Yes 2 16.67%
No 10 83.33%
Voters: 12. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 05-18-2007, 09:04 PM

Default Re: 60k \"Staking\" dispute

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

cant we all just get along????? how about we fight..UFC style..winner take all...im on TEAM BOOSTED....

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
ok johnny cochran....ur point is made we get it

[/ QUOTE ]

Boosted, you should get better fanboys.

[/ QUOTE ]

I want my friggin Cochran paycheck!
Old 05-18-2007, 09:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If it were me I would be inclined to pay someone 5-10K to go over and beat 30K out of him

[/ QUOTE ]

even when you are on the right side of an argument, you manage to say things that reveal you to be a tool.
Old 05-18-2007, 09:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
It seems as if I was purposely midled in this regard. First he tells me that his money is coming in. Then I am suprised that he would give up 50% of his profits to me and I ask him what's in it for me, and he misleads me more with talk about other people bothering him. It seems to me that at this time he was already aware that I didn't know what "make up" meant and thought I was getting my money back no matter what.

And after I send him 30k more he goes and plays 3-6x higher than he was playing a little bit before? It just seems like I'm getting incredibly fcked here.

[/ QUOTE ]

You were. I hope you didn't agree to some crappy deal because you feared you would get nothing back. You should have been able to get 55K back (30k loan repaid and 25K from 30K another HS player stakes boosed for makeup through you and you give 5K back since you don't have to put up the $ directly)
Old 05-18-2007, 09:26 PM

its pretty obv boosted owes OP 30k, and for the other 30k he should stake boosted at 5/10 NL or whatever, I dont get what the argument is about...
Old 05-18-2007, 09:33 PM

Yeah, dude is playing 10/20 and says hey I'll give you makeup if you send me 100K and then he goes and puts it all on black at the roulette wheel LMAO
Old 05-18-2007, 09:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
You'd think that when you are lending an entire year's salary for an average worker to someone, you'd, you know, ACTUALLY figure out the details and crap.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah and you should also know the guy well in real life. IMO, loaning out money or staking people that you only know through the internet is real damn stupid. It seems like one of these stories pops up every few months yet people just continue to get screwed. Blows my mind.

[/ QUOTE ]

You guys realize that conmen profit because they are professionals at putting others off guard temporarily and then only at a later time the person realizes they were conned, right? They are experts at vague double talk, slight of hand, they are CONFIDENCE MEN as in manipulating others into having confidence in them (so they can Eff them).
Old 05-18-2007, 09:40 PM

i dont understand how the OP could possibly think boosted was going to be giving him a 50% freeroll on top of paying back the "loan". thats just retarded.boosted is a good kid and i really dont think his intentions were to rip off this guy.
Old 05-18-2007, 09:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i dont understand how the OP could possibly think boosted was going to be giving him a 50% freeroll on top of paying back the "loan".

[/ QUOTE ]

Well it's pretty clear that is what he thought as evidenced in the quoted chat.

And another thing:

If 'everyone knows what makeup means' why the need to follow it up with "100% risk free to you' ??? What's up with that?

Old 05-18-2007, 09:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Alright, I've spoken with Filth and Boosted. Problem resolved. Poker e-drama really is the very worst kind.

-Neutrality

Edited to Add:

Props to both for handling this reasonably and equitably.

[/ QUOTE ]

Anyone wanna lay odds that OP is still gettin hozed, just less so than he was originally?
Old 05-18-2007, 09:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
i dont understand how the OP could possibly think boosted was going to be giving him a 50% freeroll on top of paying back the "loan".

[/ QUOTE ]

Well it's pretty clear that is what he thought as evidenced in the quoted chat.

And another thing:

If 'everyone knows what makeup means' why the need to follow it up with "100% risk free to you' ??? What's up with that?

[/ QUOTE ]

youre retarded if you think anything in this world is risk free.
Closed Thread