Old 09-08-2006, 03:50 AM

Default Re: College poll among HSNL\'ers

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
i'm a senior at dartmouth. i have a 3.6 but my major is psychology, though i do have a bunch of random hard as hell cs, econ, physics, and math classes on my transcript since i used to be an engineering major.

i'll probably making my obligatory "i make a bazillion dollars an hour playing poker but i have an ivy degree but i still have jack [censored] for a resume, wtf do i do next year" post pretty soon

[/ QUOTE ]

wtf who are you im a junior at dartmouth

[/ QUOTE ]

that's hilarious that we've been here 2 years together and never met.

[/ QUOTE ]

theres another guy that plays party 2/4 and has 1k+ posts on here. turns out we've been in the same frat for months

[/ QUOTE ]

AXA?

[/ QUOTE ]

yea. hes a dirty rush though so i cant wait to give him a hard time next month

[/ QUOTE ]

haha. did you ever play in those sig nu tourneys? i used to tear those up back in the day
Old 09-08-2006, 03:51 AM

[ QUOTE ]

haha. did you ever play in those sig nu tourneys? i used to tear those up back in the day

[/ QUOTE ]

ive never played at sig nu. i dont think ive been in sig nu since the early 80s party freshman spring haha. though i hear some sick stories of sig nu fish losing big online all the time

i played .5/1 nl with some other 08s. one of them actually dropped out to play pro recently
Old 09-08-2006, 03:56 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

ive never played at sig nu. i dont think ive been in sig nu since the early 80s party freshman spring haha. though i hear some sick stories of sig nu fish losing big online all the time

i played .5/1 nl with some other 08s. one of them actually dropped out to play pro recently

[/ QUOTE ]

you talking about schmidley? i got him to come back
Old 09-08-2006, 05:09 AM

if i got thru even a semester of school i probably wouldnt have dropped out. as far as the oh im so smart i dont need to study to get a b blah blah, u still have to go to class and do work. tcu isnt exactly known to be a tough school, but they require attendance, and if u dont go to class, you dont pass. if u dont read the material every night for the quiz every day, you dont pass. those 2 things combined require that you spend 30 hours or so a week actually attending class or studying/reading material. thus, we broke up. holla
Old 09-08-2006, 05:22 AM

[ QUOTE ]
jesus. were you trying to not pass? Failing college courses is harder than getting 100s in them. Esp. non-sci courses.

[/ QUOTE ]

i beg to differ

[img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 09-08-2006, 05:25 AM

I just started at college three weeks ago... U of Arizona is pretty sick, but i have allready thought about droping out. I havent met any 2+2'ers, except billivey at some retarded free tournament thing but i think he droped out.
Old 09-08-2006, 08:50 AM

[ QUOTE ]
jesus. were you trying to not pass? Failing college courses is harder than getting 100s in them. Esp. non-sci courses.

[/ QUOTE ]

this is not true of most engineering courses, especially higher level ones.
Old 09-08-2006, 08:56 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

i beg to differ

[img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

The disparency in the difficulty of college courses is amazing (ha, they have high variance). I'm a sophomore at Butler University and I seriously have had a handful of classes that I've missed as many times as the syllabus allowed and still got A's in them. However, I've had one or two that I put effort into, only to get a B+ or something. Bottomline is that like everything, it is teacher/situation/read dependant.
Old 09-08-2006, 09:33 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

azk, a lot of people say that but you guys don't understand. when you people say something like "i wasn't even trying and i got a B... which sucks" - you do the HW every night and go to class, you just mean you didn't study more than like 4 hours the day before the test. it's actually pretty easy to not pass classes if you don't go to class and/or don't do any of the work.

[/ QUOTE ]

Bruiser, I am currently attending the school that you went to and last semester I received an A in a class that I went to the lecture 4 times (including the 2 exams) and the discussion I went once a week for the last third of the semester. I did no homework and missed every single in class quiz but one. I also studied for the exams for <2 hours a piece. A lot of people really are not exaggerating, but I yeah I agree that a ton of people do. For smart kids tho, you don't gotta do [censored].

[/ QUOTE ]

okay unitbubble, so you did okay in a class at UMass Amherst (awesome school), in one class you are talking about... what class was it anyway, like jewish history? astrology? hurrah hurrah

[/ QUOTE ]

jhist. is a lot more involved than you think, i would hardly lump it into the category of astrology, psych, soc., english, etc.
Old 09-08-2006, 09:40 AM

[ QUOTE ]
gomberg you're an idiot. you're doing what everyone else is doing which is bragging about how smart you are and how little work you needed to do to get by in college.

[/ QUOTE ]

You misread my reply - I just said that school is like anything else, a game you need to figure out. Some people don't do it, so they have a tough time.

And yes, I am very smart and didn't do much work to do well in school. You're an idiot for not being able to figure it out (not that there's anything wrong with that [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] )