Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > BBV4Life
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Who is the most annoying poster in this thread?
Snowball138 8 44.44%
Snowball138 2 11.11%
Snowball138 6 33.33%
Snowball138 2 11.11%
Voters: 18. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-07-2007, 06:13 PM

Default Re: PASSAMAN POST #666. BBV 10 COMMANDMENTS

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Define mental illness.

[/ QUOTE ]

Any of various conditions characterized by impairment of an individual's normal cognitive, emotional, or behavioral functioning.

I think this includes having imaginary friends who live in the sky and talking to yourself whilst kneeling at your bedside.

also you're not answering my question Passaman.

[/ QUOTE ]

Mostly because it's a silly question. Since human kind have always had spiritual and religious beliefs, no one would possibly see it as a mental illness. The overwhelming majority of humans believe in some sort of God (at least over 90%). Therefore, it's a hypothetical, trolling question that doesn't make a lot of sense. I suppose if only 3% of people believed in God, we would see them as rather strange. Since the exact reverse is what's actually true, maybe we should look at it from that angle. The bible says that "God has placed eternity in the hearts of man", meaning that all of us are hardwired to seek and to search, and to look for what's on the "other side." So, the ones that don't do that, maybe they're the 'abnormal' ones? I don't know.

[/ QUOTE ]

Right. A lot of people believe in "god". Because it kinda used to make sense that a "god" was in control. But now we have science that can explain things like thunder and stars and stuff. And the bottom line is most intelligent people that have really examined the evidence come to the conclusion that it is silly to think there is some singular personal entity that will send you to burn forever if you disobey him. Just because the majority of people are lazy doesnt make it any less silly to believe what they believe. Just give it time.
Old 11-07-2007, 06:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Define mental illness.

[/ QUOTE ]

Any of various conditions characterized by impairment of an individual's normal cognitive, emotional, or behavioral functioning.

I think this includes having imaginary friends who live in the sky and talking to yourself whilst kneeling at your bedside.

also you're not answering my question Passaman.

[/ QUOTE ]

Mostly because it's a silly question. Since human kind have always had spiritual and religious beliefs, no one would possibly see it as a mental illness. The overwhelming majority of humans believe in some sort of God (at least over 90%). Therefore, it's a hypothetical, trolling question that doesn't make a lot of sense. I suppose if only 3% of people believed in God, we would see them as rather strange. Since the exact reverse is what's actually true, maybe we should look at it from that angle. The bible says that "God has placed eternity in the hearts of man", meaning that all of us are hardwired to seek and to search, and to look for what's on the "other side." So, the ones that don't do that, maybe they're the 'abnormal' ones? I don't know.

[/ QUOTE ]

Right. A lot of people believe in "god". Because it kinda used to make sense that a "god" was in control. But now we have science that can explain things like thunder and stars and stuff. And the bottom line is most intelligent people that have really examined the evidence come to the conclusion that it is silly to think there is some singular personal entity that will send you to burn forever if you disobey him. Just because the majority of people are lazy doesnt make it any less silly to believe what they believe. Just give it time.

[/ QUOTE ]

I would get into things like origin of the universe, the origin of time, how a design needs a Designer, and other things science can't explain, but this would come dangerously close to SMP posts (and I've never visited that forum even once).

You remind me of El Escalito....."Why do you always want to baptize me? I believe in Science!"
Old 11-07-2007, 06:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I would get into things like origin of the universe, the origin of time, how a design needs a Designer, and other things science can't explain, but this would come dangerously close to SMP posts (and I've never visited that forum even once).

[/ QUOTE ]

You think BBV4life is 'intolerant'.......SMP down right bashes. Most of those guys are proud of the fact they are going to hell.
Old 11-07-2007, 06:21 PM

passaman,

Why do you proselytize all the time?

We get it, you love God, you love your religion, you love being "different" on BBV4L but I'm pretty sure there are tons of other forums you could go chat it up with if you didn't have for some sort of moral superiority complex.

"Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful." -- Seneca
Old 11-07-2007, 06:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]

You remind me of El Escalito....."Why do you always want to baptize me? I believe in Science!"

[/ QUOTE ]

Visit SMP sometime. It would be fun.

But just for fun. If a design needs a designer, why doesnt the designer also need a designer to design him, and so on and so forth.
Old 11-07-2007, 06:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
passaman,

Why do you proselytize all the time?

We get it, you love God, you love your religion, you love being "different" on BBV4L but I'm pretty sure there are tons of other forums you could go chat it up with if you didn't have for some sort of moral superiority complex.

"Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful." -- Seneca

[/ QUOTE ]

I've proselytized, um....never? Only in this thread in response to other posts. I'm sensitive to the focus of BBV, so I don't. I think you know that.
Old 11-07-2007, 06:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You think BBV4life is 'intolerant'.......SMP down right bashes. Most of those guys are proud of the fact they are going to hell.

[/ QUOTE ]

Or they use things like facts and logic to make their arguments. Interesting concepts.
Old 11-07-2007, 06:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Or they use things like facts and logic to make their arguments. Interesting concepts.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol
Old 11-07-2007, 06:27 PM

[x]religion is the opiate of the masses afaik imo
Old 11-07-2007, 06:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

lol

[/ QUOTE ]

good point.