Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > MTT Community
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-08-2007, 03:40 PM

Default Re: To the Multi-Accounters : some thoughts before this upcoming Sunda

im not a known player or a highly touted player but at least i can take pride in the fact that i have never cheated.

just recently my friend and i made it to a final table of a $33r at UB. we have always sweated each other and told each other our hands over chat. this is the first time we final tabled toghether. he was in EP and told me what hand he folded and i told him bluntly, "lets play this hard and serious, no hard feelings" and i logged out of yahoo. i was shocked and disappointed that he would even do that. what was even more disturbing is that he is a pretty popular player/high volume player who chats with dozens of players and im sure this is common practice for them.

im under the impression cheating is 'not a big deal' to most. [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
Old 07-08-2007, 04:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
it is not ok to talk on aim/phone/in real life to other players about the hand while in the hand.

how can you think it is ok?

[/ QUOTE ]

Because Lee Jones has come on this board and told us it's okay.

That's a pretty good reason to have that notion I think.

[/ QUOTE ]

He said it's allowed because it's impossible to enforce. I'm sure his personal thoughts on the subject is that it's wrong.
Old 07-08-2007, 04:20 PM

everyone can yell and shout all they want about why things are right or wrong.

what most of you fail to see is that, by playing on a site you AUTOMATICALLY agree to their Terms and conditions. Their TERMS state nothing about being helped by a friend over your shoulder online but state EVERYTHING about not being allowed to multi account. Why do people insist on their opinions justifying this either/or dichotomy? If you're going to play on the sites, you're going to follow the terms of play, or you will be found and banned. plain and simple. Jeff is within his right to say this because, believe it or not, it is only an enforcement of the sites terms and conditions. If you do not like it, too [censored] bad. if you feel you cannot abide by the terms that jeff speaks of/that all sites enforce, either dont play or find yourself at the end of a nice long ban stick, being stripped of winnings and crying alone in the gutter like a little bitch.

edit: also, I find it laughable that people are trying to bank on the honor and gamesmanship of others to not help a friend online. this is the nature of online poker, and it cannot be altered due to how the game is conducted and implemented online. sites do what they can to enforce appropriate gameplay, and everyone has the option to have a friend/coach/hooker on the phone while they play. no one has the option of multi accounting.
Old 07-08-2007, 06:43 PM

I wonder if this thread has perked up the ears of the powers that be at Stars that browse this site?
Old 07-08-2007, 07:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I wonder if this thread has perked up the ears of the powers that be at Stars that browse this site?

[/ QUOTE ]

unfortunately there is not much stars can do until someone drops some names. If the multiaccounters aren't stupid, they have their tracks pretty much covered with account names and IP masks, the only way they can get caught is by being greedy or letting their ego get the best of them and telling someone that they shouldn't have told. I personally think it is immoral for people who know multiaccounters to not give them up to stars. It's hurting everyone's expectation that is trying to play legit and make it without cheating.
Old 07-08-2007, 08:26 PM

This thread is the reason Live poker pwns.
Old 07-08-2007, 09:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

of course it has..op knew that

I would like all multi accounts found and banned
Old 07-08-2007, 09:46 PM

Default Post deleted by Mat Sklansky

Old 07-08-2007, 09:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
why someone who wants to play more than one multi on the same time does not simple register on another one but prefers to multiaccounting?

[/ QUOTE ]
great idea, i think ill just play 6 different sunday millions next week
Old 07-08-2007, 10:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
why someone who wants to play more than one multi on the same time does not simple register on another one but prefers to multiaccounting?

[/ QUOTE ]

Useful Link