Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-04-2006, 09:02 PM

Default Re: PartyPoker.com a possible why

from the card player article
"There is some speculation in the business industry that there may be more buyout bids on the way as well."
Old 10-04-2006, 09:25 PM

Default Re: PartyPoker.com Info

I think everyone's missing the point. Party Poker CANNOT keep offering real money games to US players. They are a publicly traded company in the UK and due to treaties between the US and UK would be openly breaking the law if they continued to do so. Public companies cannot break the law without swift consequences. It's not that [censored] hard to understand.

Your hate is completely misplaced. Party simply does NOT have a choice in the matter. I repeat, they DO NOT have a choice in the matter.

Someone like Stars on the other hand, does have a choice. I wonder if you'll be as angry at them as you are at Party, when they announce they're pulling out also.
Old 10-04-2006, 09:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think everyone's missing the point. Party Poker CANNOT keep offering real money games to US players. They are a publicly traded company in the UK and due to treaties between the US and UK would be openly breaking the law if they continued to do so. Public companies cannot break the law without swift consequences. It's not that [censored] hard to understand.

Your hate is completely misplaced. Party simply does NOT have a choice in the matter. I repeat, they DO NOT have a choice in the matter.

Someone like Stars on the other hand, does have a choice. I wonder if you'll be as angry at them as you are at Party, when they announce they're pulling out also.

[/ QUOTE ]

Phil, that is quite possibly the most intelligent and logical post that I have ever seen from you. Unfortunately it is not 100% correct. You are not 100% wrong, either, since there were many factors at play in this development.

Party, though, deserves their share of the blame. They did very little to publicly combat and discourage a threat to 70% of their revenue. How many gaming executives had to be arrested before someone from Party finally woke up?

Lots of issues contributed to this - player apathy and disorganization, politics, and lack of response from industry players. The 2+2 community can be blamed for the first of these issues, our [censored] up political system for the second, and Party and company for the third.
Old 10-04-2006, 09:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Party, though, deserves their share of the blame. They did very little to publicly combat and discourage a threat to 70% of their revenue. How many gaming executives had to be arrested before someone from Party finally woke up?

[/ QUOTE ]
I agree 100%. I don't know what they did and didn't do, but it looks like they mangled the pre-legislation side of things very badly.
Old 10-04-2006, 09:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think everyone's missing the point. Party Poker CANNOT keep offering real money games to US players.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wasnt it already illegal for them to offer real money games to US players?
Old 10-04-2006, 09:58 PM

It seems to me dickshit did very well selling shares and making Party public. The guy isn't an idiot and he probably knew this was comming. He got top dollars for a sinking ship.
Old 10-04-2006, 10:08 PM

Mike,

Will PartyBingo still be playable for US customers? And what's the over/under on you answering only this retarded question from this thread?
Old 10-04-2006, 10:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Mike,

Will PartyBingo still be playable for US customers? And what's the over/under on you answering only this retarded question from this thread?

[/ QUOTE ]

lol this is awesome.
Old 10-04-2006, 11:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
They are a publicly traded company in the UK and due to treaties between the US and UK would be openly breaking the law if they continued to do so. Public companies cannot break the law without swift consequences. It's not that [censored] hard to understand.

[/ QUOTE ]

however the law when signed will also violate said treaties and WTO agreements as well. So it is not as cut and dry as it may appear.
Old 10-05-2006, 05:00 PM

Interesting from the https://secure.partyaccount.com/faq/us_legislation.htm page

"I am a U.S. customer. Do I have to withdraw my PartyAccount balance or close my PartyAccount?"

No, you do not have to redeem your balance or close your PartyAccount. We anticipate we will have offerings in the future for which your PartyAccount will be the source through which you will fund your entertainment and gaming experience.

Hmmmm. Far be it for me to interpret what the heck our friends at Party are trying to say, but this statment sure would indicate that they plan to offer gaming to U.S. players at some point.

Initially it looked like they were hinting that we might be able to keep playing and withdrawing, but just not make any new deposits. No way to know what it'll look like since Party has issued contradictory statements like the most often quoted:

"PartyGaming will be indefinitely suspend real money gaming activities in the United States."

Probably they don't know for certain either what they're going to do, let alone coordinating their press releases, FAQs or clueing in Mike O'Malley. Personally I'm going to finish the SEP reload and then cash completely out of Party. It's not my problem to figure out what they're going to do, and short of staying to finish clearing bonus, all they've offered has been a stack of reasons for U.S. players to withdraw.

Mike, I know you can't respond to every little thing that gets posted here, but it sure would help if when you start a thread, you'd check back and at least make a clarifying post to the most common questions that your post raises. Apparently your "hit and run" approach is just spreading more confusion and building resentment instead of providing information or garnering good will. Take Lee Jones' or Truepoker CEO's examples, they manage to follow up lightly without letting themselves get drawn into a bunch of petty inuendo, and they generate good PR by doing some minimal level of follow up. Enjoy!