
Old 03-11-2007, 01:24 PM

all the big winners in HSNL are very intelligent people. I think the main issue with you guys is that you feel unfullfilled and would rather do something to help society/people etc.
Old 03-11-2007, 01:47 PM

i'm only a 400nl player and i'm a 'pro' in regards to that's all i do for money and i f'in love it

For about the past year (when i started 400nl) I've played about 5 months total and traveled places 7 months and as I said I f'in love it.

[brag] places include New Zealand, Singapore, Malaysia, Thailand, Laos, Cambodia, China, Russia, Sweden, LA, Vegas (I don't live in America), South Africa, Zambia, Botswana, and Tanzania. I've got another 2 month trip lined up in South America. It's been off the hizzle. /brag

How come more fresh college-grad poker players don't do this?

My avatar is me sun tanning in Vladivostok [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 03-11-2007, 04:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
im tired of all u hsnl pros saying ur feeling unfulfilled by poker, goddamn it what about the small timers that suck, like me. and 4 u guys the game is ez, wtf

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm sure for all the good players they just woke up one day and were automatically good players.

I don't think a lot of low limit guys realize how much time/effort a lot of players have put into their game over the years. being a winning 10/20+ player doesn't happen overnight.
Old 03-11-2007, 05:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Poker is more of an escape for me than anything else. I like being able to step into a little bubble where all I have to worry about is cards. When things arent going right in my life, I like to get away to the poker tables. I dont play if I dont feel like playing, and so I go through week or two stretches where I dont play, but poker is a very important self reflection/escape tool for me.

-Jason

[/ QUOTE ]

This sounds kinda like a TV ad for FT or something.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thought the same exact thing. "We play at FullTilt poker."
http://youtube.com/watch?v=rRt0snWAP1A
Old 03-11-2007, 11:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm sure for all the good players they just woke up one day and were automatically good players.

I don't think a lot of low limit guys realize how much time/effort a lot of players have put into their game over the years. being a winning 10/20+ player doesn't happen overnight.

[/ QUOTE ]
QFT
Old 03-12-2007, 12:06 AM

im glad this thread is here.. because this weekend while i was playing I had a huge realization.

hey, I am 22 years old, I put in a lot of hours sitting at a table to play a game that started as fun and has become less and less so every session regardless of how i run. I make a hell of a lot of money, but ive gotten to the point where I am thinking "i can't get back the time i spend sitting on my ass trading money around with these people".

it's a very encompassing game if you play it for a living, and even though i wont make as much doing something else, I'll feel happy doing it. If that ever gets like poker is now.. i'll change it and do something different. maybe others dont feel that way.. and obv everybody is different.

you only get one life, and its a short one at that.. i think you all should try to seriously think about th etime you're spending on this game, because you really cant get the time back.