Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-13-2006, 05:04 PM

Default Re: KAKA

Was I the only one who noticed a good number of croatians in the stands stripped down to their whities tighties? wtf? is that some croatian tradition...maybe it was just really hot.

Ronaldo was worthless. He basically just stood around waiting for the croatian defense to forget about him, which they did and he barely hit it over the bar.

It seemed like brazil held back quite a bit tonight, perhaps this is because of their coach, but i'd expect them to step up the pressure going forward as the tournament moves on.

Croatia looked very strong. All of a sudden group F look tough and should the croats move in I think they'll give Czech/Italy an hell of a run.
Old 06-13-2006, 05:04 PM

Shown in UK as well.
Old 06-13-2006, 05:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
brazil look awful. credit to croatia who were unlucky not to get at least a draw, but i can't see brazil going deep playing like this. i would not be shocked to see australia beat them.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol, yes you would
Old 06-13-2006, 05:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
brazil look awful. credit to croatia who were unlucky not to get at least a draw, but i can't see brazil going deep playing like this. i would not be shocked to see australia beat them.

[/ QUOTE ]

You are underestimating how composed Croatia was in their own defensive end.

Time and again, Croatia would disposess Brazil of the ball near or in their own box, then calmly dribble away to pass.

Australia did not do this against Japan, settling instead for long clears and 50/50 balls. If they do this against Brazil they will be handing the ball back all the time.
Old 06-13-2006, 05:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Brazil just shown why it's ridiculous to say they are indisputably the best team in the world.

[/ QUOTE ]

well, I think they are still the best, but it's closer than most people think. they faults some had talked about "too many individuals/not enough team play, not enough defense, etc" looked like they could be true.

it looks like Brazil played their B or C game, didn't sweat very much, and beat an excellent team. I'm not sure if any other country is capable of this.

a tangential question: how much does any national team practice together?
Old 06-13-2006, 05:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Brazil just shown why it's ridiculous to say they are indisputably the best team in the world.

[/ QUOTE ]

well, I think they are still the best, but it's closer than most people think. they faults some had talked about "too many individuals/not enough team play, not enough defense, etc" looked like they could be true.

it looks like Brazil played their B or C game, didn't sweat very much, and beat an excellent team. I'm not sure if any other country is capable of this.

a tangential question: how much does any national team practice together?

[/ QUOTE ]

Croatia played a solid defensive game, a pretty ABC type of offense (they really need 1-2 players that can make a difference individually). They had a great performance but I think they'll have a hard time getting out of the group stage, they're not an "excellent team", don't give Brazil all that credit.
Old 06-13-2006, 05:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
question for international audience: are those adidas commercials with the two kids and all the stars being shown overseas as well?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, everywhere
Old 06-13-2006, 05:19 PM

Brazil reminds me of Real Madrid. Somewhat weak at the back, very good attacking players that aren't Ronaldo, and most importantly lacking in a ball winner in the midfield.

I think they'll do well and finish top in the group. The interesting match will be them against Italy in the round of 16. If Italy finishes above the Czech Republic that match would be very good as well.
Old 06-13-2006, 05:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
and most importantly lacking in a ball winner in the midfield.

[/ QUOTE ]

something I was thinking about during the game, Emerson is going to be sent off in one of these games unless:
a) the referees are really really nice to him
b) Parreira actually helps him and tweaks the team a little bit (the sensible thing would be to put Juninho in, but I really don't see this happening).
Old 06-13-2006, 05:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
question for international audience: are those adidas commercials with the two kids and all the stars being shown overseas as well?

[/ QUOTE ]
Shown in Buenos Aires.