Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-04-2007, 05:15 PM

Default Re: Ivey vs. Corey Pavin golf bet

All,

Let's try to remember that I was one of the first people to say that Nick Rainey was hustling everyone with his tennis bet. I have stinkypete and JTrout on my side.

I know what I'm talking about. Most of you suck at prop betting
Old 01-04-2007, 05:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
3. His best chance is if Pavin is a choker when playing for his own money vs prize money.

[/ QUOTE ]

which is nil. not only is pavin NOT a choker, but he's one of the most clutch putters I've ever seen.
Old 01-04-2007, 05:22 PM

Also, why is everyone so hung up on this "if Ivey's a good putter...." crap? With 3 STRAIGHT PUTTS FROM THE SAME EXACT SPOT I could put the poster child for cerebral palsy out there and he would rarely have more than 30 putts in a round.
Old 01-04-2007, 05:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Let's try to remember that I was one of the first people to say that Nick Rainey was hustling everyone with his tennis bet. I have stinkypete and JTrout on my side.

[/ QUOTE ]

No one had played a tennis game like that however.

A lot of the people in this thread who are chiming in have played golf for their entire life.

Am I saying I absolutely know what I am talking about? hell no - I have never made a bet like this.

But your first post in this thread where you said that anyone under a 30 handicap was $$ is totally wrong.
Old 01-04-2007, 05:24 PM

Given the rules that were posted, no.

Old 01-04-2007, 05:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Given the rules that were posted, no.

[/ QUOTE ]

Of the tennis game? huh? Vasoline? lol ahaha what are you trying to say?
Old 01-04-2007, 05:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
A lot of the people in this thread who are chiming in have played golf for their entire life.

[/ QUOTE ]

a lot of those people don't understand how easy TPC at summerlin (and most other courses for that matter) plays from the forward tees. many also have little to no experience with scrambles.
Old 01-04-2007, 05:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
but the general premise that guys like PI do not enter into the terrible bets that you think they do still holds. Basically, if a solid pro gambler enters into a bet and you think it's ridiculously against him - think again.

[/ QUOTE ]

Phil Ivey is known to play craps for pretty high stakes. Those bets are always against him [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]

While he might be better at golf than we think, don't discount the action he's seeking by playing a Tour professional for $10k/hole.

These guys don't even get enough action at $4,000/$8,000 hold em and they need prop bets on what suit the flop will be?????

[/ QUOTE ]

It is clear Ivey doesnt mind taking the worst of it from time to time.

Also in my original posts in this thread I missed they are playing 10K a hole. That changes a lot if Ivey is playing from the reds as some holes are going to play drastically different depending on which tee you hit from. The layout of the course becomes important.

I also misintrepted how short this course is from the reds. I think most 10 handicaps could break par. A 15 handicap would have a tougher time. Again a lot of this depends on the layout of the course again. And of course unless the person has a registered USGA handicap whatever their opinion of their handicap is doesnt mean [censored].

I don't know if anyone has brought this up yet but this is the course Ivey plays everyday right? I used to live on a golf course during my teenage years and would play the same track everyday...It is much easier.

I am starting to lean towards Ivey actually winning this if he is actually a 10-15

[/ QUOTE ]

If you think a 10 handicapper could break par on ANY course you know NOTHING about golf.
Old 01-04-2007, 05:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

a lot of those people don't understand how easy TPC at summerlin (and most other courses for that matter) plays from the forward tees. many also have little to no experience with scrambles.

[/ QUOTE ]
exactly. people have played golf before. just like they had played tennis before. that makes them bigger MARKS not bigger experts. have they played from the forward tees? have they played scrambles like this? have they played them on courses they play every day? have they played them on this course? exactly... they are marks.
Old 01-04-2007, 05:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Vasoline? lol ahaha what are you trying to say?

[/ QUOTE ]

This is why most of you suck at prop betting.