Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-12-2007, 03:40 PM

Default Re: First date etiquette

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Lol @ initial dating etiquette: arn't u glad ur married? [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

-Al

[/ QUOTE ]

My oldest daughter is 13 and I use this forum to keep tabs on how the ballas try to seduce women. I have just added "Always offer to pay your share on the first date and if the idiot accepts, then no 2nd date" to the list.

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

I don't know. I think she'll miss out on some good guys if she follows this advice. If she offers to help and I accept her help, that should have no influence on whether or not she goes out with the dude again.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't need a freeloading son-in-law. I want to enjoy my retirement. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 01-12-2007, 04:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
She may have saved herself this headache

[/ QUOTE ]

Jewish Dating Network FTW!
Old 01-12-2007, 06:41 PM

First girl I dated we split the bill all the time. Of course, her parents made five times as much money as mine and we were in high school...
Old 01-12-2007, 07:35 PM

She's traditional = guy's paying no matter what. In her mind, it's a criteria of being a man and it makes her feel special and wanted. It doesn't matter if she's a billionaire and you're a small stakes grinder. You just gotta pay on the first date, unless she gets really really angry about you paying and making her feel less equal but I doubt this is the problem w/ many women.

If you can't afford to pay for her dinner (or at whatever place you take her out to), maybe she isn't for you.

And if you don't want to pay for her dinner (or at whatever place you take her out to), don't be so cheap.
Old 01-12-2007, 07:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I wouldnt be pissed. I always offer to pay. But usually someone tells me not to worry about it. And then I say ok, but next time I got it. Or I'll buy you a drink at the next spot etc... But I would never be pissed. Unless, he asked me out and brings me to UBER fancy restaurant suggest I eat like a $40 steak even though I was going w/ something cheaper and then he asked for my share and squabbled over me drinking more wine than him. If that happened, I'd be like peace out

[/ QUOTE ]
Wait, wait... This depends ENTIRELY on whether you're Amelie or not...