Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > STT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-01-2006, 07:33 PM

Default Re: New Official Gigabet Crap thread.

dogger: personal attacks aside, i believe that all of this ridiculousness is completely called for. you can't believe everything you hear, and it's not being "out of line" to disagree with somebody, even gigabet. asking an experienced player to believe that those kinds of streaks are possible at the 215s is like asking an atheist to believe in god.
Old 02-01-2006, 08:05 PM

it is fine to question, but to say someone is lying just because you "dont think" it is possilbe.

I would not believe someone who said they could make the final table in the 2003 and 2004 main event. But it happened.

And this is just one thread. How many times a day does someone post here asking for advice and are basically called a moron.

Dont like a post, fine then ignore it and dont reply. There are still a lot of quality people who post here and are willing to offer constructive advice or constructive criticism with out being a jerk about it.

There are many newbies like myself who come here for advice and are greatful when we find it, but we also know as soon as we post anything someone here will be flaming.
Old 02-01-2006, 08:08 PM

You are posting on the internet, sir. Don't try to bring reason and decent behavoir here!
Old 02-01-2006, 08:12 PM

dogger, in this case, how is it possible to "question" gigabet's statements, without at least implying that they might have been fabricated or untrue?
Old 02-01-2006, 08:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I was told by a well known WSOP bracelet winner and one of the top internet pros that Gigabet is the best S&G player on the planet. (Don't ask because I won't tell you who he is.)

You should be grateful that Gigabet is willing to share his poker knowlege with you.

[/ QUOTE ]

Scott Fischman. The article where he talks about how genius Gigabet is is public knowledge. I don't see the point of you not wanting to say who it is. It's not like you have the recipe to the Bush Family's baked beans recipe.

Flight_Risk.
Old 02-01-2006, 09:26 PM

Default Take that, Gigabet!

My first 15 $20s of the month:

5 1sts
2 2nds
1 3rd

53% ITM
100% ROI

SHIP IT!!
Old 02-01-2006, 09:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I was told by a well known WSOP bracelet winner and one of the top internet pros that Gigabet is the best S&G player on the planet. (Don't ask because I won't tell you who he is.)

You should be grateful that Gigabet is willing to share his poker knowlege with you.

[/ QUOTE ]

Scott Fischman. The article where he talks about how genius Gigabet is is public knowledge. I don't see the point of you not wanting to say who it is. It's not like you have the recipe to the Bush Family's baked beans recipe.

Flight_Risk.

[/ QUOTE ]
Trying to sound important. Get it.. he was "told". Not exactly lying, but its not like he called Fischman up on the phone.
Old 02-01-2006, 09:42 PM

How about a poll regarding players increasing their ROI with a few of Gigabet's concepts?
Last several games there's been a "SWEET" increase in mine. Along with a fresh perceptive outside the realm of card selection. It's to early to put much weight into the results but there's a renewed interest in the game for me. There's been an improved performance late in the game using a few of Gigabet's strategies. Especially after being more aware of player actions and stack size relative to my position.

[img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 02-01-2006, 09:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
it is fine to question, but to say someone is lying just because you "dont think" it is possilbe.

I would not believe someone who said they could make the final table in the 2003 and 2004 main event. But it happened.

[/ QUOTE ]

Without getting into the specifics of the discussion here, there's a difference between what Gigabet claimed and this fact about Harrington. It is very easy to verify if someone made it to the final table of WSOP twice in a row. It isn't easy at all to verify a person's ROI for long periods of time without him giving you all the relevant hardcore data about it.

So when someone, _anyone_, (not only Gigabet, it happened with others here and on other forums around 2+2) claims that he's having X ROI, or Y BB/H at some game, and the number looks extremely unlikely, this person is usuly flamed until they prove somehow that it was true, or admit that there was some mistake in their calculation, record-keeping, or whatever.

The whole idea of these forums is to be able to rely on the information you read. When you encounter what seems to be very unrealistic information, it is very important to go rather deeply into it, especially when it comes from a highly respected poker player, who posts here.

Personally I have all the respect for Gigabet as a poker player and a theoretician of the game, and even though I disagree with some of the things he writes around here, there's nothing particularly personal about not-believeing the ROI numbers he was talking about, until we are proven otherwise.
Old 02-01-2006, 09:58 PM

Default Re: Take that, Gigabet!

[ QUOTE ]
My first 15 $20s of the month:
5 1sts
2 2nds
1 3rd
53% ITM
100% ROI
SHIP IT!!

[/ QUOTE ]

Prove It [img]/images/graemlins/ooo.gif[/img]