FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-20-2006, 06:17 PM

Default Re: 4-18-06

Tough loss guys!
Old 04-20-2006, 06:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

I am watching my first As game of the season this afternoon.

You guys play extremely good defense...

scrub

[/ QUOTE ]

The outfield defense is second to none. The infield D is OK. Chavez is not what he used to be, but is still pretty good. Crosby doesn't have much range. Ellis is a stud though. I'm sure the sabremetric dudes can jump on me for these ratings but it's my opinion from watching the A's play all the time.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ellis is one of the best all-around 2B in the game.
Old 04-20-2006, 06:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

scrub

[/ QUOTE ]

The outfield defense is second to none. The infield D is OK. Chavez is not what he used to be, but is still pretty good. Crosby doesn't have much range. Ellis is a stud though. I'm sure the sabremetric dudes can jump on me for these ratings but it's my opinion from watching the A's play all the time.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ellis is one of the best all-around 2B in the game.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is true, I watched alot of A's games last year via MLB Extra Innings, and he impressed me more and more throughout the season. Even though he has started off slow on offense this year, there are not many 2nd basemen I would take over him from an all around ballplayer standpoint.
Old 04-20-2006, 07:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

scrub

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

ellis was the best defensive 2B in the AL last year according to UZR. kotsay had a bad year for him, but UZR is a tool that works best with large samples, so its safe to say hes still above average. chavez was just as good last year as in 04, and swisher appeares to be a stud in the corner.

[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] the A's
Old 04-20-2006, 07:32 PM

/hijak/

...Eating dinner at the SW Steakhouse at the Wynn yesterday and who walks in but my favorite Oakland A/Baseball player of all time....Mark McGwire

Still in fantastic shape, little slim down (no roids?)

One of the few celebs I have seen I actually wanted to aproach but think people who do that [censored] are gay

/end hijack/
Old 04-20-2006, 07:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

scrub

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

ellis was the best defensive 2B in the AL last year according to UZR. kotsay had a bad year for him, but UZR is a tool that works best with large samples, so its safe to say hes still above average. chavez was just as good last year as in 04, and swisher appeares to be a stud in the corner.

[/ QUOTE ]

WTF Mike?

The As would totally be my adopted West Coast team if they weren't wild card competition, but instead I'm stuck with the lameass Giants.

Now you're giving hearts and comfort to the enemy?

scrub
Old 04-20-2006, 11:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

scrub

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

WTF Mike?

The As would totally be my adopted West Coast team if they weren't wild card competition, but instead I'm stuck with the lameass Giants.

scrub

[/ QUOTE ]

its the kind of love that you can easily forget about when it matters.
Old 04-21-2006, 12:18 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

scrub

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

WTF Mike?

scrub

[/ QUOTE ]

its the kind of love that you can easily forget about when it matters.

[/ QUOTE ]

I tried to come up with a good Valtrex joke here for about 5 minutes, but I'm just not on tonight.

scrub
Old 04-21-2006, 02:02 AM

I haven't paid attention to the last couple of games and maybe Street was overworked, but why didn't he close the game tonight? Instead they brought in Duchscherer and there goes the game...
Old 04-21-2006, 04:39 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I haven't paid attention to the last couple of games and maybe Street was overworked, but why didn't he close the game tonight? Instead they brought in Duchscherer and there goes the game...

[/ QUOTE ]

I missed the end of the game because MLBTV somehow didn't decide that me living in San Francisco was a blackout problem until the top of the 8th.

scrub