Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Gambling > Sports Betting
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-14-2007, 10:09 PM

Default Re: Playoff Bets? Post them here.

I agree. As lucky as the McCree fumble was, it's not a slam dunk they would've covered had it not happened. Losing the game outright in regulation with an 8 pt lead at that point requires coming up small on both sides of the ball when it matters most.
Old 01-14-2007, 10:12 PM

Well, NE turned it over twice on a Brady fumble and INT, and not only got ball back on same play *both* times, they also got positive ydg both times [I will bet you 99-1 you've never seen that in an NFL playoff game]. That's luck. Fumbles bouncing their way is luck. Parker making a bonehead play is luck - not skill by NE on his muffed punt. Maroney's fumble not hurting them is luck.
Brady outplayed Rivers down the stretch and that was that.
Old 01-15-2007, 12:16 AM

Yeah, I know the Patriots got a lot of luck to beat the Chargers, but why did they need all that luck? Because the Chargers are really really good. Much better than the Ravens or Colts. I think the Colts actually played worse this week than the Patriots did; it's just that the Ravens did nothing at all on the offensive side of the ball, so they still cruised to a 9 point victory.
Old 01-15-2007, 11:46 AM

Anyone that keeps really good records know the answer to this question:

What do the recent playoff trends look like for the underdogs. I think going into this year the Divisional playoffs the home team (and probable favorite) was 28-4 over last 8 years?

It seems that the league has changed quite a bit with an increasing amount of parity per year. How many favorites have covered in the playoff the past two years?

I took a underdog teaser this past weekend at 3/1, and I think someone posted that they took a 4 team dog parlay.
Old 01-15-2007, 04:25 PM

why is the charger/pats result that surprising? for everything the chargers had going for them ( definetly the offensive mvp and arguably the defensive mvp, home field, etc) the line was not as large as the bears game. why? The patriots have won 3 out of 5 super bowls. thats unbelievable there is alot to be said of knowing how to win. i also think that some people put too much faith in rivers. he didnt blow the game, but the rookie certainly didnt win it like brady did. Are the chargers the better team this year? sure. if they played the game a 100 times would the chargers win more then 51 times? i think so. but that is why teases are so important.
this game reminds me of the dallas vs indy game this year. there were a ton of posts on the game. i still feel indy was the better team and should have won and it cost me basically my gambling roll. but [censored] happens. i feel that the chargers are a tremendous team but people mention luck. Luck is the result of veteran teams vs young teams. take the saints game. yes, they won. but who the [censored] calls a pitch when all u have to do is run the clock out. reggie fumbles and gave my eagles life. rookie coach call. the one play that springs to mind is the pick by the charger, who instead of falling to the ground tried to gain an extra 5 yards in traffic. thats not somehting the pats would do. and how can you not be impressed with the final drives brady put together. if the chargers were so awesome why was the line not -9.5 like the bears?
Old 01-15-2007, 06:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Brag: I am 8-0 picking their games this year

[/ QUOTE ]

Holla. I do feel like I should be mailing a check to McCree & Florence though.
Old 01-21-2007, 02:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
After going 6-2, I think it would be downright rude to sit and protect my lucky score, so I'll give the Numbers God a chance to regress me to the mean.

Colts @ Ravens

Lots of small interesting points for this one, not least that I think that it means more to the town of Baltimore than people let on. History is a funny thing.
However I'm still of the opinion that the Colts are fighting fit and that the Ravens have had a less than difficult season (Even playing the Chargers "at the right time").
I also think that although the Colts are going to struggle offensively, they'll find enough big plays to win the game somehow.

Colts 17 - 14 Ravens (Colts+4 Under 41.5)

Eagles @ Saints

What should be a simple one for me, I've gone against the Eagles many times, and the Saints unders have been a staple of my season.
I don't think that the atmosphere can be underestimated today, the last time I used this for a Saints game was the Falcons massacre in their first home game. I think today will approach (although obviously not surpass) those levels.

Eagles 10 - Saints 35 (Saints -5.5 under 48.5)

Seahawks @ Bears

I think the Seahawks are just straight value for this. They've had an injury riddled season and yet they're still here. Even last week they had key defensive injuries and got the job done. This week they're better off.
Of course the Bears have been the team of the season, and if Rex decides not to play the hero, they should be able to get this one done. I don't think they'll be looking for, or get, any style points though.

Seahawks 24 - Bears 28 (Seattle +9.5 (Best bet buying half point to +10) Over 37)

Pats @ Chargers

So so so annoying. I can't predict a Pats game and even though I know part of the problem is that I underrate them, that's not all, I simply don't seem to understand them.
I'm always up for a challenge though so I'll take a shot.
Both teams are fashionable this year, so I think I'll take the unders. As to who will win, I'm going to fade my instincts and say that the Pats will cover, but not win.

Patriots 21 - 24 Chargers (Pats +5, Under 46.5)

Lori

[/ QUOTE ]

Up to 12-4 for the playoffs, if only I was always this lucky (Went 0-12 in other bets last night)

Lori

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, I'm safe at 12-4 so I can carry on guessing. I'm pretty happy with how it's gone so far and am sure the wheels will come off, but oh well here goes.

New Orleans @ Chicago

So many factors in this one but I've decided that I've seen too many 'dream' type events happen in sports over the years and that it's wrong to underestimate the power of "Doing it for...."

I've already used this reasoning twice in home games for the Saints, but I think that this week we can use it on the road.

Given that there's the chance that Grossman will crack under the pressure if this one is tight, I'm going to go with it being tight, with a late Saints win.

Saints 28 - 27 Bears (Saints +2.5 and OVER (First time in weeks) 43)

New England @ Indianapolis.

The spread on the use of the word "Clutch" by the commentary team is probably set around 13-15 times, and I fancy the overs on that. However there is no doubt that one of these teams is good at getting it done, and the other is not.
Last year's Colts disaster will be the decider here and it could motivate them not to do it again , or it could play on their minds. Meanwhile, the Patriots just seem to find ways to win.

Going for both dogs to win outright this week.

Patriots 20-17 Colts (Overtime) (Pats +3.5, Under 47 (best bet))

Lori
Old 01-21-2007, 02:38 PM

I'm Parlaying the Colts +3.5 and the Saints Moneyline
Old 01-21-2007, 03:07 PM

colts-165
bears-130
saints u21-105
no/bears u43.5
pats u22.5

so far.
Old 01-21-2007, 04:01 PM

Teaser with the pats +9 and NO +8 (+100)
Pats +4 (-110)
Colts/Pats total (Under 47.5) (-105)