Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > EDF
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-02-2007, 02:13 PM

Default Re: Senator Larry Craig

[ QUOTE ]
I think if you analyze all those statements, there is nothing inherently hypocritical about them. Being gay does not mean one has to support gay marriage. Senator Craig may very well consider himself a naughty boy like Clinton, and being outed can also be seen as completely ridiculous. Whose business is it?

To be a hypocrite, Craig would have to contradict himself. For example, if he said, "gay people are bad, but I'm gay and a good person." That would be hypocrisy.

Also, why would people pressure him to resign his post? If he voted the way his constituents wanted him too, what does it matter if he's gay? Gays should be up and arms over this discrimination.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree with peter. there is nothing hypocritical about what he is doing. I have done coke, I know its bad, but it is fun, if my brother asked me if I think he should do coke, and I say "no for XXXX reasons"..is this hypocritical? no, imo it is not.

he American people already know that Bill Clinton is a bad boy - a naughty boy. I’m going to speak out for the citizens of my state, who in the majority think that Bill Clinton is probably even a nasty, bad, naughty boy.”

---this should have been the first sign that the senator is a little light in his wingtips.
Old 09-02-2007, 02:16 PM

The people who pressured him to resign are not at all coy about their dislike for gays. Protests from gay activists would mean less than nothing to them.
Old 09-02-2007, 02:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The people who pressured him to resign are not at all coy about their dislike for gays. Protests from gay activists would mean less than nothing to them.

[/ QUOTE ]

People like that should be forced to have cameras in their homes watching every move. Since they're good people and not doing anything illegal, they should have no reason to protest.
Old 09-02-2007, 03:47 PM

its a tough one for the repubs. as they are pushing family values for their platforms and are finding nothing but scandals inside their own ranks. it shows that whoever is doing the talking cant be trusted anymore to be telling the truth.
Old 09-02-2007, 08:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If I were defending Larry Craig at trial, I think I'd have to use the following theme:

"If he took a s-h-i-t, you must acquit."

[/ QUOTE ]

The arresting officer said he didn't flush the toilet. There was no mention of a floating turd.
Old 09-03-2007, 12:13 AM

[ QUOTE ]
The attacks on this gay senator are unjustified. People are calling him a hypocrite. Yet why should private practice dictate public policy? If I cheat on my wife, am I a hypocrite if I don't start pro polygamy legislation?

Even more disturbing is that cops are arresting people for nothing. Communication in a bathroom should not be illegal. Why did the cop respond when the senator tapped his foot? When the cop showed his badge, the senator stopped. Why wasn't it left at that? Bloody police state. America is not a free country.

[/ QUOTE ]
Do you think the cop was randomly staking out that particular stall? It seems likely that this restroom was known for that sort of thing, as the article alludes, and that is why he was staking it out. Its not like the officer was just taking a dump and decided to arrest some guy at random.
Old 09-03-2007, 12:23 AM

1. a person who feigns some desirable or publicly approved attitude, esp. one whose private life, opinions, or statements belie his or her public statements.

2. a person who pretends to have virtues, moral or religious beliefs, principles, etc., that he or she does not actually possess, esp. a person whose actions belie stated beliefs.

um, yeah, he is a huge giant queer hypocrite.
Old 09-03-2007, 03:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
1. a person who feigns some desirable or publicly approved attitude, esp. one whose private life, opinions, or statements belie his or her public statements.

2. a person who pretends to have virtues, moral or religious beliefs, principles, etc., that he or she does not actually possess, esp. a person whose actions belie stated beliefs.

um, yeah, he is a huge giant queer hypocrite.

[/ QUOTE ]

So what? You may think he is a morally bad person, but he still does his job. Why should one's private life be used to judge public actions?
Old 09-03-2007, 03:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
The attacks on this gay senator are unjustified. People are calling him a hypocrite. Yet why should private practice dictate public policy? If I cheat on my wife, am I a hypocrite if I don't start pro polygamy legislation?

Even more disturbing is that cops are arresting people for nothing. Communication in a bathroom should not be illegal. Why did the cop respond when the senator tapped his foot? When the cop showed his badge, the senator stopped. Why wasn't it left at that? Bloody police state. America is not a free country.

[/ QUOTE ]
Do you think the cop was randomly staking out that particular stall? It seems likely that this restroom was known for that sort of thing, as the article alludes, and that is why he was staking it out. Its not like the officer was just taking a dump and decided to arrest some guy at random.

[/ QUOTE ]

Arrest him for what? No crime was taking place. If I walk down a public street known for having prostitutes, should I be arrested?
Old 09-03-2007, 03:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Arrest him for what? No crime was taking place. If I walk down a public street known for having prostitutes, should I be arrested?

[/ QUOTE ]

unfortunately with the way laws and enforcement seem to be going you very well could be. It's absolutely ridiculous. For Craig to be guilty two things have to basically be true A) trying to pick up or flirt with someone for the purposes of wanting sex have to be illegal and B) the police officer is able to read minds and therefore determine that the Senator wanted to engage in sex in the restroom as opposed to wanting to go to the nearest hotel or some other local.

It's beyond ridiculous I really don't understand anyone that is ok with this type of arrest