Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-14-2006, 05:08 AM

Default Re: Bad commercials enfuriate me. wtf.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Here's what infuriates me.

The current new tactic of networks, in retaliation to fast forwarding Tivo/DVR users, is to show a advertisement for the show that is currently playing during a commercial break, so you believe that the show is back on, when in fact there are more ads to come. Jesus, that's a run on sentence worthy of Jerry Springer's final thoughts.

[/ QUOTE ]

In the spirit of other things about commercials that bug me, I really don't like when a station puts their call letters in a corner of the screen over and over, or just for many minutes on end. TBS does this all the time, for instance. Worse is when they have ads actively running while a show is on, especially if they're big enough that they actually taking away from your ability to see the program.

It can be very distracting to see some idiot sitcom star mugging and dorking it up, bouncing all over the place, when you're watching something suspenseful or more serious. The commercial really takes over.

[/ QUOTE ]

There was a simpsons a long time ago where this happened with an ad for "joe millionaire" and as it was scrolling accross the bottome, homer picked it up and ate it. He then spit out and moaning,"Ewwww! Fox!"

Was pretty funny.

In general i think all comercials should star Peyton Manning, all his are awesome, especially the ESPN ones with him, his brother and his dad
Old 12-14-2006, 05:42 AM

THAT GODAMN OLD MAN IN THE SIX FLAGS COMMERCIALS

STOP DANCING U OLD BASTARD KEEL OVER AND DIE ALREADY
Old 12-14-2006, 06:00 AM

I hate commercials that make no sense logically at all.

The recent one that annoys me the most is that financial(I think?) commercial of that guy who built wings and was trying to fly. He jumps off the bridge and starts floating through the air, and then that old dude says "But he can't swim"

OMG WTF?!?!?!

The only reason he would be flying over the water is to protect himself if he crashed!

Why the [censored] would he test this thing over water if he can't [censored] swim. He might as well test it out over an active volcano or something.

blaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
Old 12-14-2006, 07:05 AM

I hate it when these [censored] chain restaurant companies buy up songs I really like and rewrite the words to sell their crap.

The latest one that really gets to me is the Outback commercial which uses rewritten lyrics to Of Montreal's "Wraith Pinned to the Mist and Other Games". A part of me dies inside every time I hear it.
Old 12-14-2006, 07:52 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Arby's seems to be the one fast food place without ever having a decent ad campaign. All the others have at least had thei moments, but Arby's has the dullest commercials around. What's their best one - that stupid oven mit?

[/ QUOTE ]

5 4 5

5 roast beef sandwiches!!!
Old 12-14-2006, 02:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Oh man, that McDonald's "hor d'oeuvres" commercial KILLS me. When was the last time ANYONE had some skinny chicks over that wanted to eat QPC while watching the game, as "hor d'oeuvres"?

[/ QUOTE ]

You obviously don't get it. "It's gametime, baby!"
Old 12-14-2006, 03:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
The commercials for a credit card with that weird guy with the Russian accent makes my teeth grind.

Also the commercial for hdtv with Jessica Simpson. I love the a**slap but once she starts talking, it goes downhill in a hurry.

[/ QUOTE ]

VEEEKTOR pushing Citibanks REWARDS CREDIT CARD! First time I saw that I was like "wha???" But now that I think about it, it is excellent marketing, I know the company name, what they are pushing, how easy it is to earn "points". The trifecta of what they are going for.

It took me about 6 viewings before I realized he was saying "Rewarding" at the end. Guess that was their hook?

And I agree about the Jessica Simpson commercial. Gasp. Could she talk quicker, annunciate more poorly, and twitch her head any more? Michael J. Fox thinks she's shaking too much. "Ihavenoideawhatthatisbutiwanit" [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]
I, OTOH, repress the memory of the company name and didn't know wtf he was saying at the end of the commercials till you said it. Now I'm angry at the myself for not getting it and angry at the company for making it so damn hard to understand. F Citibank.
Old 12-14-2006, 03:52 PM

Went to school in Buffalo, and anyone from the area knows the Fuccillo Chevrolet Commercials.. ITS HUUUUGGGGEEEEE!

Those are pretty bad commercials... Or the guy holding up a Manicans arm and leg telling you you woulnt have to pay an arm and a leg for jewelry...

Not sure if that is a Long Island commercial or Buffalo... forgot
Old 12-20-2006, 01:31 PM

Anyone happen to catch the new radio commercial with System Of A Down ordering from the drive-thru or getting coffee?

holy crap it was funny

i'd love to describe it, but radio doesn't translate well...
Old 12-20-2006, 01:50 PM

Every single home depot commercial.

They have some stupid guy who wants to buy a grill or tools or something and is in home depot like a kid in a toy store. Then the wife comes in and scoffs at them and makes them fix their kitchen or whatever.

Basically, what they are saying is every guy is a retarded monkey who without their wife nagging them to fix stuff and spend their money would jump off a building or something.