Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-27-2007, 05:03 AM

Default Re: what really happened with king of drafts

I don't get the budweiser reference in the Admo pic?
Old 06-27-2007, 05:08 AM

[ QUOTE ]
it would be pretty easy to insert a fake comment into a hand history, no?

[/ QUOTE ]

Nah, you can give the HH # and anybody can request it.
Old 06-27-2007, 05:12 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't get the budweiser reference in the Admo pic?

[/ QUOTE ]

Budweiser = king of beers. Crablar= king of drafts.
Old 06-27-2007, 06:01 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
I know I'm no one you know Admo, and that everyone already loves you, but goddamn if you aren't the best poster on 2+2..
Old 06-27-2007, 07:04 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I get all the references apart from bottom middle.

[/ QUOTE ]
stevie wonder

blind
Old 06-27-2007, 07:09 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This is just beautiful.
Old 06-27-2007, 07:47 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I get all the references apart from bottom middle.

[/ QUOTE ]
stevie wonder

[/ QUOTE ]

Ray Charles.

[ QUOTE ]
blind

[/ QUOTE ]

Snap.
Old 06-27-2007, 10:45 AM

POKERSTARS GAME #10563563178: HOLD'EM NO LIMIT ($10/$20) - 2007/06/22 - 13:48:14 (ET)
Table 'Celbalrai II' 6-max Seat #5 is the button
Seat 4: CrAbLaR ($2721.50 in chips)
Seat 5: punketty ($4426.80 in chips)
punketty: posts small blind $10
CrAbLaR: posts big blind $20
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to CrAbLaR [Kd Ah]
punketty: raises $45 to $65
CrAbLaR said, "nah im not gonn aplay"
CrAbLaR: raises $177 to $242
punketty said, "then why did you post and play two hands?"
punketty said, "wtf man - show some class"
punketty: folds
CrAbLaR collected $130 from pot
CrAbLaR is sitting out
CrAbLaR: doesn't show hand
*** SUMMARY ***
Total pot $130 | Rake $0
Seat 4: CrAbLaR (big blind) collected ($130)
Seat 5: punketty (button) (small blind) folded before Flop

This was apparently the second hand of HU. I guess I played one without realizing it was vs. Samo, which just means I already had autopost on.
Old 06-27-2007, 10:48 AM

Default pm exchange between me and king of drafts

The following is an exact word-for-word pm exchange (the one in which he claims I pm'd him to "rub salt in his wounds" followed by our subsequent exchange. The only thing that I am deleting from the pm is his real name (to protect his privacy). Everything else is verbatim. You can draw your own conclusions:

me to kod:

(name),

you were clearly in the wrong the other day. But regardless, I don't know why you saw the need to air out the dirty laundry on twoplustwo as you did. Your actions at the table were very classless, but regardless of our disagreement, there was no reason to make it public.

I had not posted here in months and months and would never have posted without your having done so at first. But your slanderous and (more importantly) unnecessary post forced me to defend myself.

The result? Your reputation that you care so much about has been ruined. In addition to the responses in the actual thread, at least 10-12 people have pm'd me telling me how much of a scumbag they think you are.

Despite all this, I do not think that you are a horrible person. But you acted in a classless manner at the table - and then compounded that by airing out your complaints against me on this forum. And the end result has been that you have injured yourself and your reputation in a manner that I never could have (or would have even tried).

his back to me:

You started telling Animal this stuff for no reason, and you reordered the events. I'm not on stars all the time so I don't know who else you might slander my reputation to. Starting the thread was the best way get my words in to the masses.

It's so obvious I had no intent to be mean, malicious, or classless, and in all honesty it hurt my feelings to be called such by you. A year or so ago I was in high school grinding 2/4 nl reading you and strassa and thinking you guys were gods. I had utmost respect for you. The only reason I paid you back the first time I got your blind HU and sat out was because I idolized you. Still do, in the sense of poker.

This was a perfectly good friendship, or mentorship or whatever, and you ruined it over what, $20? You think that $20 represented some greater overarching principle? Fine, then explain it to me, don't jump to conclusions and call me a classless scumbag. If it's logical, you can probably convince me. If I still disagreed, I probably would've given you back the money anyway, it's just not nearly a big a deal to me as maintaining relationships. People jumped to conclusions about you in old threads and I can't imagine it made you feel too hot.

Read what I said. Maybe I got confused and I reordered the events. I suppose it's possible considering the amount of tables I play. But it more important that I never MEANT harm, and that I probably was willing to remedy whatever you felt I had done wrong if you would have just approached me in a calm, rational manner instead of instantly telling me you would never contact me again?

Please respond,
(name)

me back to him:

(name),

there is a very very good chance that we could have cleared up this misunderstanding. While I thought (and still think to some extent) that you were an angle-shooting scumbag, I am amenable to the possibility that it was just a misunderstanding that got unnecessarily amplified. I am not one to hold grudges except in extreme cases, and prior to this incident, I have always held a high opinion of you.

However, any possibility of repairing our relationship and of my opinion of you was severely damaged by your decision to take this public. It was an issue between the two of us - and whether or not you thought that I was distorting the events - it was extremely low and despicable of you to take this to the forum.

Moreover, your nonsensical statement about preempting my inevitable thread is nothing short of absurd and you know that. You think that after quitting twoplustwo, I would have really come back after all these months simply to post about our disagreement?! Yet, you choose to sully my reputation with your thread about me being crazy. It was really poor form - and as a result - you have not only damaged my reputation, but also severely damaged your own previously impeccable reputation.

The worst part of all this is that when I sent you my message yesterday - more or less to voice my displeasure at your immature decision to take our disagreement public, you turned around and wrote another post saying that I sent you a pm to rub salt in your wounds. What the hell are you trying to do? If you are trying to injure myself and my reputation AND your own even more than you already have, you have succeeded.

After your decision to publicize what could have been a minor feud, there is very little chance that I will ever hold you in high regard again.

I understand that reputation is very important in our profession, and again - your decisions have severely damaged both of ours. There are many people now that think that you are a douchebag and an angle shooter, and many that propagate their opinions of me being "crazy" - all because of your doing.

I will offer a proposition for you. I do not expect you to take me up on it, but if you want to, I will do my end. I think that you and I both know that my account of the situation is the truth and that you have distorted it to get your point across. In doing so, some people have reinforced or generated a very low opinion of me. On the other hand, after reading through the thread, many players low have a very low opinion of you. I think the truth is that we are both good guys that got tangled up in a misunderstanding. But again, it blew out of proportion because of YOUR decision to publicize our feud.

I will offer you this. You post a new thread, admitting that my version was the real truth: that you agreed to give back my blind (as you and I know you did - by your saying "OK" in the chat window when I asked you to do so prior to your AK reraise) and then withdrew. You admit that you got caught up in the animosity that followed and distorted the truth because of the ill will developed and the fact that you were on tilt from blowing off the money that you did after that happened.

If you do this and restore my reputation, I will respond in kind. I will post a well-written thread in which I indicate that in all dealings with you prior to this one, you have been a stand-up, classy individual and that I hold you in high regard. I will also admit to having overreacted to your AK reraise which I felt had been done maliciously. I will tell the forum that at least I believe you are indeed an upstanding individual with a lot of class and that this whole feud got blown out of proportion.

I will do all that for you - IF AND ONLY IF - you create a new thread admitting that you were in fact in the wrong here, that you knee-jerked with AK after agreeing to give back my blind and then for whatever reason got turned off by my animosity and refused to give it back. Admit this truth (which is the right thing to do), and restore my reputation - and in turn, I will do the same for you.

If we get through this, who knows - perhaps you and I might even restore our own relationship.

and finally, him back to me:

I never agreed to anything. If you find a hand history where I said that, I will be happy to do what you said. Stop being such a condescending airhead.
Old 06-27-2007, 10:50 AM

Default Re: pm exchange between me and king of drafts

Also,

while I do not have my own hand histories, Crablar himself sent me this - from which you can draw your conclusions about what happened prior:

POKERSTARS GAME #10563563178: HOLD'EM NO LIMIT ($10/$20) - 2007/06/22 - 13:48:14 (ET)
Table 'Celbalrai II' 6-max Seat #5 is the button
Seat 4: CrAbLaR ($2721.50 in chips)
Seat 5: punketty ($4426.80 in chips)
punketty: posts small blind $10
CrAbLaR: posts big blind $20
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to CrAbLaR [Kd Ah]
punketty: raises $45 to $65
CrAbLaR said, "nah im not gonn aplay"
CrAbLaR: raises $177 to $242
punketty said, "then why did you post and play two hands?"
punketty said, "wtf man - show some class"
punketty: folds
CrAbLaR collected $130 from pot
CrAbLaR is sitting out
CrAbLaR: doesn't show hand
*** SUMMARY ***
Total pot $130 | Rake $0
Seat 4: CrAbLaR (big blind) collected ($130)
Seat 5: punketty (button) (small blind) folded before Flop