Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Books and Publications
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-24-2007, 04:33 AM

Default Re: Professional No Limit Holdem Vol 1, Reviews

I have, just waiting for a reply.............
Old 07-24-2007, 09:01 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I really like Angel's book but for some reason, I don't retain any of it. I can't tell you one thing from the book other than he talks a lot about playing the other player.

I have read it at least three times.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well if you don't remember analyzing hands based on the concept "who is more likely to go broke in this hand, me or my opponent?", then you didn't read the book!

Seriously, probably the reason you don't remember certain things is that he's pretty vague in describing some ideas. If you go and read Largay's examples of how to play certain hands like AK based on different stack sizes, I think you'll find his approach is very similar to F&M's (although I haven't checked to see if the numbers/thresholds match). But F&M present the concept in a *far* more organized, explicit and cohesive fashion (I haven't read all of PNL so I won't comment further.)
Old 07-24-2007, 10:53 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Looks good, except for this little detail:
"This means that the risk of loss and title for such items pass to you upon our delivery to the carrier."

I know there might be a good reason for this, but there just seems to be some edge towards the Big Company on this issue. This was my concern. Sure I would like to order from the dedicated company instead, in principle at least [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually, this is true of virtually all deliveries including those sent from Amazon. If your package is lost or damaged, you must seek compensation from the carrier (i.e. UPS or the USPS). The seller's liability ended when they dropped the package in the mail. Now that doesn't mean they won't send you another one as a good business practice, but you cannot win a lawsuit seeking damages against them unless the contract was designated as a destination contract in some way.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes - I found it, Amazon had the exact same condition on their Conditions of Use page.

Now it would be nice to know what happens in practice in any webshop that I use [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] At least some shippings can be trackable so it would probably help.
Old 07-24-2007, 02:20 PM

Location: Here I am, brain the size of a planet and I can\'t beat the 2 cent O/8 game on UB. Depressing, isn\'t it?

[ QUOTE ]
Well if you don't remember analyzing hands based on the concept "who is more likely to go broke in this hand, me or my opponent?", then you didn't read the book!

[/ QUOTE ]

I think it is his writing style. It is a really easy read and I think I just mow on through and don't give enough thought to what I am reading.