Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-03-2007, 04:11 PM

Default Re: High Stakes Poker 4/2

Old 04-03-2007, 04:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Phil Ivey thought Brad was some random businessman.

[/ QUOTE ]

Am I the only one that finds this hilarious?
Old 04-03-2007, 04:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

oh - em - gee

[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
Old 04-03-2007, 04:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
You people keep missing the key detail on the Brad Booth hand. Phil Ivey thought Brad was some random businessman. He said he had never seen him before (although Brad had played a few sessions on the table adjacent to the big game). Phil called me at the first break and told me about the hand.

At the next break, he told me now that he had played with Brad a little, he would have definitely called with his Kings.

Barry

[/ QUOTE ]

Didn't Brad live at the Bellagio for some time? Isn't he a high stakes NL player? How come they never played together before...

[/ QUOTE ]

if he mainly just plays NL and not the mixed game which is what phil plays mostly I thought, it makes sense.
Old 04-03-2007, 05:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]

if he mainly just plays NL and not the mixed game which is what phil plays mostly I thought, it makes sense no sense

[/ QUOTE ] fyp. seriously. How does Phil Ivey not even have a slight idea who he is. Everyone welcomes him and calls him by name like friends. Hes played on the tourney circuit right? I just dont see how you dont atleast know hes a some sort of decent player.
Old 04-03-2007, 05:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
He flipped the king and said something like "200 bucks to see the second card" and JDags said "4 of clubs". Almost!

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually, I think he said, "$200 to anyone who can guess this card."

So, he almost had to pay him off!!
Old 04-03-2007, 05:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You people keep missing the key detail on the Brad Booth hand. Phil Ivey thought Brad was some random businessman. He said he had never seen him before (although Brad had played a few sessions on the table adjacent to the big game). Phil called me at the first break and told me about the hand.

At the next break, he told me now that he had played with Brad a little, he would have definitely called with his Kings.

Barry

[/ QUOTE ]

Is Phil Ivey's knowledge of the player base that poor, that he doesn't even know of Brad Booth? Booth played virtually every day in the Bellagio for a year prior to the HSP3 taping.
Old 04-03-2007, 05:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Barry

[/ QUOTE ]

Is Phil Ivey's knowledge of the player base that poor, that he doesn't even know of Brad Booth? Booth played virtually every day in the Bellagio for a year prior to the HSP3 taping.

[/ QUOTE ]

You know all us crackas look the same .. and Barry ... you people?!? wtf is that suppose to mean?
Old 04-03-2007, 05:56 PM

"You people" = the kids on the internet.
Old 04-03-2007, 06:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Do you call there Barry? Also youd think that when your playing that high youd atleast have some background info on the players.

[/ QUOTE ]
I immmediately told him that he should have called.

[ QUOTE ]
Didn't Brad live at the Bellagio for some time? Isn't he a high stakes NL player? How come they never played together before...

[/ QUOTE ]

Neither Phil nor I had played in the 100-200 no-limit game that Brad played in. We play in a higher stakes mixed game. I did try to get some info on my opponents, although I didn't really do much. But Phil doesn't prepare at all. He assumes he will figure things out in the first hour. His lack of networking probably cost him $300k this time.

Barry