Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-16-2007, 09:59 AM

Default Re: Jman\'s High Stakes Poker Trip Report (long)

[ QUOTE ]
Phil Hellmuth called me a nit, which is probably the most embarrassing thing that I can remember happening to me in my lifetime.

[/ QUOTE ]

if you said heads up for rollz, i think that you're good to go here. otherwise, ouch.
Old 05-16-2007, 10:11 AM

Jman, you put yourself in the best position to succeed and thats all any of us can do.
Old 05-16-2007, 10:15 AM

[ QUOTE ]
This really blows! But I think you could kinda see it coming. Just think about aba who played well but hardly talked and *surprise* didn't get invited for this season.

The next great player to get on HSP should definately prepare to make sure he's TV material:

1. Tell people who talk bad about your game how you've made 4 times what they have made in the last few months or challenge them to HU matches and mean it. Don't be "Wanna play HU?" and then let it go but keep talking about how you really want to play for a lot of money to show everybody who's the daddy here.

2. Tell anekdotes! You can actually prepare those and then tell them wen they fit or don't fit. Any stupid story about "I was busto and came back withing 2 days" wil do. Doesn't have to be 100% true. You could for example tell about Grimstarr getting his 130K stolen. These stories are very entertaining for the TV audience.

3. Be willing to give away some EV for TV purposes. For example if you know on the river you have the best hand make a bet and while the other guy goes in the tank tell him he can fold and for $5k you'll show him your cards. Or you could reveal some of your reads. Go "I know you have a busted flushdraw, don't even try to bluff" or after 2 guys folded (as Jman explained in the OP) "You had middle pair and you had a gutshot". It doesn't even have to be right and it's still good TV.

Obviously do all this without being an ass. Do it in a I'm-your-buddy-style and smile and laugh while you do it. Then get rich and give me money!

[/ QUOTE ]

i think thats a tough break jman, but i also think this post should be taken to heart. unfortunately its another part of the hustle but, to get into these games and situations, it looks like a necessary one.

hopefully next time.
Old 05-16-2007, 11:05 AM

Television Poker is a game that rewards bold aggressive talking
Old 05-16-2007, 11:23 AM

Default Post deleted by Mat Sklansky

Old 05-16-2007, 11:50 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
From an "outsider's" (no idea who Jman is) point of view, this thread leaves a seriously bad taste in my mouth towards the OP. Comes off extremely self-righteously. He bought in min, played like a nit and they decided to replace him with an ostensibly more interesting player - it's a shame he never got to put his master plan or whatever into action, but it's pretty easy to see HSP's point of view here. I can't imagine anybody affiliated with HSP who happened to wander into this thread would view the OP in a much more positive light either. Doesn't seem like the smartest idea posting this in terms of chances of getting back on the show. But it sure was a fun read, so I'm happy you did. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

I do know of Jman, and I am impressed by his skills, but I do not really like all the self-aggrandizing either. You might want to try not being underrolled next time.

[/ QUOTE ]

i guess bringing 1200x the bb is underrolled.

[/ QUOTE ]

Im sorry but complaining about a double straddle is ridiculous for someone with such a high opinion of himself. Either he should have planned for this or gambled on day two if the table was so great and put down 500k, I just dont see the point in whining about it.

[/ QUOTE ]

I made a commitment to play on day 3. I needed to save 500k to do so.

I might be whining a bit. I didn't mean to, but this just happened a day ago so I haven't cooled down yet. I was very upset about it.

I'm not blaming anyone for what happened. I guess I'm just unhappy about the situation.

[/ QUOTE ]
WOW
What a self righteous douche
Old 05-16-2007, 12:00 PM

sorry to hear Phil, at least you made some $, lemme know if you need backers for a HU4rolls challenge vs Phil [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

and Admo that pic is soooo great, nice work again

CALL ... CALL
Old 05-16-2007, 12:17 PM

There's mos def some merit in some "internet wiz kids vs. old pros that smell like cabbage" matchup.
Old 05-16-2007, 12:23 PM

Did you really just sit there after he called you a nit? Did you say anything back to him???
Have you always let people insult you directly to your face?
Old 05-16-2007, 12:23 PM

Admo,

Best picture....ever