Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Full Ring
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-06-2007, 10:19 PM

Default Re: ** New & Improved ** Pokerstars Regulars Thread

online personas are fun. Im sure too eazy is a much more down to earth dude in person or say an AIM convo.

At 50 there arn't very many good regulars, just a bunch of ABC nits and rake machines (yes rake machines @ 50nl) Sobrao girl told me she playes like 100k a week. Not sure I believe but she plays a sick load of .5-1 bb/100 poker.

Jnic and nessv are probly best non 2+2 guys that play that i've noticed. I play I dont really notice alot of hands though so im sure there are better i missed.

can i get some 50nl regs to pm screen names. I only know like half of you fools.
Old 11-06-2007, 11:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
And also, do you guys have mad notes on everyone? What type of stuff?

[/ QUOTE ]

FWIW I am horrible at taking notes. I tend to note what people
cod call and limp with. Do they fire on two streets after raising PF...nothing special
Old 11-06-2007, 11:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Who here plays at the 10NL tables?

Seems to be full of multitablers and shortstackers. With not many tables running.

I'm finding it quite the grind, although maybe just getting used to 12 tabling.

What about 25NL tables, for those that play there. Do you find that the regulars are more spread out?

[/ QUOTE ]

I haven't played in a long time, and I recently came back when I learned that you could play 24 tables at once. I tried it out on 10NL and ended up at pretty much all of the available tables. So not many full ring 10NL games. There are a few former 25NLers down there who seem to be doing well. The rest seem to be willing to commit their stack with TPTK. Some want to be aggressive but have no brakes, some are passive with top set. It's like the land of broken toys. I think you could do very well by just setmining and playing premium pairs. Isn't poker, but it worked for me in my 24-table experiment.

As for 25NL, it is much more spread out. Far more tables available.

[ QUOTE ]
I just moved up to NL50. Thoughts on some of the regulars:

jhart1358
Jonny_Moxon
pdk01
KillingAce
KiWiKaKi
AlexanderT
KingzRGut

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm surprised AlexanderT is playing at 50NL, although I see him there occasionally. I have him at 31/14/1.3 over 2141 hands at 25NL over the summer, where he was getting beaten up fairly badly and seemed tilty. His numbers at 50NL are just as loose but his raise % is lower, near 10%, and he loses at a slightly lower-rate ptbb/100-wise. He's the only non-winning 25NLer that I am familiar with who moved up to 50NL.

KillingAce I have winning at 11/5/1.4 over 2300 hands. About 80% of the time he is ABC throughout an entire session. Rarely steals. But the other 20% of the time he seems either angry or drunk and plays MUCH less predictably . . . and better.

I have KiwiKaki 14/5/1.2 over 640 hands. Not much to say about him except that he lost $45 over that period, although he seems decent for 50NL.
Old 11-07-2007, 12:00 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Thoughts on:

Marccus85
Fumbo420
Kelistaan(this guy is always discussed)
lifegoeson
Tru_Dat
The_Minion

Those are ones that I see at the tables constantly.

[/ QUOTE ]

They're all blah and Fumbo is mega bizarre. I refer to these players as a whole as "oddity nits" cause thats the only general way to describe them.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm confused at why you think you're a poker god.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think I'm a poker God so much as I think that everyone else overrates themselves and the people they play with. Basically the majority of regulars in any given level are bad up through 5/10 in my opinion. By bad I do not mean losing player, but marginal winner or worse.

To rephrase, I don't think I'm that good, I just think poker is easy because everyone else is bad. People simply don't practice poker as much as they do chess, baseball etc. and thus it's easy to be far ahead in the learning curve in this game, or far behind. Also there are plenty of regulars on extended heaters who play short bi rules and are susceptible to tilt meltdowns etc. (Which makes it easier for the bad nits to prosper)

[/ QUOTE ]

I guess I'll just throw my thoughts out here just in case there is some value in doing so.

I find players like tru_dat, the minion and so forth to be very good regs. I don't think there's many people out there that should be wanting them in their game. For someone to say their "meh" is a pretty ridiculous statement imo. In response to that I would have one question. What makes you (too easy in this case) not "meh" to be calling them meh. What do you think you're seeing in their play where you've got the edge on them. Personally, I think it's an imagined edge. And even if it's an edge, it certainly couldn't be large. If it is, then I'm drastically underestimating this game compared to limit. I find it humorous when people talk about being excited to have known tight players at their tables. You're just not going to be winning much money from them imo.

I don't think I'm that good at this game either (to which you've already agreed in other posts); however, I have over 250K+ hands at 4 ptbb/100 (can't be classified as an extended heater) and I'm quite certain you'd classify me as a bad nit.

To put it in a summary: I think many of you players overestimate yourselves, make judgements too quickly of other players based off of a very small sample of hands, overestimate your "perceived edge" against tight players, and are obnoxiously vocal about all of the above.
Old 11-07-2007, 12:04 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Agree pisco and deruy are str8forward and predictable, but that pretty much sums up NL50 grinders
Pisco is 15/5 in my DB too, don't think he's losing but he's not good

I like deruy but his play is nothing special. saw him playing 60bb tonight, must be running pretty bad

what about jnic00? he's one player who has actually been giving me some trouble lately. 2+2?

[/ QUOTE ]

jnic00 is steez4sheez

no wonder he is good (L)
Old 11-07-2007, 12:09 AM

Jnic and nessv are probly best non 2+2 guys that play that i've noticed. I play I dont really notice alot of hands though so im sure there are better i missed.

STEEZ4SHEEZ
Old 11-07-2007, 12:12 AM

tought on VLUFF at nl 200

FUTILEWAR
Old 11-07-2007, 12:27 AM

[ QUOTE ]

FUTILEWAR

[/ QUOTE ]

vluff is only topped by jefflauzon and the incomparable dilith
Old 11-07-2007, 12:32 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

FUTILEWAR

[/ QUOTE ]

vluff is only topped by jefflauzon and the incomparable dilith

[/ QUOTE ]

dilith is like 10/7/1
Old 11-07-2007, 12:35 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Sobrao girl told me she playes like 100k a week. Not sure I believe but she plays a sick load of .5-1 bb/100 poker.

[/ QUOTE ]

I've played against sobraogirl at $5nl only a few weeks ago.

Have her as 12/4/3 over 1555 hands running at -0.01ptbb/100 and down 2 cents.

She has a pretty high af of 11.5 on the river too.