Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-17-2007, 12:57 PM

Default Re: Companies you hate

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Walmart, they do a wonderful job of going into nice little towns and making all their stores go out of business.

[/ QUOTE ]

Dude their stuff is cheap.

[/ QUOTE ]

They really have some f'ed up practices though. They put a lot of pressure on other businesses due to their market dominance. Vlasic for example. They pressure Vlassic into producing 1-gallon jars of pickles instead of the smaller variety, and it costs vlassic big time. =link

Also, they aren't cheap about everything. Just some stuff. My dad, who's doing some physical therapy stuff, needed one of those exercise balls. $10 cheaper at Sears than at Walmart. Walmart blows ass.

[/ QUOTE ]

I went to a Walmart for the first time about a year ago. I was surprised that a whole lot of their stuff is at least as expensive as you'd find elsewhere. They were pretty bad on lots of groceries for instance.
Old 03-17-2007, 01:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I was surprised that a whole lot of their stuff is at least as expensive as you'd find elsewhere.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't hate Wal-Mart, but you are 100% correct in this. Wal-Mart used to crush everyone on price, but it seems a year ago, alot of their prices went up quite a bit.

Price-wise Target and Wal-Mart are a tie for what I buy, but Target is alot cleaner, quicker moving lines, and less "shady characters" hanging around.

EDIT: Add FYE to my list.
Old 03-17-2007, 02:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
As for what walmart does is they hold cities hostage and says if you don't help us pay to build we will move one town over and you won't get any of the sales tax. There for forcing the city to allow and help them build in there city.

[/ QUOTE ]
Shouldn't there be some sort of Nash equilibrium solution to this if what you're saying is true?
Old 03-17-2007, 02:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I hate thetruth.com and all those other anti smoking ads that are incredibly annoying.

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah I hate those ads

the SouthPark episode about the anti-smoking ppl was great
Old 03-17-2007, 02:34 PM

Let me explain to you how this works: you see, the corporations finance Team America, and then Team America goes out... and the corporations sit there in their... in their corporation buildings, and... and, and see, they're all corporation-y... and they make money.
Old 03-17-2007, 02:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
As for what walmart does is they hold cities hostage and says if you don't help us pay to build we will move one town over and you won't get any of the sales tax. There for forcing the city to allow and help them build in there city.

[/ QUOTE ]
Shouldn't there be some sort of Nash equilibrium solution to this if what you're saying is true?

[/ QUOTE ]

This is 100% true. Happened here in chicago when the city was thinking about making minimum wage for bb stores to like 8-12 dollars an hour or something crazy so they built right across city lines.
Old 03-17-2007, 02:59 PM

exxon mobil - jacking up their margins
Boeing - running those stupid adds on TV
Old 03-17-2007, 03:41 PM

F**cking ALL car insurance companies. All that $ I've sank into that crap w/ no kinda refund for great driving, just higher premiums for being Male. Sigh, this is why I don't have it anymore. I refuse to waste anymore $ on it. I have never been in a car accident/fender-bender or w/e while I have been behind the wheel so I don't feel I should be paying an "In case s**t" happens fee every month.
Old 03-17-2007, 04:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Walmart, they do a wonderful job of going into nice little towns and making all their stores go out of business.

[/ QUOTE ]

Dude their stuff is cheap.

[/ QUOTE ]

They really have some f'ed up practices though. They put a lot of pressure on other businesses due to their market dominance. Vlasic for example. They pressure Vlassic into producing 1-gallon jars of pickles instead of the smaller variety, and it costs vlassic big time. =link

Also, they aren't cheap about everything. Just some stuff. My dad, who's doing some physical therapy stuff, needed one of those exercise balls. $10 cheaper at Sears than at Walmart. Walmart blows ass.

[/ QUOTE ]

boo hoo
if they couldnt make money selling one gallon jars then guess what
dont [censored] sell them
Old 03-17-2007, 04:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
F**cking ALL car insurance companies. All that $ I've sank into that crap w/ no kinda refund for great driving, just higher premiums for being Male. Sigh, this is why I don't have it anymore. I refuse to waste anymore $ on it. I have never been in a car accident/fender-bender or w/e while I have been behind the wheel so I don't feel I should be paying an "In case s**t" happens fee every month.

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you still have a car? If so, in what state?