Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Two Plus Two > MOD DISCUSSION
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 09-16-2007, 03:12 AM

Default Re: Yeah So I wont be Dinking and driving anymore

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I hope rebelrebel is a level/gimmick. If not then wtf man? You're a terrible person. Drunk driving laws are unnecessarily harsh.

If you had a relative killed by a 40 year old business man going to work would you feel the same about their right to drive (or live)? What a [censored] idiot. If anyone shouldn't be driving it should be asians, old people, and women. Seriously.

[/ QUOTE ]

wow plz be leveling....

[/ QUOTE ]

no
Old 09-16-2007, 06:16 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
We'd need to know how significant "being to deteriorate" is and then compare it to other completely legal, socially acceptable things which might also deteriorate driving skills. So, a .02 is worse than a .00, but is a .02 worse than a driver having a bad day? Worse than someone having a conversation? Someone with the flu? Of course skills "start to deteriorate" at low BACs but we are willing to accept some level of deterioration, aren't we?

[/ QUOTE ]

The problem IMO is that .08 is WAY less of a problem for driving then any other distraction or ailment such as being tired. I'm not trying to condone drunk driving, or even say that driving at .07 is necessarily a "good" idea. I just hate how if someone gets an owi for driving at .09 they're instantly a baby killer, but people don't blink an eye at any other things that hinder your driving (cough old people)

[/ QUOTE ]

As any good and honest scientist will tell you that you can pretty much find whatever results you want in a study, especially if your looking for a certain result. For example, proving that even small amounts of alcohol will impair your driving ability to some "significant" degree.

I would bet money that at .05 or so(two beers in an hour), yet focused clearly on driving home as i have had two beers. I would perform better in any driving test than someone talking on the phone, eating food, listening to loud music, a parent distracted by a crying baby or rambunctious toddlers in the back seats, someone having a conversation with a passenger and so on while driving. Most of these are socially acceptable and do indeed contribute to a persons ability to drive safely. 10,000's of people are killed every year in accidents by sober people where such factors played a role, but you don't hear about the outrage and campaigns against any of these things, and certainly nothing close to the kind of campaigns you see telling people that driving while having even a modest amount of alcohol kills!!!

I can't speak for everywhere but here in CA a dui is really expensive, i mean the state must make a killing each year on these. Forget $200 tickets, dui is like 2k+ for a first offense, it's gotta be a cash cow for the state.

That being said, I've dodged one bullet while driving probably around .08-.1, and i was only driving a few blocks to pick up food, thankfully i have nerves of steel and played it cool and the cop didn't bother giving me the full sobriety test. Since then and this was years ago, i take taxi's our catch rides with a dd, it's definitely worth it for the peace of mind alone. Although i do find it amusing that often i'll opt to take a $10-$20 taxi ride home after having just a few drink over a couple hours and only feeling slightly buzzed, at the idea that i'd likely be much safer driving home on my own compared to how erratically a lot of these taxi drivers drive.
Old 09-16-2007, 06:40 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I can't speak for everywhere but here in CA a dui is really expensive, i mean the state must make a killing each year on these. Forget $200 tickets, dui is like 2k+ for a first offense, it's gotta be a cash cow for the state.

[/ QUOTE ]

Dude, yeah thats expensive, but did you read the OP? We are talking 5k and 3 years hard labor for being a PASSENGER in the car of a DUI driver.
Old 09-16-2007, 06:50 AM

i saw, not much to say about that except i'm glad that I don't live there. It's kind of like hearing about the things that would cause you to be stoned to death in a country like Iran.

"Justice is the means by which established injustices are sanctioned"
Old 09-16-2007, 08:33 AM

[ QUOTE ]
instead of drunk drivers we should arrest [censored] drivers

a lot of people just suck at driving, drunk or sober

[/ QUOTE ]

This idea doesnt get enough [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
Old 09-16-2007, 11:11 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Dude, yeah thats expensive, but did you read the OP? We are talking 5k and 3 years hard labor for being a PASSENGER in the car of a DUI driver.

[/ QUOTE ]

The fact that everyone is making a big deal about this particular change is amazing to me... What type of braindead, totally retarded, mental midget douchebag would RIDE with a [censored] drunk???? I mean, while I vehemently disagree with the "right" to drive drunk, at least I understand.. well, that's a bad choice of words. I've heard the reasons... "I've got to get my car home" "I drive better when I'm drunk" But I can't even think of a false justification anyone could give for riding with a drunk.

Even when I am drunk, I have never been so drunk that riding with a drunk didn't seem like an incredibly stupid idea.
Closed Thread