Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-06-2006, 12:52 AM

Default Re: RAP FANS

Supernatural
Old 01-06-2006, 03:47 AM

FWIW, I just got back from a friends house and he has the Smack DVD with Eminem on the cover, and it has a Jae Millz battle on it that is IMO the best freestyle battle of all time.

Seriously... If I can find it on the internet I'll link you.

I almost threw up when he said... just wait. [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]
Old 01-06-2006, 04:31 AM

Not this argument again.. Ugh, all of those battles on the Smack DVDs are WRITTEN. The only person, to my knowledge, who freestyles on there is Jin. And he comes with a lot of prewrittens.

If you'd like a freestyle battle, watch Scribble Jam. Oh, and those guys on Smack SUCK. You're hilarious when you say "Oh, and I hate guns, violence and drugs, they don't appeal to me" and then talk about your love for Smack.

All the Smack battles are is, "I sell more crack than you" and "My gun shoots bigger bullets than yours" lines.
Old 01-06-2006, 04:43 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
A Tribe Called Quest is the greatest rap group of all time. no question.

If not tribe, give me Nas (Illmatic style)

[/ QUOTE ]

The problem is that Nas put out shi*ty album after [censored]*y album after Illmatic. You can't just give a guy credit for his one legendary album and ignore a decade of incoherent songs in which all he does is put together terrible self-aggrandizing nonsense with the occasional strained attempt at social commentary. Once Nas decided he was a prophet and that his music would be about him more than about the streets (with himself as the vehicle to talk about it) he sucked.
In the last decade, I think Nas has put out maybe 5 good songs. Also, I'll take Reasonable Doubt over Illmatic any day (but it's very close). And if you don't agree with that I'll take Reasonable Doubt and either the Blueprint or the Black Album over Illmatic and whatever piece-of-crap album you think is Nas' second-best

[/ QUOTE ]

Yea, I'll give you that most of Nas' newer stuff is not that great. (Compared to Illmatic its pretty much garbage)

But I have yet to hear any album as good as Illmatic. (Midnight Marauders and The Low End Theory by Tribe come close. And I can't believe nobody else is giving tribe the props they deserve.)

I havent listened to enough Jay-Z to know for sure where he stands, but any guy who teams up with Linkin Park on an album gets thumbs down from me. I mean, come on.
Old 01-06-2006, 05:50 AM

IMO my favorite freestyler is Locksmith that came in 2nd on those MTV battles awhile back. (he got cheated)

Here is somethin from the wakeup show that he did. It may be prewritten it may not but he is sick as [censored].

Wake Up Show Freestyle The rapping starts at about 2:20.
Old 01-06-2006, 06:03 AM

Locksmith sucks.
Old 01-06-2006, 06:05 AM

I usually respect your opinion, but you are wrong. DL that track.
Old 01-06-2006, 06:15 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I usually respect your opinion, but you are wrong. DL that track.

[/ QUOTE ]

I did. His verse is very mediocre. I can write ish like that all the time. Okwerdz, who is from the same area, FREESTYLES stuff like this. Completely off the type, he freestyles the stuff in Locksmiths verse, honestly. Another cat from down in CA, TheSaurus, the best freestyler I've ever heard.

"It's Okwerdz, the B2 bomber/ With X-Ray vision, Ican see through prom skirts/ It's the pizza parlor author monster, stalker and I got a [censored] rocket launcher/ I'm hotter, and better than you/ Give credit where credit is due, before I smash your ass into vegetable soup"

That's insane for a freestyle.

This Lock verse is not very good. His setups are mediocre. Bleh. It's just very basic to me and not goot.
Old 01-06-2006, 06:26 AM

Locksmiths verse is better than what you typed. I'd have to hear it to think otherwise.

Who is to say he didn't freestyle that? No one really knows.
Old 01-06-2006, 06:38 AM

Locksmith's is obviously written. Awk's is obviously freestyle to me. Locksmith's verse you posted SHOULD be better than the few bars I posted.