Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-06-2006, 11:29 AM

Default Re: 30 LBS in 90 days - Who\'s with me???

"cheating using steroids"

id be happy to do it if i can cheat. what are the best weight loss drugs to take? and no i dont have access to a meth dealer. i mean otc stuff.
Old 12-06-2006, 12:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Once I get there, I need to figure out how to maintain, because I really don't enjoy dieting/starving and working out all the time.

Ugh.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is precisely why I roll my eyes every time someone posts one of these challenges proposing some punishing regimen of two a day workouts with an extremely restrictive 1500 calorie a day diet.

There have been some really impressive results in this thread, but I'm wondering what all of your plans are once you reach your goals. What if anything about your current habits do you plan on changing? Is what you're doing right now something you enjoy and feel you can sustain?
Old 12-06-2006, 12:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Once I get there, I need to figure out how to maintain, because I really don't enjoy dieting/starving and working out all the time.

Ugh.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is precisely why I roll my eyes every time someone posts one of these challenges proposing some punishing regimen of two a day workouts with an extremely restrictive 1500 calorie a day diet.

There have been some really impressive results in this thread, but I'm wondering what all of your plans are once you reach your goals. What if anything about your current habits do you plan on changing? Is what you're doing right now something you enjoy and feel you can sustain?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you need to do two things to maintain so you don't need to just starve yourself and workout constantly:
1) Make healthy eating part of your lifestyle. I'm not talking about calorie cutting, but eating healthier calories.
2) Find a physical activity you like to do and do it as often as you can (swimming, jogging, hiking, golf, basketball, softball, etc). Join a rec league for your favorite sport.
Old 12-06-2006, 12:53 PM

I am 2lb off my initial goal which will have me in a healthy BMI for the first time probably since I was a teen and found beer. Started Aug 1st and have lost 35lb, 2 Stone 7 for us UKers. May then try and get down to 11 stone (154lbs) which will then give me some leeway when I start to eat properly again. Although people are saying I should stop now so will see.
Old 12-06-2006, 12:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Ugh.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Meh, I kind of enjoy lifting weights and I enjoy playing basketball... but I don't much like running and I hate dieting.

The problem is that I love all the foods that are really bad for me... so even on a maintenance plan I'm still going to be missing some things I really like.

I've gotten really skinny several times before and always had a tough time maintaining... because I end up backsliding from diet and exercise.

I don't know what I'll do this time... being on TV will help as a motivator, and maybe I can plan a cheat day once a week, or something.
Old 12-06-2006, 04:17 PM

Coughlin's diet: cocktails and dreams.
Old 12-06-2006, 04:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
jared leto gained 40 pounds for his upcoming role as john lennon's assassin by eating microwaved ice-cream with soy sauce and olive oil

[/ QUOTE ]
DeNiro just went to Italy and ate pasta for Raging Bull, wtf.
Old 12-27-2006, 10:34 PM

I've lost 26 pounds since I started this thread...hopefully I'll be at my goal of 150lbs by mid-Feb

I stopped taking ECA stack and I feel it and I'm not losing weight as quick but I think its the right move in the long run. I might go back on it but I don't want my BP to get that high. I have to pass a physical for a new job soon and BP is really important right now.

I've also cut out dinner. I stop eating at 5pm.

I've also started decreasing my caloric intake by eating 1/4 cup of oatmeal for breakfast and a snack later in the day.

In addition, I've cut out protein/meal replacement bars and substituted fruits and veggies. I'm attempting to eat really CLEAN but its tough and a little more expensive. I've also made a switch from store bought chicken to free range/organic chicken which is $9/lb @ whole foods but you taste and see the difference in quality.

anyone else have updates ?
Old 12-27-2006, 10:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
"cheating using steroids"

id be happy to do it if i can cheat. what are the best weight loss drugs to take? and no i dont have access to a meth dealer. i mean otc stuff.

[/ QUOTE ]

mike if you lose weight you will lose the distinguished look you now possess.
Old 12-27-2006, 11:10 PM

Hi I did this more or less on accident over the last 6 months. I am about 5"10 and was at about 210 lbs. I was living in sacramento at the time and basically not really working out or anything. I moved to san diego in april and took up surfing pretty seriously.

Not everyone has enough time to go surfing everyday, but I did and i took full advantage of it. Also I stopped binge eating out of boredom. Instead I began eating smaller meals spaced out by less time. During the holidays people think I am weird because my stomach has shrunk considerably and I can't really eat big meals, so my plates were relatively small. However I am never hungry, if I am I just eat something like a peice of fruit or something of similar size. I didn't really make an effort to cut out the crap out of my diet but I can't say I really ate that bad to begin with. I still eat high caloric meals and don't really watch my diet but I feel that all the excercise I get from surfing (think of it like panicked swimming with breaks inbetween).

Anyways I am now down to 170 lbls since april, I think I originally hit this weight around october but do not own a scale and did not see get an actuall weight in before this time. Anyways I love surfing and the excercise that it gives me. I think this weight was also very easy for me to drop because im only 25. For me though the key was definetly staying very active and less to do with the foods i was eating. I don't really eat fast food either unless I have to, it just makes me feel like crap. I have lost weight before using basically a starvation method and it sucked, was cranky all the time and I gained it back pretty quick. For me it's all about working out and that is a lifestyle which i enjoy.

good luck all.