Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > EDF
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 05-23-2007, 11:54 PM

Default Re: my shoe collection

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
You know that Rainbows are guaranteed for life right? Wear them out and ship them to the factory store and they will ship you a new pair minus shipping. I used to live pretty close to the factory in undergrad so it was awesome.

[/ QUOTE ]
I thought they were guaranteed for the life of the sole... ie if the strap breaks or the sole comes off of the sandal BEFORE the top or bottom layer of the sandal wears through to the middle layer, then they will replace the sandal.

I'm almost positive they won't replace them just because they're worn out.

EDIT: I checked out the Rainbow guarantee policy. It says:
* Our Warrantee is for the Lifetime of the sole. As long as you haven't worn into the next layer of the sole from either the top or bottom* RAINBOW® SANDALS will repair your sandals if they are damaged or defective due to MANUFACTURING DEFECTS ONLY

RAINBOW® SANDALS will NOT Repair or Replace your sandals if they become defective as a result of any circumstances not involved in the manufacturing.

So it doesn't seem to me that they'll replace it just because the sandals are worn out.

[/ QUOTE ]

I bought a pair of Rainbows in 2000 and have replaced them 4 times. I just drove to the factory and there was no questions asked. No pair was described as the quote you posted, but maybe they are nicer in person

[/ QUOTE ]

Are they still in SC?
Old 05-24-2007, 01:53 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I bought a pair of Rainbows in 2000 and have replaced them 4 times. I just drove to the factory and there was no questions asked. No pair was described as the quote you posted, but maybe they are nicer in person

[/ QUOTE ]
Damn... I'm gonna have to get on that! I'm at school in the Bay area, but my home is about a half hour from the factory...

What was wrong with your sandals? Just incredibly worn out?
Old 05-24-2007, 02:04 AM

Here is my main pair of shoes...

They look much better in person. Some might not like the clashing colors, but I like how they go with a dark pair of jeans. I've gotten tons of compliments on them.

I'm in college, fwiw.
Old 05-24-2007, 12:59 PM

Location: My Avatar is Cursed for my Teams. Please don\'t curse my burger.

heh, fun thread. I have some decent shoes. Nothing too extreme. Just bought a pair of these golas yesterday:
Old 05-24-2007, 07:30 PM

I just added to my collection with these:

I like them a lot so far, so I might pick up a tan pair as well when I locate them in my size. By locate, I mean that the manufacturer's site doesn't think they make the shoes I just bought in my size, so I gotta get lucky through a Nordstrom or something.
Old 05-24-2007, 08:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]

I like them a lot so far, so I might pick up a tan pair as well when I locate them in my size. By locate, I mean that the manufacturer's site doesn't think they make the shoes I just bought in my size, so I gotta get lucky through a Nordstrom or something.

[/ QUOTE ]

Nice, what's the brand and model name?
Old 05-24-2007, 11:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Nice, what's the brand and model name?

[/ QUOTE ]

Donald J Pliner "Estro"

So far they're still real nice, but I've only worn them for about 5 hours.
Old 05-27-2007, 05:51 AM

Hmm, don't know what to say really. I'm probably gonna come off really bad here but IMNSHO most shoes (90%+) in this thread are absolutely awful. Could be a cultural difference between Europe - USA because most of the shoes in this thread would be worn by kids age 8-14 here, and the rest of the shoes by 'no-fashion-clue' 40+ year olds.

Shoes I like and think men should wear (which I can guess you'll hate then...):
My own favorite pair (which I get lots of great comments from anytime I'm out).

Old 05-28-2007, 08:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
la,

I've tried two or three others, but always end up sticking w/ Copas.

[/ QUOTE ]

Copas never a bad choice, wore those for more then a summer or two. Solid boot.

Recently was given a gift card to a local shop, put on the Mercurial Vapors (sort of like the crazy 'moon boot' types mentioned in this thread earlier)and decided I had to have them. The gift card helped rationalize the retarded price tag, but they are just so lightweight and stable I think it was well worth the investment. I only play once a week approximately now, so I imagine they should hold up for a long long time.

The newer adidas 'Tunit' models are so wack, not my thing.. I used to love the Predator line back when it was first introduced too.. nasty swerving corners oh my.
Old 05-29-2007, 02:09 AM

I just bought these shoes online, Royal Elastics - anyone have experience with elastics rather than laces?

Closed Thread