Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-25-2006, 12:54 PM

Default Re: Week 3

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Bills were the 1st team ever to have a 300yd passer and 150 yrd rusher at home and lose

[/ QUOTE ]

Most of this was garbage time. Lee Evans was pretty much a non factor.

[/ QUOTE ]

None of the rushing yards were garbage time. Maybe ~60 yards passing was garbage against a prevent.
Old 09-25-2006, 01:38 PM

some pretty good talk from wgr http://eod.liquidviewer.com/wgr-od/w...0925_sully.wma

also the whiners line, pretty funny
http://eod.liquidviewer.com/wgr-od/w...ine_monday.wma
Old 09-25-2006, 02:44 PM

Yeah I always check those out on Mondays when I get home. Schopp & Bulldog actually have pretty solid analysis usually. Some of the retarded calls they get on the postgame show embarass me as a Bills fan though.
Old 10-01-2006, 04:46 PM

Default Week 4

Can't believe they almost blew this one...wait, yes I can.
Good game overall though. The run defense looked excellent, which was my primary concern against a good OL. Didn't expect a big game from Willis against their DL, but he ran hard for the 3rd straight week. JP looked very good, accurate; didn't throw deep but the Vikes were giving up the short stuff. 1/4 the way in the OL has held up better than I and most expected. I think the key to the rest of the season will be our DL and how well they hold up vs. the run. God forbid we ever get Spikes back.
Old 10-03-2006, 09:26 AM

Default Re: Week 4

The vikings game was another good one by the Bills. Seriously, they have yet to put up a complete stinker for an entire game. Notice I say this before they play the Bears in Chicago, which I might actually go to. I have been one of Losman's biggest critics, but he has been far and away much more accurate this year. His decision making is also better, I do wish he would run a bit more when nothing is open, but other than that, I cannot fault him. The vikings defense is very stout against the run and McGahee had very little success up the middle. Lee Evans again is proving he is a #1 WR, going up against 2 very good CB's in Smoot and Winfield. No shots down field again this week, strange for a team with such 4 out of 5 WR's with plus speed. 2 Int's, including a highlight one for Fletcher gives the bills the edge in the TO battle. Very strong game against the run for the bills DL, the minnesota OL is very strong especally to the left side. I am a bit worried about no sacks again, but this time there was pressure, they just didn't get to Johnson.

Anyways this week against the bears, the teams are mirror images of each other. Lots of chicago-buffalo connections for this one. I'm gonna go out on a limb and say this one is a close game. Big win against the seahawks, could mean a letdown for the bears this week. Plus the Bills coaches are very familiar with the Bears personel. I plan on taking the points this week, +11.5 is too much for a Bears offense that is not the Colts, and against a Bills defense that has done nothing but play well the 1st 4 weeks.

Bears 16 Bills 13.
Old 10-03-2006, 11:41 AM

Bills will be lucky to score, Bears 24 Bills 3. You know the Bears have not allowed 10+ points at home in 8 straight regular season home games?
Old 10-03-2006, 11:51 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Bills will be lucky to score, Bears 24 Bills 3. You know the Bears have not allowed 10+ points at home in 8 straight regular season home games?

[/ QUOTE ]

This is a classic letdown game for Chicago. They'll probably sneak off with a win regardless.
Old 10-03-2006, 11:52 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Bears 160 Bills <font color="yellow">1</font>3.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 10-09-2006, 12:24 AM

Default Week 5

Well that was a fun game. I started watching other games at 20-0. The lack of running game and points was not surprising. The terrible defense was surprising. Clements is officially gone next year, if there was any doubt. I was surprised that the pass protection held up as well as it did. Actually converted some 3rd&amp;longs early but I guess JP played poorly during the portion I didn't see.

I posted in the betting forum why I expect to lose in Detroit next week. I hope I'm wrong, because it's a game (circa Saints &amp; Raiders road games last year) that will decide whether we've actually elevated to mediocrity, or are still the dreads of the league.
Old 10-09-2006, 10:16 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Bears 160 Bills <font color="yellow">1</font>3.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

QFT! The Bills are terrible. I was in the stands at the Miami game a couple weeks ago and even though the Bills were basically 11 on Ronnie Brown on D and 11 on J. Taylor on O, they still managed to appear decidely sluggish, unorganized and poorly coached.