Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-18-2005, 12:42 PM

Default Re: How many 5 year-olds.....

"I say the majority of you are highly over-estimating how good you are at fighting. "

Fighting is like poker and sex. It's one of those things people always think they are great at. Also like poker, they like to worship high profile players/fighters as if they were gods (Doyle's diseas/Bruce Lee nutriding). (I'm not sure if that' relevant to sex. Except sex with Bruce Lee).
Old 01-18-2005, 12:42 PM

I think you underestimate the ease at which I can remove a child from my leg when I don't feel a need to not hurt them.
Old 01-18-2005, 12:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think you underestimate the ease at which I can remove a child from my leg when I don't feel a need to not hurt them.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sure, one kid is no problem. How about 5? 10? 15?

See what I mean?

I mean, come on Patrick, this isn't rocket science.

(I had to, sorry) [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 01-18-2005, 12:54 PM

I stand by my original estimate that I could take out an amount limited only by my own stamina and enough room to move around. Given the need, I can outrun a pack of 5-year-olds for quite a long time. I envision a strategy of keeping out of the pack and picking off the stragglers around the outside much like a group of lions or wolves working over a herd of prey. Do you know how easy it is to throw a kid to the ground just by grabbing his head and giving it the proper shove? It's even easier at speed. It wouldn't even slow me down. Another tactic would be to just bullrush the pack and just plow through the whole lot of them. If they're tall enough, my arms will be out clothesline style for maximum effectiveness. If not, my knees and overall mass will take out plenty. There is a peril with this strategy, though, and that is if you trip - you better get up quick.

It's not rocket science.
Old 01-18-2005, 12:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I stand by my original estimate that I could take out an amount limited only by my own stamina and enough room to move around. Given the need, I can outrun a pack of 5-year-olds for quite a long time. I envision a strategy of keeping out of the pack and picking off the stragglers around the outside much like a group of lions or wolves working over a herd of prey. Do you know how easy it is to throw a kid to the ground just by grabbing his head and giving it the proper shove? It's even easier at speed. It wouldn't even slow me down. Another tactic would be to just bullrush the pack and just plow through the whole lot of them. If they're tall enough, my arms will be out clothesline style for maximum effectiveness. If not, my knees and overall mass will take out plenty. There is a peril with this strategy, though, and that is if you trip - you better get up quick.

It's not rocket science.

[/ QUOTE ]

It would be an interesting world if this were rocket science.

[img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

That said, is it too early to nominate this for TOTY?
Old 01-18-2005, 01:06 PM

Only your 2nd assumption is true in this scenario.
Old 01-18-2005, 01:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Fighting is like poker

[/ QUOTE ]

So are you saying that once these 5yo battle royales start, we'd have posts like this?

"Man, WTF? I can't beat these 5-year olds! It's not possible. I punch and kick, but they just don't respect my strength! They have no muscles, but they won't go away! How are you supposed to beat up opponents like this? I need to start fighting older, stronger opponents who respect my strength and will back down once I start fighting."
Old 01-18-2005, 01:32 PM

I vote for the "out" kids to disappear as if it were a video game.

More to this, let's change the game a little bit. Let's say you can either play "Arcade" mode, "Sequential" mode or "Quick Game" mode.

Arcade Mode: You start with a set number of kids in the room, which is set by the difficulty rating. As each kid is immobilized, he disappears and a new one is generated and runs out on the field. You essentially are playing an endless game and are trying for a high score. Parameters can be changed so that, for instance, as you progress, maybe 2 kids come out for each one you knock out or maybe instead of kids coming in only when others are knocked out, maybe they come in at a certain time interval, which can speed up as time goes along. Maybe you get special bonuses for killer moves or taking out several kids at once. If you picked the easy mode, this could potentially go on seemingly forever, especially if you knew where the kids generated from and could just camp out right there and pop 'em in the face right as they run onto the field like we used to do playing multiplayer FPS games.

Sequential Mode: You start with one kid, knock him out, then two come out in the next round, then three, etc. Again, it's an endless game and you're playing for high score. Things like break time or health rejuvination between rounds can be discussed, as well as parameter changes discussed in Arcade Mode above.

Quick Game: You set the number of kids you want to begin with and once you're done with them, the game's over. This is pretty much what we've been talking about so far, I assume, and I think would be the toughest to get the high score in, depending on the exact parameters.

Clearly the possibilities are endless.
Old 01-18-2005, 01:38 PM

Awesome. I was thinking about this last night, but your Arcade / Simulation / Quick Game modes did a much better job laying out the possibilties than my thoughts could have.
Old 01-18-2005, 01:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I vote for the "out" kids to disappear as if it were a video game.

More to this, let's change the game a little bit. Let's say you can either play "Arcade" mode, "Sequential" mode or "Quick Game" mode.

Arcade Mode: You start with a set number of kids in the room, which is set by the difficulty rating. As each kid is immobilized, he disappears and a new one is generated and runs out on the field. You essentially are playing an endless game and are trying for a high score. Parameters can be changed so that, for instance, as you progress, maybe 2 kids come out for each one you knock out or maybe instead of kids coming in only when others are knocked out, maybe they come in at a certain time interval, which can speed up as time goes along. Maybe you get special bonuses for killer moves or taking out several kids at once. If you picked the easy mode, this could potentially go on seemingly forever, especially if you knew where the kids generated from and could just camp out right there and pop 'em in the face right as they run onto the field like we used to do playing multiplayer FPS games.

Sequential Mode: You start with one kid, knock him out, then two come out in the next round, then three, etc. Again, it's an endless game and you're playing for high score. Things like break time or health rejuvination between rounds can be discussed, as well as parameter changes discussed in Arcade Mode above.

Quick Game: You set the number of kids you want to begin with and once you're done with them, the game's over. This is pretty much what we've been talking about so far, I assume, and I think would be the toughest to get the high score in, depending on the exact parameters.

Clearly the possibilities are endless.

[/ QUOTE ]

Dude, once VR tech catches up, I see this as being a cult classic amongst the hardore gamers. If I were you, I'd add this post to my favorites so when the game invariably gets created, you can show prior art and make some serious cashesh.

This thread is golden, and this post is by far the best post in it.