Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-04-2007, 04:17 AM

Default Re: \"Official\" Poker After Dark thread (week of 1/2)

Zolotow is pissing me off with how big a pussy he is...

After Phil blew up he wanted Gus to vouche for him that he was trying to get the table to quiet down. As if Phil is gonna kill those who were talking and possibly spare him if he finds out about this piece of info. He is generally annoying.

Sheik is a giant D-bag.

Annie is a whiner "When is our break!?" in a screechy voice. UGH.

Gus and Huck impressed (or maybe just surprised me) the most, although Huck has been hitting tons of flops.

I like this show, my biggest gripe and almost makes me want to turn it off is the bricks. What the hell is the point of those.
Old 01-04-2007, 04:29 AM

Gus and Huck are definitely impressive.

I'm going to miss Phil, tonight's blow up was fantastic.
Old 01-04-2007, 04:45 AM

Sheiky "What if he (Phil) came over and punched me?"

Huck "It's not likely."

Sheiky "Not likely?"

Huck "More likely on TV than not on TV though."

Brilliant.
Old 01-04-2007, 05:15 AM

They're both idiots. Sheik was definitely the instigator, but Phil didn't make things any better with his actions.

When he was bitching about players talking during his action, he was louder than everybody else. He talks about his "reading abilities" as if they're some sort of voodoo magic techniques.
Old 01-04-2007, 05:53 AM

I felt bad for Phil.

People should damn well shut up when he's got a decision for his stack. The tournament organizer did nothing except laugh at him, which is rather odd to say the least.

I also thought it was kind of sad how the rest of the table were acting like school aged bullies ganging up on him. I teach high school and I felt like I was back there from the holidays.

Ryan
Old 01-04-2007, 06:12 AM

LMFAO shieky, for some reason I liked him tonite..
Old 01-04-2007, 06:33 AM

Location: always C/Ring with 3 outs and usually getting there

Lost in the drama of tonight's episode is the amazing read that Phil made...He was setting Annie up for that play, but was able to see through her soul this time and saw her pocket kings. Stuff like this is what makes him such a legendary player.
Old 01-04-2007, 07:10 AM

Haha, it's funny how Phil always manages to say things in a way that reminds everyone else how great he is. Any normal person would have told the table to quit being a distraction so he could "focus" or "read the situation" or something similar, but Phil says to shut up so "I can use my reading abilities". I cracked up every time he said "reading abilities", not because Phil isn't a good reader, but it was just such a Phil-like thing to say... who the hell else would say that? If you just take a step back and look at Phil's personality, you realize how goofy and ridiculous he really is. I didn't dig it at first, but now I find him unintentionally hilarious
Old 01-04-2007, 07:40 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Phil says to shut up so "I can use my reading abilities". I cracked up every time he said "reading abilities", not because Phil isn't a good reader, but it was just such a Phil-like thing to say... who the hell else would say that? If you just take a step back and look at Phil's personality, you realize how goofy and ridiculous he really is. I didn't dig it at first, but now I find him unintentionally hilarious

[/ QUOTE ]

Not to get Freudian or anything but Hellmuth is a textbook case of a typical, massively insecure person who so happens to exhibit a talent or ability in a particular field. Their almost constant self-aggrandization is meant to internally compensate for their abject lack of self-confidence. This behavior is nothing more than a pathetic self-reassurance mechanism for a very specific and highly undesirable personality disorder.
Over the years, this constant braggadocio becomes so commonplace in their daily life that they do it without even realizing they're doing it, but it's painfully apparent to everyone else around them who has to endure it.
Often times, this very failure of personality is what drives them to achieve- sometimes, with spectacular success if they possess the right skill-sets (as is the case with Hellmuth).

Sadly, whatever successes they're able to achieve in their chosen field of pursuit is negated by their total failure as a human being.
Old 01-04-2007, 09:22 AM

Where does this rank on the Hellmuth Tantrum Scale, with 10 being the "This guy can't even spell poker" rant? I give it at least a solid 9.