View Poll Results: Preflop A9s UTG?
Raise 149 57.53%
Call 52 20.08%
FOLD???? 58 22.39%
Voters: 259. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-03-2007, 10:23 AM

Default Re: FPHG Version 2

[ QUOTE ]
Hi. First of all great work with the application!

There have been talk about releasing source-code or not. While you think about what the best solution would be, could you point us developers in any directions (other than DLL injection snippets) on how to "scan" poker-clients?
Anyone else is ofcourse welcome to help/answer aswell [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

You said "just grabs certain strings as they pass through memcpy() function calls". Is that the only "scan" you do to get all the history from PartyPoker?

Regarding the old (0.07) version. I was using RPM before aswell but it does not work anymore. Do you know if something in the PartyPoker client changed? And if so is that why you abbandoned the old version or is it still possible to use RPM in some way?

Is there information/ideas available somewhere on how to "scan" poker clients (and more than just PartyPoker)?

Thanks!

[/ QUOTE ]
If you look on the main FPHG page then the old FPHG 0.x version (with source) is still their and I updated it to work with the new Unicode strings used in the new PP client.

The old version scan memory using the ReadProcessMemory() function.

It is very unlikely that a similar method will work on other poker clients: screen scaping, dealer chat grabbing, etc are the likely ways to go on any site other than Party.

Juk [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 01-03-2007, 10:28 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I've been using FreePHG for a while and it works real nice. I have though found a few problems with it.

I mainly use it for tournaments and the longer into a tournament, the more CPU it eats. I haven't found a way to stop this, moving the output files does not help.

A worse problem though is that it miss hands, which is quite irritating as it means I miss a lot of valuable information such as finish places and stuff.

[/ QUOTE ]
Yes, the latest version of FPHG 2 required me to rewrite everything to solve the problem with the Unicode strings.

The guy who wrote the earlier non-unicode code used in the first version of FPHG 2 played tournaments and was very careful to make sure that it didn't miss the bits you mentioned, but when I rewrote it I used alot of the old logic from FPHG 0.x.

I haven't played on Party for several months, but I will be starting to play back their sometime over the next few weeks and I'll hopefully be able to see the SNG bugs and fix them then.

[ QUOTE ]
I have browsed through this thread and noticed you have a few things planned. Is a new version going to be released soon? Just wondering.

[/ QUOTE ]
Yes, they will get implemented soon(ish). I've been taking a break for most of December, but back now.

Old 01-03-2007, 10:31 AM

Default Re: FPHG port for other sites ??

[ QUOTE ]
Hi,
FPHG is VERY handy for collecting hand histories from PartyPoker. I just wondered if it is in principle possible to port it to other poker sites (like TitanPoker) ?

[/ QUOTE ]
The same method is almost certainly not going to work on any other site than Party.

The reason it works on Party is because the Party client itself used to write the old .hhf files and all FPHG does it grab these from memory and write them out.

Old 01-03-2007, 10:33 AM

Default Re: FPHG 2.03d available (fix for Unicode update)

[ QUOTE ]
i can not seem to get the old or the new version to work. When I use the -debug with the old version, it says waiting on tables...

can anyone offer some help?

[/ QUOTE ]
Are you using the latest version? If not, then make sure you get it as the old versions won't function at all after Party's recent multilingual update.

Old 01-03-2007, 10:34 AM

[ QUOTE ]
OK. It imports them if I change the extension to .txt. Shouldn't be to hard to fix.

[/ QUOTE ]
I'll add the option back in to use ".txt" or ".hhf" extensions in the next version.

Old 01-03-2007, 10:40 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Hey Juk,

thanks for your great work, keep it up [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] I seem to have some problems with your 2.03 though. On random occasions it skips one to more lines of the preflop action. The hh that gets output from party after the hand ended is correct. Also fphg doesn't get the line telling the seat and the chip pile of a user that sits down and posts a bigblind out of row in the same hand, again the "right" hh contains them. Do you think these issues can be fixed?

[/ QUOTE ]
Yep, if you can email me (jukofyork@yahoo.com) examples of both the messed up FPHG hand history and the one written by Party it should be easier to track down whats going wrong.

[/ QUOTE ]

I've found some other really strange files now, but as far as I can tell this is some internal bug in the Party client and Party seems to have written some kind of workaround to fix it themselves:

#Game No : 5291844065
***** Hand History for Game 5291844065 *****
NL Texas Hold'em $11 Buy-in - Sunday, October 01, 17:47:02 ET 2006
Table Speed #1290996 (Real Money)
Seat 10 is the button
Total number of players : 8
Seat 2: chrissy_7 ( $11 )
Seat 9: LuckyMoron74 ( $11 )
Seat 3: Snake120166 ( $11 )
Seat 10: SlimShady_1 ( $11 )
Seat 1: betaff ( $11 )
Seat 5: RMyers ( $11 )
Seat 4: NateDogg2055 ( $11 )
Seat 8: fiffa_TEAMKLONKA ( $11 )
Trny:29494214 Level:1
Blinds(20/40)
** Dealing down cards **
Snake120166 calls [40].
NateDogg2055 folds.
RMyers folds.
i_m_happy calls [40].
direct24 raises [175].
fiffa_TEAMKLONKA folds.
LuckyMoron74 folds.
SlimShady_1 folds.
betaff will be using his time bank for this hand.
betaff folds.
chrissy_7 folds.
Snake120166 folds.
i_m_happy calls [135].
** Dealing Flop ** [ 4c, 7s, Tc ]
i_m_happy bets [475].
direct24 is all-In [1825]
i_m_happy is all-In [1350]
** Dealing Turn ** [ 3d ]
** Dealing River ** [ Th ]
i_m_happy shows [ Td, Qs ] three of a kind, tens.
direct24 shows [ Ac, Qd ] a pair of tens.
i_m_happy wins 4100 chips from the main pot with three of a kind, tens.
direct24 finished in tenth place.
Game #5291856588 starts.

Basically the line "NL Texas Hold'em $11 Buy-in - Sunday, October 01, 17:47:02 ET 2006" is all messed up, as normally SNG HH files list the blinds and antes in that line.

It then seems that anytime Party forgets to list the blinds and antes their, it also forgets to list one of the players who is seated (see "i_m_happy"who should be in seat 6).

I'm not sure how I can fix these, but it only seems to happen very rarely (4 times out of nearly 1 million SNG hands).

Has anybody else experienced this bug before?

Old 01-05-2007, 02:50 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Can you explain what you mean by: "point PA to the FPHG directory while FPHG is running"? [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]
Sorry, my English is probably not always understandable by native speakers. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

[ QUOTE ]

If I have understood what you mean, then this could explain the problem; in the fact that PAHUD may be reading 1/2 written files (FPHG V2 only writes as "real-time" unlike the older versions).

As far as I know PAHUD should be able to detect the table itself without the need to look at the FPHG files, so if you are telling PAHUD to somehow look at these files and you are experiencing problems then I would try not telling PAHUD about the FPHG output files and see if that fixes the problem.

[/ QUOTE ]
Yes, that is what I'm doing. But PAHUD needs the hh-files to show the pocket cards after showdown. I also tried the old FPHG and PAHUD still had the same problem. So the real-time feature is not the cause. I also know for sure that this had worked with an older version of PAHUD. So chances are low that you can do anything about it.

I just made my post more for info that there is indeed a problem with PAHUD, not really to request a fix from your side. It is also probably not common to use FPHG and PAHUD together.

[ QUOTE ]

PS: If time permits then FPHG V2 should be getting updated sometime over the next week or so (to add back in the old FPHG 0.x options, etc) - I'll post here when it's done.

[/ QUOTE ]
That would be nice. Thanks for this great tool.
Old 01-07-2007, 10:09 PM

Hi, I just downloaded your software and I tried using it with the newest Party version, but it doesn't seem to work. I did only play Play Money games, has this got anything to do with it? Will the program only record real money games?
Old 01-08-2007, 04:01 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Hi, I just downloaded your software and I tried using it with the newest Party version, but it doesn't seem to work. I did only play Play Money games, has this got anything to do with it? Will the program only record real money games?

[/ QUOTE ]
I don't know as I've never tried it with play money tables.

Try opening up some real money tables (you don't have to sit at them) and see if it records the hands then.

Old 01-08-2007, 08:04 AM

Hi again, just tested it on real money tables and it works flawlessly there. Is there any chance you could add support for play money tables? I'd like to train a bit more on them, before starting to play with real money, but currently there's no way for me to get hand histories, so I can't calculate statistics.